Close
One second...

Not much scoring going on

Anyone else notice this? just had design finish and it had under 200 votes.

Watch this
blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

That is pretty low, even by new site standards.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

For me, the interface (when viewing full designs) always screws up. The slider ends up off center more and more each time and, eventually, the design I'm scoring is completely off-screen. I don't voting on thumbnail views because I can't really see a design. So, unless I get a direct link from the forums I pretty much just don't bother.

FireMe

I haven't got any that low, and mine still has 6 days left

merkinspurlock
merkinspurlock profile pic Alumni
foodstampdavis said:

For me, the interface (when viewing full designs) always screws up. The slider ends up off center more and more each time and, eventually, the design I'm scoring is completely off-screen.

This would probably explain why most of the comments I get on my design have absolutely nothing to do with it.

FoodStampDavis

Probably. It only takes 3 or 4 slides before the totally wrong image is up.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I only vote from the thumbnails now, and loading the next page takes FOREVER. I usually get through about the first 10 pages and then give up.

FireMe

Yer threadless needs to improve voting speed, especially with the amount of designs going up each day you can get over 1000 in a week to vote on. Needs speed

FoodStampDavis

The other thing that drives me away from voting sessions is the challenges. I'm not suggesting the challenges go away or anything, but if I don't give a shit about Sponge Bob and that's all I see on the front page, I don't bother.

I know I could just click to a different challenge page, but I'm a lazy, lazy man.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

It also seems very difficult to get any comments. That's probably got something to do with the new site too.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

just finished & 298, not much either, but it's quite unpredictable from what I've seen lately.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!
Akaka said:

It also seems very difficult to get any comments. That's probably got something to do with the new site too.

yep true, unless it's the amount of subs?

evyc

yeah its sad. i really think its bc of the interface glitches and such.

Chayground

I just finished a score and it was under 250. I don't know if something happened this week? (I have another one that started scoring yesterday that is already up to 450 with no promotion?!)

I've noticed that the only way I can score is to use the thumbnails and click on the ones that look interesting.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

interface glitches and way too many contest and subs to score, I have been limiting the number of sub I comment on just to be able to keep up on the voting.

Chayground

My slider goes off after 2 votes as well (I'm using chrome, but then most people are these days)

moosabman
moosabman profile pic Alumni

Experiencing all of the above.

evyc
soloyo said:

interface glitches and way too many contest and subs to score, I have been limiting the number of sub I comment on just to be able to keep up on the voting.

Yeahhh That^^ There should only be a few contests at a time.

FoodStampDavis

I think the sliders discourage commenting. The second you score something (which you're going to do first since that's the top of the page) the page instantly shifts to the next design. So if you wanted to comment on something you either have to scroll all the way down, leave your comment, scroll back up, and the design. Or you score it, the screen slide to the next design, and you click to slide back to the left to leave a comment on the piece you just scored. It's totally counter-intuitive.

I would prefer it without all the automatic flipping and sliding. Let me decide when to look at the next slide of a design. Let me decide when to move on to the next piece to score.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I don't comment much anymore just because it takes so much time with all the loading times.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Ditto....... To everything.

Morkki

But I did just score everything in the running!

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Dammit Morkki...

adanawtn
foodstampdavis said:

I think the sliders discourage commenting. The second you score something (which you're going to do first since that's the top of the page) the page instantly shifts to the next design. So if you wanted to comment on something you either have to scroll all the way down, leave your comment, scroll back up, and the design. Or you score it, the screen slide to the next design, and you click to slide back to the left to leave a comment on the piece you just scored. It's totally counter-intuitive.

I would prefer it without all the automatic flipping and sliding. Let me decide when to look at the next slide of a design. Let me decide when to move on to the next piece to score.

Exactly!! That is annoying as all hell. As far as the images getting screwed, I usually only get the ones that freeze on one slide and I have to click things. And if I'm voting on more than ten subs in full design mode, I can pretty much expect it to freeze and give me that condescending little message: "Oops! Something went wrong." I know something went wrong. Effin' fix it.

thompson98

agreed. i just had a design that luckily finished just over 300 but then i see that popular designers have had over 800 scores. kinda sucks for the newbies :/

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Yeah, all of the above for me too.

I don't comment for a few reasons - firstly it's too damn slow to wait to load. Secondly I have to drag all the way down to the bottom of the page which can be annoying - a comment box at the top might improve things. Thirdly, I don't really see the point - previously most of the reason behind me commenting was to bump the design to the top of the blogs so that other people could see its awesomeness. It doesnt do that anymore so while I like to comment to be supportive as well and I still do on epic stuff, without that added incentive I probably comment about 10% as much as I used to.

soloyo

And why are we force to vote on the newest subs first?? Shouldn't the system showcase those designs about to end voting to make sure we don't miss them?? Sometimes I vote on a bunch of 7 days left for voting designs before I can even come across one or two on their last day.

