Close
One second...

My dribbble subs - Coffee Rocket, Sink or Swim, Flying Hare Pet Salon. Revs before Threadless?

I have not had a lot of time to try and get my ideas for the dribbble contest worked on but today I finally got 2 of them at least sketched out on post-it notes. What do you think?

I finished up Sink or Swim - Vote Here

Ok I'm going with this version. Rev 3 - Vote Here

Coffee Rocket art Rev 2 - Simplified and beefed up the lines.

Presentation

My progress on Coffee Rocket. I'm not sure I like how it is going but I'm tired and was probably messing more up on it than actually doing it right. I might try to do Sink or Swim tomorrow then go back to this one before the deadline.

Sink or Swim Plumbing & Pool Services

idea: it is a company that does both Plumbing and Pool repair services. I thought the name was a good pun and might make a funny illustration.

COFFEE ROCKET - espresso bar & pub

idea: coffee mug on a rocket with an espresso bean planet (w/ rings) and cool type surrounding it. Probably on a brown or black shirt.

Dinosaur Radio Repair

idea: T-Rex crushing an Old School Boom Box in its mouth. Type treatment of the words "Dinosaur Radio Repair" would be added around the illustration in some way. Probably on a green shirt.

Watch this
bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

Just came up with a 3rd idea and had to share. Now if I can only find the time to vector them up and get the typography right.

hm087ster

They all look cool. 2nd is my fav.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Love them.

bortwein

don't you just love how I had to stick two post-it notes together to get my whole Coffee Rocket sketch done...

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can get them vectored up in time. Voting over there seems more obviously a popularity contest and who knows who but we will see how this pans out.

Is the winner selected by the most votes? or will dribbble/threadless staffers pick it?

azrael5

sink or swim is legend!..very cool play man...also like how out of place you are sketching these....on overlayed post-it notes?bah...you are w8ing to get home I prophess

bortwein

thanks...

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Is the winner selected by the most votes? or will dribbble/threadless staffers pick it?

I think threadless/dribbbbble staff pick the winner. You can always submit them here if they dont win there.

bortwein
xiv said:

I think threadless/dribbbbble staff pick the winner. You can always submit them here if they dont win there.

true true

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

Coffee rocket is my fave. Good stuff.

bortwein
foodstampdavis said:

Coffee rocket is my fave. Good stuff.

Thanks. I think I'm going to start vectoring that one up first to submit. I have a coffee cup at home I want to source and then the rest should fall right into place.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I adore the first two, the dino one is ok but the first two are awesome. Definitely do them both. Sink or swim is such a cool idea.

bortwein
celandinestern said:

I adore the first two, the dino one is ok but the first two are awesome. Definitely do them both. Sink or swim is such a cool idea.

Thanks. I'm worried that my bad Typography skills are going to kill or at least wound "Sink or Swim".

Any suggestions on a typography style I could reference?

celandinestern

aw man I suck at typography.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Any suggestions on a typography style I could reference?

Use the typefaces: Gotham, Din, Akzidenz-Grotesk as a reference. May be easier for you to customize an already existing type then to start from scratch.

jamesnotjim

I think I might be drunk but I'm digging dino! Also I've never heard anyone reference Gotham typeface before until xiv which is cool cause its my favourite :)

bortwein

Thanks everyone. I'm looking into those fonts.

bortwein

posted My progress on Coffee Rocket. I'm not sure I like how it is going but I'm tired and was probably messing more up on it than actually doing it right. I might try to do Sink or Swim tomorrow then go back to this one before the deadline.

alby letoy
alby letoy profile pic Alumni

I like coffee rocket.. This is my logo for Dribbble+Threadless t-shirt playoff. Please someone invite me in dribbble.. :) http://dribbble.com/AlbyLetoy

celandinestern

I like the font on coffee rocket but the lines on the cup and rocket are way too thin and even and vectory for me. The sketch version has so much more life and bounce.

bortwein
celandinestern said:

I like the font on coffee rocket but the lines on the cup and rocket are way too thin and even and vectory for me. The sketch version has so much more life and bounce.

I 100% agree.

bortwein

I limited it down to black and brown print colors on a creme shirt. What do you think?

celandinestern

I love it now. That's looking seriously good.

celandinestern

I'm a little weirded out by the R of Rocket being visible through the rocket's exaust flames as if they were just the two brown ribbons. I'd perhaps hide that corner of the R and make it feel like a full flame shooting out of the rocket's butt.

celandinestern

also ampersand instead of +? maybe.

bortwein
celandinestern said:

also ampersand instead of +? maybe.

Check!

celandinestern said:

I'm a little weirded out by the R of Rocket being visible through the rocket's exaust flames as if they were just the two brown ribbons. I'd perhaps hide that corner of the R and make it feel like a full flame shooting out of the rocket's butt.

and check. Will do those and Then I'm submitting so I can get Sink or Swim done in time.

bortwein

Updated and going to submit this version of Coffee Rocket

hm087ster

Looks cool!

bortwein
hm087ster said:

Looks cool!

thanks

bortwein
celandinestern said:

voted!

Thanks for all the help.

celandinestern

good luck :)

I'm not really getting the whole dribbble thing, but then I only spent about 3 min on the site.

bortwein
celandinestern said:

good luck :)

I'm not really getting the whole dribbble thing, but then I only spent about 3 min on the site.

Yeah I know what you mean.

bortwein

Did a last minute one using my hare riding a hair dryer.

bortwein

good morning

bortwein

I wonder how long it will take to pick a winner.

bortwein

hi

celandinestern

oooooooooooooooooh I am in love with Sink or Swim!!!!!!

most of the stuff in the contest is megalame. I only found like five worth voting for.

bortwein
celandinestern said:

oooooooooooooooooh I am in love with Sink or Swim!!!!!!

most of the stuff in the contest is megalame. I only found like five worth voting for.

Thanks. I'll probably end up submitting it here after it is over. Assuming I don't win with that one. So if there is anything I should do to improve any of these designs let me know.

bortwein
xiv said:

looks like it is time to submit them here. Any revisions I should make before I do it?

bortwein

bump

bortwein

should I do anything to fix these? do they need fixing? anything?

bortwein

ok

jamesnotjim

Both are very wearable for me the only thing I could suggest really is subtle textures :)

bortwein
jamesnotjim said:

Both are very wearable for me the only thing I could suggest really is subtle textures :)

Thanks

No account?
Join Us