Close
One second...

Let's Be Postcard Pals!

Hey Folks!
So a few of us Threaddies are starting a mailling club called Postcard Pals! Basically if you sign up, you'll get one person to send a postcard or letter to each month! Sounds fun right?? All you have to do to sign up is send your Username, Real Name, and Address to the email listed below. Feel free to send postcards, letters, old unused birthday cards, a homemade card, a piece of cardboard from a cereal box or anything else! Use this as a great way to meet your fellow Threadless community members! Have fun and let me know of any questions!

Send me an Email if you want some mail!

Postcard Pals:

Ryder Revolution
JeffreyG
Squintygirl
ChrisDB
Pyr4lis
TheInfamousBaka
TwiggyHall
Mezo
v.calahan
wharton
ucannyxjen
Jublin
Rhythmdev9
amaara

(If i forgot to add you let me know!)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

uncannyxjen
uncannyxjen profile pic Alumni

This sounds really fun! When I was in 6th grade I watched Vegas Vacation for the first time, and after that, I was OBSESSED with Hoover Dam. I guess mostly because I liked the Dam joke and told all my friends I wanted to be a Dam tour guide. I think I talked about it ALL the time. Weird but true story.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Me! Are homemade postcards ok? Can I use vintage postcards?

P0ckets
P0ckets profile pic Alumni

Getting a letter is a hundred times better than email or text. You gotta take time over that!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Anything works! homemade, dollar store, piece of cardboard from a cereal box... i think as long as it has a stamp on it you're A-OK...

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
uncannyxjen said:

This sounds really fun! When I was in 6th grade I watched Vegas Vacation for the first time, and after that, I was OBSESSED with Hoover Dam. I guess mostly because I liked the Dam joke and told all my friends I wanted to be a Dam tour guide. I think I talked about it ALL the time. Weird but true story.

Yes!! Vegas Vacation is awesome... WHERE CAN I GET SOME DAMN BAIT??

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

This is Stef when she gets a postcard from me:

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Yeah, I'm up for this. Sounds like fun.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Me want, used to send cuttlefish bones and even a coconut in the old days, dunno if postal services are still up to that but I'm in!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

haha i remember sending coconuts in like first grade...

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

ChrisDB
1 design submitted -

That looks awesome! email sent! Can we have a postcard swap thing? Like a list of participants, almost like the secret santa sorta thing. That could be fun.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Fine with me if people are down for that

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Yes. let's make it a swap event!

Twiggyhall
ChrisDB said:

That looks awesome! email sent! Can we have a postcard swap thing? Like a list of participants, almost like the secret santa sorta thing. That could be fun.

ooooh! that sounds fun :)

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

If you want your name listed on a participants list please let me know!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Do you want it to be a group swap where anyone can send to anyone or more like SS where you have just one person?

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

I dont care. Either way seems like it would be fun! :)

ChrisDB
1 design submitted -

Either way sounds good. Maybe have it like a rotational list? Where maybe every month you get a different 'pal'?

chasing_chimera

I write to two of my friends. It's a good feeling.
I used to always say that letters are strong friendship magnets. Which is why they are more electric than e-mail can ever be.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Ok lets try this:

Send me an email with your name/username/address. I'll then shuffle up the list Secret Santa style and match you up with a postcard pal! You'll get an email with their address and then send away! Would you guys prefer to do mailings twice a month or once? or more? haha. I'll list the names of the participants in this blog! Sound ok?

Go USPS!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

once a year

jeffreyg

i wanna do this but i don't have an address yet

jeffreyg

but i wanna send someone one so just add me as a sender

squintygirl

Oooh, this sounds like fun, I'm in!

randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni

Just wanted to say your work/style has really improved! however I am never happy to see the hoover damn idea appear for the hundredth time haha

Twiggyhall

I'm in! I think once a month is good.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Updated the description! :)

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
randyotter3000 said:

Just wanted to say your work/style has really improved! however I am never happy to see the hoover damn idea appear for the hundredth time haha

haha, i'll take a compliment anytime! and Hoover Dam had to be redone just one last time, hahaha... i promise! No more hoover dams!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

also, side note, i have a big box full of really random postcards and greeting cards i've somehow gathered over the years... so don't be surprised if you get some pretty odd stuff from me...

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Hey, guys, just a warning. I think this Ryder guy is trying to scam us and steal our identities. The joke's on him, though, because I don't have any money.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni
kuro_te said:

Hey, guys, just a warning. I think this Ryder guy is trying to scam us and steal our identities. The joke's on him, though, because I don't have any money.

Work LOL. Now the coworkers are looking at me funny.

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

i'm down! i think!

ChrisDB
1 design submitted -

This is great man. I was going through some boxes and found a postcard from Phil with one of his ugly sweater postcards. That was prettyy cool :)

Who does your personalised post cards btw?

rhythmdev9

"I'm down," he posts to Threadless for the first time in 2 years.

amaara

Yes! I'm in!

the snack exchange totally ignited a desire to send mail lol

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Now with Postcard Logo action

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Where's my name?! I want to be scammed, please!

Nordic Thunder
amaara said:

Yes! I'm in!

Getting mail RULES!

I'm in too! Sign this beardo up

Twiggyhall
amaara said:

Yes! I'm in!

hmmmm....could a resurrection of the CD swap be far behind...???

NinaRain

I live in Italy, is it okay anyway? :(

ChrisDB
1 design submitted -
NinaRain said:

That's no worries. I'm sure everyone is up for making friends across the globe. I'm not from the US either.

Nordic Thunder
ChrisDB said:
NinaRain said:

That's no worries. I'm sure everyone is up for making friends across the globe. I'm not from the US either.

I have to agree with ChrisDB! I'm certainly up for making new friends from around the globe. When is this kicking off, Ryder?

ChrisDB
1 design submitted -

Ryyyyderrrrr!!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Yeah I've got no issues with global mailing... if anyone doesn't want to mail outside the US just let me know :)

Lets Kick it off July 1st!

ChrisDB
1 design submitted -

Sounds like a plan!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us