Close
One second...

One Crushed Tank - CHECK- Nikoby's HULK WIP blog *UPDATED 4/24/13*

Now I have one crushed tank settled in the ground. Maybe I'll make an animated process gif once this is all said and done.

Rough Sketch:

Feedback is welcome...

Watch this
jamesnotjim

Love the style IMO I don't think you need to add much more just extra details to hulk :)

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni

RicoMambo
RicoMambo profile pic Alumni

looks promising, just i think you must draw a bigger tank

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

The sketch and pose look great. Agree with Rico. Bigger tanks. I'm not sure what's going on with the white background cut-out. I can guess that it's a ruined building, but I don't think you need it. Just have the soldiers attacking from an open area.

nikoby

Thanks guys! Yeah, I was considering making the tanks bigger, now this confirms it.

Kuro, the white background cut-out is going to make the shape of a mushroom cloud (created by the ruined building), I think it will be nice a subtle feature once it is complete. What do you think guys? Should I get rid of it?

blackhand_

It's hard to say anything concrete based on the sketch. It's confusing whether the soldiers are beyond the background building or inside the building. Given that the Hulk is battling tanks, it makes more sense that the battleground is open.

The Hulk and foreground elements are very strong and work well. I think all the background needs is some soldiers and tanks encircling the Hulk with some smoke and rubble to make the Hulk the focal point.

It seems like you have a strong picture of where the design is going, so if you can make it work, go for it.

Here's a quick edit to show what I mean:

nikoby

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do that! It is a good suggestion We'll see what happens when I revisit my sketch this evening.

nikoby

Here is my sketch from tonight, I think I like this version more myself.

nikoby

I also increased the size of the tanks, thanks for the suggestion rico_mambo

blackhand_

Looking forward to see how this turns out. Seems like you have NO problem working with an Intuos.

jamesnotjim

I just think hulk needs more detail like muscle definition!

nikoby

Oh there will be muscle definition Jamesnotjim, THERE WILL BE.

jamesnotjim

Haha im sorry im just impatient :)

BrianPerezer

Like the big biceps haha, I think some smoke trails around the design could add some depth

jamesnotjim

@nikoby hey dude im currently working on a hulk design too and should have a sketch up tomorrow night so have a look if you like :)

wantuhappy
wantuhappy profile pic Alumni

I think the right choice in lighting is going to make this scene amazing. Love it so far. Will be watching this one!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Digging this

ImageMaker

cool drawing, throw an action figure or toy soldier in the air and photograph to capture the motion blur and orientation and apply to the guy flying out of the tank.

check out these images from The Breaker (manhwa)

nikoby

Thanks everyone! I am liking all the suggestions

nikoby
jamesnotjim said:

@nikoby hey dude im currently working on a hulk design too and should have a sketch up tomorrow night so have a look if you like :)

Sure, let me know.

nikoby

Update bump

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

this.....is turning into a thing....an awesome awesome thing

blackhand_

Man, you're a tease. I'm dying to see the finished image. Great stuff so far.

nikoby

update bump

number_six

This is awesome! Loving the inking!

nikoby

Upper Body Torso update bump

nikoby

Crushed tank update bump

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

DO IT sMASH!

number_six

Wow! you inking skills are dope!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Looking Kick-ass!

number_six

Ehy! What about your sub? I so want to give you a 5!! :(

blackhand_

Please tell me that you got this done in time.

nikoby

Sadly, I didn't get to finish this. But with good reason. I got married and went on a week long honeymoon last week. Oh well, I can always finish and sell it on society6 or something. Either that or put someone else in the place of the hulk. Glad you guys like it.

blackhand_

Congratulations, man. You could have had a print, too, if you were able to finish this on time.

No account?
Join Us