Close
One second...

ad astra per aspera (wip) v4 new question

ad astra per aspera is Latin and it means; through hardship to the stars! this is a design that I wiped up and it's meaning is very personal to me, the duds and briefcase signify hard work and hardship, him stepping on the papers signifies him going through the thought times to get to the stars! this is just a very rough draft that I used with a sakura pigma sensei marker, of coarse the final version will be neat and clean! I plane on making this in minimalist style. hope you like it, if not, tell me what I can change!

updated 7/9/13

or black and white?

or both?

7/10/13

7/11/13

7/14/13
should i submit this for the minimalist challenge coming up, or submit it on its own?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
hannahhyatt92

This is pretty cool! The man's figure is great. But the briefcase kind of looked like a nun-chuck to me at first. It could just be me, I'd probably just make it a little thicker. And the hat doesn't match the suit, it looks like an amazon adventure hat.

osaze

^what she said about the brief case. besides that, the rest looks ok to me since its a rough sketch(i like what you did with the paper trail also)

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni

thanks guys, I realize his fedora and briefcase arnt convincing right now, final design will!

chuck p comics

Anyone else got any input?

Turner555

i like it mate

Octo Gon

This is great chuck. Maybe if the case was turned a bit so you can see inside it with a stack of papers , showing more clearly that they are blowing out of the case. The pose on the guy is really good. I especially like his foot for some reason, haha. I saw your site btw and your stuff is really nice, especially for your age.

chuck p comics

Thanks soooo much! Yeah I'm defiantly gonna tweak the briefcase and show the papers blowing out! Thanks again for the kind words... Means a lot!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Very cool great concept and design. ? Can't wait to see the process

thepapercut

This is gonna be something super special, I can feel it. Great job so far, can't wait to see more.

chuck p comics
thepapercut said:

This is gonna be something super special, I can feel it. Great job so far, can't wait to see more.

thanks so much you don't know how much that means to me! :)

chuck p comics

updated! what do you think?

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

i like the b/w cause there isn't as much contrast between him and the background. that's just me though....i'm a fan of subtlety.

i'd even tone that black of the suit down a tad if i had my way but again, that's just me :)

chuck p comics

ok ill give it a try, thanks for your input

BeanePod

ah....the way my screen was angled earlier i couldn't see any of the grey textures in the black. i thought it was just solid black but see i was wrong.....duh

chuck p comics
BeanePod said:

ah....the way my screen was angled earlier i couldn't see any of the grey textures in the black. i thought it was just solid black but see i was wrong.....duh

hahaha I did the same thing! lol I was like I thought I put a texture in there!

wiwitaek

I like the last one, really, it just awesome!

Elma e Francis
BeanePod said:

It was too many subtle even for you, subtlety fan.... :)

I like the hybrid version, bt agree, you can make the black less contrasting

Elma e Francis

I must say. In the first view, I perfectly saw the nose, but now I can't stop seeing a Threadless happy face on it...

chuck p comics
Elma e Francis said:

I must say. In the first view, I perfectly saw the nose, but now I can't stop seeing a Threadless happy face on it...

here comes the noob " what is a threadless happy face?"

thepapercut

Looking good, the hybrid background is nice, but I'd darken it up a tad.

chuck p comics

thanks, and ill give that a shot matt

chuck p comics

ditched the face....good or bad? and added some more stars changed the texture around the moon to grey

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Like this

chuck p comics said:

ditched the face....good or bad? and added some more stars changed the texture around the moon to grey

thepapercut

Yea that darkening really made the moon illuminate and character lift off the surface. Good job, can't wait to see this on a T-shirt.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

like it without the face

chuck p comics

yeah the face is history

thepapercut

The text placement just isn't doing it for me where it's at, maybe try moving it around a bit. Design looks great though man.

chuck p comics

yeah I thought it would be something different to try, but I think im gonna get rid of it

chuck p comics

yay! i got a support bump lol!

BeanePod

Yeah, no text. Text should just be the title.

And bump :D

chuck p comics

yeah forget the words! and thanks!

hannahhyatt92
BeanePod said:

Have to agree, but I'm so excited for this!

chuck p comics
hannahhyatt92 said:
BeanePod said:

Have to agree, but I'm so excited for this!

your excited? im excited that your excited!!!!!!!!!!

chuck p comics

should i submit this for the minimalist challenge coming up, or submit it on its own?

chuck p comics

what yall think? contest? or submit it on its own?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us