Close
One second...

Immaculate Mutant - TMNT Design Challenge

Please vote for my latest design, Immaculate Mutant, now scoring for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles design challenge! I've been a fan of TMNT since I was a kid and couldn't wait to refine my turtle drawing skills for the first time in nearly twenty years!

Any comments/critiques would be much appreciated :)

Watch this
blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

The illustration is done well, keeping consistent with the cartoon designs, however it seems that every Threadless contest has some version of the Vitruvian man.

Wheels03
Wheels03 profile pic Alumni
kuro_te said:

The illustration is done well, keeping consistent with the cartoon designs, however it seems that every Threadless contest has some version of the Vitruvian man.

I have to agree with you on that one. I've already spotted at least three other "Vitruvian Turtle" designs, but it's hard when the concept lends itself so well to the TMNT universe.

I wanted to depict Leonardo as I remember him when I was a child. Growing up with TMNT in the late 80's/early 90's, I would draw the turtles every chance I got. They were my childhood heroes (especially Leonardo), so it only made sense to portray Leo in the same vein of the Italian Renaissance artist of who he's named after.

Sure, it's been done, but not to the extent of resembling the popular 1980's television show... at least, not that I've seen :)

Wheels03

Only 3 days left to vote!

Wheels03

Last day!

No account?
Join Us