Close
One second...

I need your advice about Butt Magic.

"BUTT MAGIC! (print edition)" IS NOW SCORING AS A T-SHIRT AND A VERY IMPORTANT PIECE OF WALL ART

SCORE AND COMMENT BY TOUCHING THE MOUSE TO THESE BLUE WORDS. OR YOU CAN USE YOUR FINGER IF YOU ARE ON A FUTUREDEVICE!

So, I don't want to explain it, but this is something I made a while back and it's been my profile pic for some time. On one of my submissions, someone said something like "Did you make your profile pic? Because I'd wear that." So, what the hell, might as well submit something that's already a profound statement of artistic perfection. Anyway, the original, very important piece is just a square. It doesn't lend itself to a shirt all that well, I don't think (or maybe it does, you're the experts here.)

I'm looking for input on how to maybe modify Butt Magic to look more at home on a shirt. First is the original, second is one (poor) modification idea.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
taz-pie

oh gosh

oh man

MAKE this work properly on a tshirt and i would buy the shit out of it.

wantuhappy
wantuhappy profile pic Alumni

I feel like you need even less than that. No background and no floor. All the props on the ground and text could stay. They add to the "magic" haha. But other than that, this idea is crudely incredible. hah

hershel

poor bunny.

Perhaps it will help you to have a shirt as background canvas, right from the start and overwork it again. The amount of colors, the panel with black outline and the whole feeling of it now makes it appealing on paper, poster or smth similar.

I would also use "butt magic" as title then and get rid of it in the drawing.

I think you and me can be become good friends.

wantuhappy
wantuhappy profile pic Alumni

Hm I guess you DO need a floor. Just make it subtle, maybe just the vertical lines?

hershel

^ I tried to say this,too, nice input wantuhappy:-)....only vertical lines without extra fills...if its on a sandy, cream or brownish or grey or whatever kind of shirtcolor suits, you will have your floor just with some lines. Just look then at which other oints you could possibly go like that, too.

hershel

oints= points

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

oh gosh

oh man

MAKE this work properly on a tshirt and i would buy the shit out of it.

Was sooooo wondering what your response would be....faux realz.

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

Simplify it and you're set.

This is brilliant.

taz-pie

if you are not so hot on the illustration side, you could always get another artist to collab with. GOSH I LOVE THAT BUNNY THOUGH

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

That bunny has seen things...strange, wonderful things...

taz-pie

^ ME TOO

taz-pie

hi jillian!

[+duracell-]

what a crappy design

your rubiks colors are wrong btw, blue is opposite of green

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the input, all. Taz-pie, I agree the illustration is fairly crummy, but I likes it that way.

Duracell, maybe it's an off-brand cube. I dunno.

Jillian, "Butt Magic" stays for sure.

polarizeme

I think "Butt Magic" and the spotlight should totally stay. Seems weird without the light/spotlight on the ground area.

Also, the flower colours are wrong. The pink is supposed to be opposite the meth.

littlem

omg

magical indeed

merkinspurlock
merkinspurlock profile pic Alumni

I don't know why I'm getting so serious about this design but maybe a lighter, neutral colored shirt? I agree with Tristan, keep the spotlight. It could be just a shade lighter than the shirt? That horizon line doesn't have to go seam to seam.

ah, fuck it. whatever man. butt magic.

FoodStampDavis

Jillian, you're serious about it because it's a serious piece of serious art making a serious statement. It's about... like... politics, or something.

I'll dick about with some other colors. Maybe something yellowish, but I'm afraid the butt will blend it.

I made Butt Magic! several months ago and I think I've now officially spent more time typing about it than actually drawing it.

littlem

i like this color combo the best, so far.

this is pretty choice, though, on a dark gray tee. lol:

littlem

i dig the stage colours and the double spotlight effect on that original piece. just sayin

Twiggyhall

There's a full moon out tonight!

taz-pie

That poor, poor bunny.

taz-pie

This shirt reminds me of all that was great about the "Man Up" shirt.

macdoodle

I like this. I can not lie. You other brothers can't deny.

FoodStampDavis

Today I submitted Butt Magic! as a shirt. These be the buttslides:

I'm also considering submitting it as a wall print (with the original colors,) but I don't even know if such a think is allowed.

Thanks for the input, those that inputted. Thanks for the other stuff, those that otherstuffed.

I'll post if the shirt submission gets accepted.

Twiggyhall

hahahaha oh man...this is all so....beautiful

Twiggyhall
BeanePod said:

Stuff like this is why threadless makes me happy.

Ding!

FoodStampDavis

If Butt Magic! fails here (as it is destined to. I mean, it's Butt Magic, after all) I'll probably throw it up on some other site that prints junk for sale. Anybody have a recommendation for one? I've seen Redbubble stuff before but the print quality was pretty crummy.

taz-pie

has it been approved? i wanna 5$ that mofo

macdoodle

Destined for Threadless stardom I tells ya.

FoodStampDavis

No approval yet, but I just sent it yesterday. Last one took a few days, if I remember correctly.

Taz-pie, you'll be the first to know, ha.

FoodStampDavis

BUTT MAGIC! (print edition) has been up for, like, an hour and it doesn't have a million scores yet. How embarrassing for you guys. "You guys" meaning the general public.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us