melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

me.

hershel

me,too....need to get rid of my anger.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I get it and I think it's funny but I don't particularly like the struts on the sign. Suggestion: how about giving it a little of that perspective twist like in the opening crawls?

jamesf
jamesf profile pic Alumni

How about having it so it's lit by headlights or something

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

Thanks guys, I was thinking about making the stars a bit more obvious and maybe hyperspacey. Maybe having some perspective and gradient on there might help. It's a bit flat and floaty, but I don't want to make it like a road or something illustrated because a) I can't b) I want it to be fairly simple!

It's funny how ideas happen, I was in a shitty mood last night and my gf asked why I was so angry. I told her I was on the path to the dark side.

jamesnotjim

Next you'll be talking like vader!

HyperLongWing

Haha -raises hand- I get it. I agree some kind of simplistic scene setting is needed. Bit of pavement, road, something

Normero

I don't get it :p But with things like this you can easily make it more interesting with a cool perspective or something! :) Good luck

Normero

I don't get it :p But with things like this you can easily make it more interesting with a cool perspective or something! :) Good luck

quick-brown-fox

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering"

Thanks for the comments. I don't really want to add a scene because a scene will mean a road, a road leads to vehicles, vehicles lead to characters, character lead to an ewok being stopped for speeding by a storm trooper!

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni

is it a star trek reference? ha

Normero

Ah, i didn't watch Star Wars or Star Trek or anything (plz don't hit me :P)

Sorry for the Double post earlier, don't know what happened!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
quick-brown-fox said:

Thanks guys, I was thinking about making the stars a bit more obvious and maybe hyperspacey. Maybe having some perspective and gradient on there might help. It's a bit flat and floaty, but I don't want to make it like a road or something illustrated because a) I can't b) I want it to be fairly simple!

I get it. I think these changes/additions will make or break it's ultimate potential. The force is strong in this one.
gabras

Clever!!

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Nice reference to THX-1138. Check out highway signs from other countries, too, for more inspiration.

Ian-S
Ian-S profile pic Alumni

Great! Everyone's covered all the good points so I'll just say yes, I get it.

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

cool!

quick-brown-fox

Cheers everyone, really helpful stuffs. Here it is with kind of a hyperspace thing I think I prefer it with an actual photo of stars, so it's floating in space somewhere.

goliath72
1 design submitted -

Again

goliath72
1 design submitted -

Awesome

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

I wish there was some way you could incorporate significant numbers...

quick-brown-fox

12 the zone where the probe droid was at on Hoth 94 docking bay number where the millennium Falcon was at Mos Eisley 271 what to set when flying through an astroid field 327 the platform the Millennium Falcon lands on in Cloud City 1138 - you know

google is my geekier friend ;)

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

TOO NERDY

No account?
Join Us