Close
One second...

Adobe Illustrator

Hello folks,
Just honing my skills on Adobe Illustrator. Wondering if any of you guys have an effect or a tip/trick that you use all the time with awesome results?

Best of luck getting printed!
Chris

Watch this
hershel

I use a lot of coffee. And fudge,too.Makes everything awesome.

zipzappop_artist

LOL LOL. I'll have to give that a shot!

mechanicalrobotpower

I'm anti-effects. ..you will always get a better result, rendering things by hand. ..for one you have far more control.

As for getting awesome results.. unfortunately, there's only one way, ..practice.

zipzappop_artist

haha! So @mechanicalrobotpower, you start by hand, then do you scan it into photoshop to get it going after that? I kind of do a little of both, sometimes I do illustrator only illustrations and sometimes I draw it then scan it in to illustrator. I do agree that it seems like you get a more composed illustration when you start by hand. Atleast for me...

zipzappop_artist

But I think i'm going to try the fudge technique too LOL

Trustone

how are you liking illustrator? I am currently using corel painter 12

Wolfgang8885

All the ones I have done, I hand draw first, just like a rough sketch. After that I scan it into illustrator and work from there with layers.

zipzappop_artist

I really like illustrator. For some reason I find it easier to use than Photoshop...But you miss out on some of the effects that you get with Photoshop. I think I tried Corel Painter once but I'm just a big fan of the Adobe interfaces. Most of them are very similar with alot of the same tools so if you learn 1, you are essentially learning the basics to all of them. Which is pretty cool.

I'm starting to hand draw more. I find that I get a better look to it and the composition is better. I'm going to keep honing my sketching skills too.

No account?