The Caerbannog House Wars WIPS Thread

Ladies and Gentlemen, Knights and Knightesses, we are at war. We fight for valour, freedom but most of all house points. Post your wips in here, and our house members will do their best to help you make your one shot count. Once subbed, I will update the main blog with the entries.

fight clean, fight fair, but most of all win!

Official Blog Entry

Everyone who is able, subs a single entry to the House World War.
When scoring is finished, your house then averages your finished scores together, and the house with the highest overall average Wins the war!

Include this tag in your submission presentation to indicate your ONE entry

You must not promote your design anywhere outside of this blog, the official Threadless promotion blog, the official house cup blog and the Caerbannblog, we need equal ground for every entry.

(Sloganeers, if your collaboration partner uses their entry on your joint design, you can also use your entry on the same design, having it count twice when averaging, or on any other collaboration you are a part of.)

You all have a single bullet, make it count!

• All houses are awarded 2 points for every entry from their members

• The winning house gains 10 additional points

Deadline: August 7

ENTRY IS OPEN! GIVE 'EM HELL!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

You can be fat sloth fish burger on the bottom right.

hugodiaz
hugodiaz profile pic Alumni

They said I could be anything, so I became...........................................that

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

My project for the last 3 days. Can anyone tell me whose tree fort this is? (used to be?)

Just added the wagon this morning and still needs work.

THE PROBLEM: It doesn't look good on a shirt.

hellofromthemoon
hellofromthemoon profile pic Alumni

I think the shirt color is throwing it off a little, because the one you have now looks a bit.. muddy(?) What does it look like on natural or creme?

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

Well, I'm taking the shirt colors from xiv's list. This yellow stinks, but I tried a brighter yellow and it looks better. The other colors look weird.

I wish there were tan or khaki colored shirts!

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

What about this one for the war, did it a while ago and never subbed as a shirt? Not sure how to place it on a shirt though, stars no stars? If stars, allover or confined in a shape… Any thoughts?

v_calahan

Aww f…ck, Just saw Gebe and goliath subbed something similar, sucks! Mine is an oldie but it's game over never the less… :( TGuess it's back to work!

P0ckets
P0ckets profile pic Alumni

WIP for the war - dogfights. Any comments, suggestions, or thoughts on tee colour? Charcoal's probably my favourite but open to ideas!

P0ckets

I'll have a look - I tried darker colour for them but it seemed to make them stand out too much and off-balance the overall picture. Will try some subtle colours and maybe some light yellow for the gunfire

v_calahan

That's cool! Dunno about coloring. Did you try on silver grey? You would keep the two color option, the smoke shading would be the shirt color. But maybe that's stupid.

P0ckets

Thanks both - updates as a photoset as it'll be lots of pics otherwise:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94654952@N08/sets/72157634889408522/

Victor - I've added a silver grey mockup, though I think I prefer to have the smoke/shading colour stand out from the tee on this one rather than using the shirt colour.

4 variants in the photoset - 2 with coloured planes, which I'm not sure about, and two with grey planes but a bunch of explosions in one (possibly too many...), and lightning in the other.

hellofromthemoon
hellofromthemoon profile pic Alumni

Awesome design, it's really clever. I think the second one's my favorite!

v_calahan
quick-brown-fox said:

Think I'm digging this one the most.

The color add is a good move. Like the first two.

v_calahan

Okayyy… think I finally got my bullet. "Wolf in sheep's clothes" with glow ink. What do you guys think? With or without baseline? shirt color (sorry it's also a charcoal)… maybe white? Sheep is greyish, maybe it should be white but I'm fearing the wolf won't pop up enough in the dark…

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

Shit, that is amazing! I wouldn't go entirely white, I like it as it is at the moment, but you might be right. I think do what's best for the presentation, Threadless will fix it when they print it :)

P0ckets

Coolio - thanks for the advice. Made some very minor amendments to the second one and tidied up some bits - think it's ready to sub :

Large version

Any last thoughts on shirt colour?

P0ckets

That's amazing! Really clever and looks great. I think the dark colour works really well as it is.

v_calahan

Thx guys, happy I finally have my bullet! Dunno bout sheep color, I like it grey, feel it's more subtle, as for the wolf It'll be GID, so I have the choice between these, not sure which to pick… maybe the "white".

@pockets : go for it, good to go!

v_calahan

Ok thx I'll sub with with white, errrr… or aqua… or white and as John said, Threadless will do their stuff if ever it prints. :)

P0ckets

I think the baseline is done really well - even though the design is quite self explanatory. Bit of a toss up, but I would say keep it

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

I will be hard pressed for time for the next week so this may just have to be my bullet.
Whoopless Cushion had dreams once.

angelielle

@$#!!... I didn't know we had this thread err... was busy with training this past week but here's my latest entry that didn't get rejected.. lolol {>,<} v le W.I.P (I ran out of ink... so I had to use another pen with a different brand {-_-}... ) finished product

im now working on a Simpsons entry.. hope I get to pass it on time. break a leg every one.

BeanePod

Lol, at some point (after adding the dots) it did seem a bit familiar. I may tweak it over the wknd just to make myself feel better :)

BeanePod

Reworked with color....now feeling much better about myself. Not that it's anything Threadless would ever print but it was nice to finally get that idea out of my head :)

hugodiaz
hugodiaz profile pic Alumni

I feel like I owe the house a lot of points, I got declined both of my Thor designs (that was a sad waste of time), so now I want to concentrate on my bullet. Which one of these ideas you think is worthy?

BeanePod

oh man i'm a science freak so i love experimental music! but i also think abnormal really deserves to be finished cause it's sooooo god thus far.

sucks about your thor entries :/

P0ckets

All look worth finishing dude - some great ideas. I would vote abnormal for your bullet as it is ultra rad

thompson98

Nickname Generators Suck, how could they decline BOTH of your Thor designs. They were the best designs I've seen so far! what did they say was the reason? Wait a while and post it to the threadless comp. They have to print!

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
Nickname Generators Suck said:

I feel like I owe the house a lot of points, I got declined both of my Thor designs (that was a sad waste of time), so now I want to concentrate on my bullet. Which one of these ideas you think is worthy?

I like them all, but K.O. is my fave. It sucks about the thor designs, the big hammer was spectacular.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us