Close
One second...

What is this sorcery?

Woaah! a score of 4.43?

That's an insane score!!

What I find interesting, is this sub has over 4,000 votes more than the next (another 4+ score!!), ..and more than 7,000 votes more than almost all the others... but still has only 20 comments which aren't the artists own.

Any theories?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

that is insane ! how does anyone get votes in the thousands ! or a score like that if it's int thousands ! some one buying votes or is it possible to make voter bot.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

No idea. ..The amount of votes to comments is really strange, ..and the high score despite the amount of votes is stranger.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

Here's another one, ..4.25!!!

I'm going to throw on my honesty hat and just flat out say, ..neither of these deserve 4+.. and the fives scored on both were in the THOUSANDS!

There have been entries in Threadless' past that deserve a final score of 4+ ...and would maybe get a 3.6 at most.

I can choose 100+ entries in the contest I would put in front of both of these.

BlancaJP

Something does not compute for sure. I have been getting a lot of "ups something went wrong" notes while voting. and that "you have minus numbers of designs to scores" was in play a little while ago - some funky combo of aggressive friend voters and a bug in the threadless voting system. I'm not convinced that this could add up to that much though.

Wolfgang8885

Wow......why are people such scumbags. And dont these cheaters know that it's not just about votes? In the end Threadless knows what to print and these two pieces, wont.

hershel

I am not sure if if that movie is still on...must have fallen asleep.

hershel

I have lost my senses for fake accounts...I can´t tell who´s real and who´s not...kids are getting really crazy these days

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

I think Threadless MUST take away all the duplicated scores from the same i.p and I'm sure that it will show not only the real scores of this designs, but of all designs that was pull down as well. I think they should do that to be fair to everyone.

hershel

absolutely. It seems like there is much darkness under the surface....smells like work.

I´m out.

taz-pie

FUUUUUUUUUU

Robo Rat

But I hope they will look into this. It's not a matter of not having a high score but if you know that you deserve more than what you get because of what the fakers did then Threadless need to do something to fix this.

hershel said:

absolutely. It seems like there is much darkness under the surface....smells like work.

I´m out.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

for me it's not even about whether my sub or someone elses sub deserves a better score or not, it comes down purely to the credibility of the place. Voting - the lifeblood of the site as Threadless keep telling us - starts to mean nothing when it can be so easily screwed. People can say it makes no difference, Threadless will print what they want/the good stuff anyway, but then why are we even voting in the first place? If they want people to continue to want to vote legitimately, then they need to make them believe that their vote actually means something.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

I'm so sad right now... My last subs are doing so bad and it makes me pissed!!! I would accept it if there were no shit like this around! -_- it's depressing...

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

I've noted an increased amount of these lately, especially in the challenges, but not only, totally agree with digsy on the matter. Guess it goes with the turf of network voting and Threadless gaining in popularity. Yet staff will always have the last word in picking the designs, as long as they can "see" them and don't focus only on high scores when scooping for print material.

Robo Rat

You have a very strong point here. Threadless was once a website that pick among the designs that did well, in terms of scores and comments. I guess if the scores are manipulable now, then we can just submit designs and wait if it will get printed or not.

digsy said:

for me it's not even about whether my sub or someone elses sub deserves a better score or not, it comes down purely to the credibility of the place. Voting - the lifeblood of the site as Threadless keep telling us - starts to mean nothing when it can be so easily screwed. People can say it makes no difference, Threadless will print what they want/the good stuff anyway, but then why are we even voting in the first place? If they want people to continue to want to vote legitimately, then they need to make them believe that their vote actually means something.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

I don't think it's so easy to get noticed if you have never been printed, and in this period it's even harder!

BlancaJP
digsy said:

I'm with this

Robo Rat

Hopefully, Threadless will look upon this matter because even though my design was not picked for printing, simply by knowing that it did well in terms of the score and comments in a fair way, it motivates me to create and sub more.

gebe said:

I don't think it's so easy to get noticed if you have never been printed, and in this period it's even harder!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Something majorly weird going on. Having a huge fanbase or being featured on a popular youtube channel or something like that could explain a few thousand votes but nearly 8000 just seems impossible. The designer behind the first one has a Tumblr but not a terribly popular one (nice character art though). Getting a reblog from a very popular Tumblr could maybe explain something.

On April 14th she posted an entry promoting the design with the note "Keep voting guys! You can vote once a day!". Whoa wait what? Actually I think that's just an honest misunderstanding of how the voting works but still... what if.