Chayground

you can choose to sort by oldest and that lets you vote the oldest ones first. or by average score so you can see which are the highest ones

soloyo
Chaymation said:

you can choose to sort by oldest and that lets you vote the oldest ones first. or by average score so you can see which are the highest ones

I know, but that takes even longer to load and then after a few votes it goes back to the newest ones , at least on my computer.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Hopefully the comments don't matter very much when it comes to getting printed. The amounts of comments I'm getting now are kinda sad...

FoodStampDavis
soloyo said:

And why are we force to vote on the newest subs first?? Shouldn't the system showcase those designs about to end voting to make sure we don't miss them?? Sometimes I vote on a bunch of 7 days left for voting designs before I can even come across one or two on their last day.

Agreed.

REVOLUTIIIOOOOON!!!!

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

Threadless is dying, man. Peeps used to get 2.5K votes in the golden days. What has happened?

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Too many subs in voting at one time. Too many glitches in the voting process.

Morkki
Tonteau said:

Threadless is dying, man. Peeps used to get 2.5K votes in the golden days. What has happened?

2019 designs in the scoring right now. That's what and I wouldn't exactly call it dying.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Threadless is growing like a fungus more like!

Morkki

The votes aren't distributing very evenly. I'm guessing a lot of people are scoring mostly the designs that end up on the first page of subs when sorted by average score and it snowballs from there.

hobigambar

Maybe add comment window at the bottom of thumbnail without displaying the other comments. If want to see the other comments, must open the full design page!

What do you think about it?

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Same issues as most everyone above.

Its annoying having to remember to comment first before I score so that the slider doesn't shift to the next design. Or I have to scroll back. And this will frequently cause me to get the "Ooops" error.

It would be nice to have it easier to score subs in specific categories like "general" only. I state easier because now it's kind of tricky to set up the filter to just show the challenges I want to score. I know it's possible to filter but if I get one of those "Oops" errors my settings go away and I see everything and often have to rescore stuff I scored already.

Also I'm really burnt out on scoring and slogging through challenge subs I have no interest in. I would love to be able to click a box like "never show" or something for a particular challenge I'm not interested in.

I think this would be nice for voters and it could work in threadless's favor in that they could get an idea of the number of people blocking certain challenges and better see the types of challenges people like vs the kind of stuff people are not interested in.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Each user being able to have saved custom voting parameters would be amazing.

mockart
mockart profile pic Alumni

I was having the problem where the slides would gradually become more and more off center. I realized the problem was I was zoomed in on the page, making everything just a little bit bigger. All I had to do was view the page at its actual size and everything started working again.

Hope that helps somebody. I know how frustrating it can be.

ourgraphicfaith

Really...scoring is bloody slow here! 2 days down and measly 133 votes for the Pixel Design...somethings not right here :-(

Morkki

Some things get votes, some things don't. My single greeting card entry has been up for several days and has 235 scores. Meanwhile arzie13's Panda Express has been up for a couple of days and has over 700 scores, a respectable amount by today's standards. The subs that float to the top tend to stay there.

r3nni32000
soloyo said:

spot on, i have been thinking about the same recently

Sarcasticatbest

There is also a lot to score. I try to score all new subs daily, but if I miss a day-especially Mondays then it often it's hard to catch up.

evan3
evan3 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I miss the old threadless

I miss the community, and the old layout, and the popular button, and the community collabs, and the days when having flash on a presentation was mind-blowing

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

Holy evan3 sighting! Scoring definitely isn't as much fun as it used to be. I liked when designs got bumped to the front page on the blogs, hate how slow comments are to load.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

I definitely think the amount of challenges has also really affected things here, Too many newbies have flooded onto this site to compete in the branded challenges which draws attention away from the original Threadless designs, I made the mistake of entering the Wittlebee contest which I wish I hadn't. My scores there are up in the 600 - 800's yet my normal Threadless subs are lucky if they break the 300 mark. People with a large social following will always score highly on here compared to us mere mortals that have one man and his dog following us. The scores are disappointing but I think its the many many challenges that are creating this new phenomena

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

my slides don't slide. When I vote I do it on the thumbnails page. It sucks but it's the only way I can do it. Going in to comment takes way too much time.

Morkki

I just waited for a full minute for the comments to load on a design. Multiply that with the 500 or so designs I haven't scored... yeah.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
mip1980 said:

My scores there are up in the 600 - 800's yet my normal Threadless subs are lucky if they break the 300 mark. Dang those are great Wittlebee numbers. My highest is 500 and my lowest is below 300. You must have done something right. And, yes, I agree the scoring gliches need to be fixed. The days of 100 comments with 1000 votes are presently over.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Whoops. I did not mean to block quote my added comment to Mip's original comment.

No account?