Close
One second...

How can we define this? take a look

This is one of my old-site designs:

link to my submission.

While I was voting some wittlebee sub, I noticed of this. WHAT??? The artist said that he was inspired by me. I'm not offended! I'm just looking for some opinion

Watch this
PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Just very heavily inspired. You handled it pretty gracefully, so hopefully he'll take your advice next time around and do his own thing.

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni

I wouldn't be that offended, unless of course it gets printed...then...sucks for you!

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
nikoby said:

I wouldn't be that offended, unless of course it gets printed...then...sucks for you!

Hehe I'm not offended ;) untill he don't be printed XD

@Baka I hope he can find his way

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni

;)

Chayground

whoooah that's a total rip. I would hope threadless will take it down!

Chayground

It even has the same feet

Chayground

although you have taken it in a very professional way, so good for you!

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

very heavy handed on the inspiration indeed, but still a different design so not a copy I'd say. Egg roll and you seem to have a very similar style so similarities are bound to happen. Nice to see you being graceful. Hope that a similar design like this doesn't come up again. BTW love your helium dude :)

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I agree I'd be pissed too

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
BlancaJP said:

very heavy handed on the inspiration indeed, but still a different design so not a copy I'd say. Egg roll and you seem to have a very similar style so similarities are bound to happen. Nice to see you being graceful. Hope that a similar design like this doesn't come up again. BTW love your helium dude :)

Not the same design, so, no reason for take it down :) but similar style??? The shadows are exactly the same, and every detail is in the same position XD

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

Oh geez. I was planning to do a copy of this but instead of He, I will change it to SHe. Totally different execution but color and style copied. :D

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

I meant that he has a similar style of doing designs in general. Took a peek at what he had subbed before. This character in it self is very very similar indeed, but the whole design and the idea in it is different enough. So it is hard line to draw, when is it a copy of the same character and when is it the same general style of drawing. I'd look at this as a close call, a bump, you look each other in the eye and do a size up and walk away. If it comes up again - cloves off

Queeg500

Undoubtedly similar, which is obviously quite flattering but as has been mentioned above, it'd be mighty annoying if it got printed. All in all you've handled it very maturely, Gebe!

BubbleHezza
BubbleHezza profile pic Alumni

Even the split in the shadow is copied.

gabras

Similar designs always happens, gebe...and someone who takes inspiration from another design happens too... Who know your works doesn't mind of this, and I see you've posted a picture of your "Noble gas" on his post, so even who didn't know that, now do! So, that's all man!

No account?