Anyone that's ever done graphic design commission work should understand my pain right now.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my life.

The translation: "They need a white line in the middle to make it pop and he said he likes bubble letters that are lower case but you are so close."

Watch this
blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

What's the problem? Just make it pop. And add a lens flare.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

Hobo FTW.....maybe even in italics!

I created a 3D puzzle that was used as a background element in an ad for a company I used to work for and my boss asked "can you just take the puzzle apart?"

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Ugh. Nightmares. I used to work for a yearbook company and whenever the schools would complain about the font I would use Hobo and they always loved it. I died a little inside whenever that happened.

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Ugh. Nightmares. I used to work for a yearbook company and whenever the schools would complain about the font I would use Hobo and they always loved it. I died a little inside whenever that happened.

Oh god you've reminded me of my horrible weeks and weeks of working on my high school yearbook.

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

when i was working in vfx we had a client we were doing a jet fighter thingy for mega film - this guy came to sessions every week and said "make it blacker and shinier" until about the 6th week then he walked in and said "why is it so black and shiny"?

taz-pie

make it friendly

make it pop

make it accessible

make it fun

fuck off and die, client.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

My favorite is,"It looks pretty good right now, could use something more. . . play with it and show me what you come up with later."

I always want to say,"I don't like to play with myself, if I can help it."

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

It sucks when you make something look so nice and then they start making changes.

Jordan_Bender

The worst one that I've come across in my travels. Someone sends me a blurry, webcam, partial face shot of themselves and ask me to draw it CLEARLY in my instructions I tell them what sort of picture I need in order to draw a decent portrait. On top of ALL that, all I hear is:

"Can you make me look thinner? I look fat." "Can you change my face so that I'm smiling?"

Jordan_Bender
Musarter said:

My favorite is,"It looks pretty good right now, could use something more. . . play with it and show me what you come up with later."

I'd be like, "I don't think you'd want to see what I came up with after playing with it."

No account?
Join Us