Close
One second...

My HULK WIP: Now up for scoring!

Hi! I'm going to submit my design for the Hulk contest and here you are my pencils.
I'm not sure with the veins: keeping them or not? I'm afraid they could give sort of a sexual reference, although Jen is just sitting on his head, a cousin thing which Bruce seems not to like so much! :D
The title I was thinking at is I can't get you out (off?) my head.
Do you think the design needs some improvements or special context? I'd like to laying it down on a simple grey. Maybe I'll add a balloon but i don't really like that idea.

Now up for scoring: http://www.threadless.com/Hulk/bruce-and-jen-family-picture/

Watch this
BubbleHezza
BubbleHezza profile pic Alumni

Gotta Keep them

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

If you're worried about sexual connotation, you could move She-Hulk to the back of the Hulk's neck or his shoulder. I like it without veins. Seems to match the clean lines of your style more.

number_six
kuro_te said:

If you're worried about sexual connotation, you could move She-Hulk to the back of the Hulk's neck or his shoulder. I like it without veins. Seems to match the clean lines of your style more.

Thank you, I'll definetly try other position :)

number_six

update: do you think halftoning is necessary? I mean, are there some sort of techical problems with just plain gradient?

Wolfgang8885

I think the coloring looks great! I just dont get the concept.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I think the art is fantastic but I think the concept is lacking unless it is titled "The worst hemorrhoid of all time?" Not sure if that will fly with Marvel.

On a serious note, it would be helpful to be able to screen ideas with Marvel's deciders. It seems a shame to put a lot work into a design and have it rejected on concept. Probably wont happen but it would be nice.

number_six
Musarter said:

I think the art is fantastic but I think the concept is lacking unless it is titled "The worst hemorrhoid of all time?" Not sure if that will fly with Marvel.

On a serious note, it would be helpful to be able to screen ideas with Marvel's deciders. It seems a shame to put a lot work into a design and have it rejected on concept. Probably wont happen but it would be nice.

Thank you so much! I'm very afraid I'm the one who think she's sitted on his head. Too late for changes :(

number_six
Wolfgang8885 said:

I think the coloring looks great! I just dont get the concept.

My concept is jest focused on a family scene that shows the personalities: Jen likes fun and she's ironic while Bruce is more angry and doesn't like jokes altought she's his cousin. :)

number_six

Quick colors update!

number_six

Last update here: full version!

No account?
Join Us