Close
One second...

Shredder Thread

Hello everyone.
I wanted to start a thread that showcases art that's been slapped on to the bottom of skateboards. Post up your favorites, and we'll all say "sick board" together!

I'll start this off with the Gonz..
Company: Vision
Pro: Mark Gonzales
Artist: Mark Gonzales
Year: 1987

Gonz Color My Friends

Watch this
BeanePod

I have always loved Gonz and Neil Blender's artwork. Coffee Break from 1986 is one of my all-time faves. I'm old...

littlem

oh, that's by robert gould. love his style

Jaakie201

Always liked some of the Chocolate skateboard series by Even Hecox (?), the chill colors and mellowness of the designs..

Back in 2001:

More recent series:

wearecareful
wearecareful profile pic Staff

Really dig the Zombie Nomz board and it's also one of my fave shirts

Musarter
1 design submitted - Score now!

I always loved the old Powell Designs. The Ripper is a classic:

Anything by Pushead is pretty awesome too:

merkinspurlock
merkinspurlock profile pic Staff

I've been trying to figure out who designed this one for months and still no luck.

sweet n sour

forbidden planet 101 awesomeness

Dan Yingling

My first deck. 1989. Run over when it escaped me while riding it to deliver newspapers. Art: Sean Cliver

Musarter

That's awesome. My first real skateboard deck was this Cab:

And this photo of a McGill deck is just great:

My favorite deck I ever had was a mid-90s McGill deck that had a nose that was bigger than the tail.

robotboot

enter image description here

robotboot

enter image description here

robotboot

balls doubled up

wearecareful
wearecareful profile pic Staff

I thought Vision was the greatest thing ever in the 80's

BeanePod

I'm putting this in here partially because it's rad but also because Scott was one of the best friends I have ever had and we always talked about making the "pro" move which he did. I didn't and there are plenty of times I wish I had gone with him.

melmike

Dan, I got to skate vert with Cab back in 2001, then had a chatted for a while afterwards at a bar. I'm sure he thought I was crazed-fanboy, I had so many questions. Such a chill guy, such a legend. Great decks!

duckett

Currently riding the green one..

Morkki

I don't have anything to contribute but I want that jacket

sleepinghouse

Whoa! Amazing contributions. I will have to find some of my favorites and post them here as well.

uncannyxjen

I found this in a thrift store in Cleveland for $4. Can't go wrong with that price and that artwork.

duckett

Ed Templeton, nuff said.

BeanePod
robotboot said:

I broke my left arm on a vert ramp while riding this board.

Jaakie201

^^ Love Ed Templeton's work, especially those little portrait statues. He's had a expo here a couple times.

My brother had this board (in blue) back in the 80ies, used to downhill the neighborhood on it when I was a little kid..

And this is what I wasted my time on as a teenager, not so interesing graphical wise, but it'll make some good bbq firewood some day...

robotboot
BeanePod said:
robotboot said:

I broke my left arm on a vert ramp while riding this board.

well it is a cool board to break your arm on.

ChrisDB

First time I noticed Michael Sieben's work was on the Volcom Artists' section on their site. His was some of my favourite. I really liked Habitat's graphics.

taz-pie

the skateboards i messed around with as a kid looked something like dis:

_EffinSweet_

oh yeah and chocolate skateboards always make me happy

No account?