Morkki

As for the yin/yang design, I have no clue.

hershel

what if

morkki...you really have some talent to scare me...

hershel

just sounded spooky :-D

taz-pie

FUCK THAT YIN YANG SHIT, MANG

hershel

never felt so nice to see you, taz-pie :-)

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Really? are you guys still worry about the score and number of votes a design gets?? It is not the popular vot that counts , it is threadlesss electoral college that decides who wins. That's how democracy works, remember that. (I hope you guys can detect the sarcastic tone of my comment)

hershel

I can sense some sarcastic tone in there

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
soloyo said:

Really? are you guys still worry about the score and number of votes a design gets?? It is not the popular vot that counts , it is threadlesss electoral college that decides who wins. That's how democracy works, remember that. (I hope you guys can detect the sarcastic tone of my comment)

LOL, I have detected it ;) democracy = illusion of been important - but you don't deciede anything, like a puppet XD

BlancaJP

Then there was this for a little while, tried a punch of links and they game out fine, so did this after a while, so don't worry gebe, but it was there, it happened, so makes me think what else. I'm not getting my panties in a bunch, but if it is a bug I'll like to pointed out so it can be fixed :) that's all

taz-pie

don't be so whiny. OF COURSE threadless has the final say- i don't see YOU forking out millions for a print run which may or may not sell??! nobody should be butthurt cos their 3.93 or whatever score didn't ever get chosen. you are not a special snowflake and nobody HAS to choose you.

THE END

hershel

I really do not know what kind of movie you are watching, guys...but the one I am watching is too weird in many different layers that I cannot even tell how weird it is...I´m off for a while. sane.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
BlancaJP said:

Then there was this for a little while, tried a punch of links and they game out fine, so did this after a while, so don't worry gebe, but it was there, it happened, so makes me think what else. I'm not getting my panties in a bunch, but if it is a bug I'll like to pointed out so it can be fixed :) that's all

What? XD why he got my name???

Abstract Matter

Lol my Benson design didn't even break 3

BlancaJP
taz-pie said:

don't be so whiny. OF COURSE threadless has the final say- i don't see YOU forking out millions for a print run which may or may not sell??! nobody should be butthurt cos their 3.93 or whatever score didn't ever get chosen. you are not a special snowflake and nobody HAS to choose you.

THE END

wate what ? I thought we weren't whining on this tread, just wondering in academic sence how is this happening.

cause I'm all for the threadless having final say and all. it's a good thing, this just feels more like a bug thing or someone mucking about and braking stuff.

and like digsy pointed out after a while it's bad for moral.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

THE END

Ooops! this was not a blog for complaints? LOL XD

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

When people cheat the system, they should be banned for life....or until they can make a newer, better, faker account.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

THE END

TAZ hates two kind of people Whiners and everybody else

Abstract Matter

I can't even see what's going on in the first sub on the thread

BlancaJP

Basil Fawlty: Right, well I'll go and have a lie down then. No I won't; I'll go and hit some guests.

one of my absolute favorite shows of all time and a character near to heart :)

I like you TAZ !

taz-pie
soloyo said:

taz-pie said:

THE END

^ i should have been more clear about what i was referring to.

Morkki

taz-pie is punches

taz-pie

NO U

taz-pie

and i should add, people who try cheat the system (like those shitty subs up there) are little pathetic loser bitches who probably still live in their mom's basement. fuck them.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I have said it time and time again. Taz is honest to a fault and is usually the hammer of truth. Though I I too would be butthurt if I had been involved in the contest.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I had been going through the first 10 top average pages and voting that way, but that has lost its appeal since shit like this keeps floating to the top while the good stuff gets buried deeper and deeper. And with challenges like these, Threadless doesn't exactly get the final say in what is printed, do they?

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

this seems to be a recurring thing..

even in the mickey contest there were subs that tied the highest score on threadless with a 4.67 ..

in the transition to the new website i don't think they have the same filters they used to on the old site so tracking cheaters isn't as easy anymore

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I get the statement about this effecting Threadless' credibility, but I don't think it's too huge of a deal (yet). The vast majority of people who vote would have no idea that there's something fishy going on. I'm sure Threadless can easily recognise these overblown scores for what they are. From the little research I've done, they always seem to belong to the same small number of accounts, and oddly enough, the artists seem to cover the full gamut of talent.

As to whether they're just super-promoters or trying to scam the system, most often what's really telling is the number of 5s. Having had something of mine go viral on Tumblr, I can attest to the possibility of getting thousands and thousands of votes more than the rest. But what's the odds that 85%+ of those votes would be 5s? Give me a break. Obama could have personally impaled Bin Laden with a flag pole taken from the widow of a first responder and he still would have struggled to get 60% approval.

celestezul

Honestly I really don't pay much attention to the final scores.I mean, yeah it's true that scorings and comments (comments, more than scorings) let us know what the buyers like, but the final desition is taken by the Threadless staff. No matter the scoring. So I think we'll just have to wait to see the results. Don't freak out with the weird stuff going on with scorings.

Dan Yingling

Hey guys, we are aware of some weird things going on with the scoring here and it's being worked on. Thanks for looking out!

Morkki

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us