Close
One second...

i am eating this right now

what are you eating right now

Watch this
moosabman
moosabman profile pic Alumni

no you're not because it doesn't exist. God wouldn't have allowed it to exist.

sweet n sour
sweet n sour profile pic Alumni

flapjacks

I love flapjacks

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Flapjacks, brilliant. Bloody love them. The chilli bacon jam is brilliant, made burgers and dolloped it on. Smokey, sweet and herby. Could just do a flapjack now. Yummage,

moosabman
moosabman profile pic Alumni

where do they sell that Quick-brown-fox???

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

nothing :|

sweet n sour
sweet n sour profile pic Alumni

I'd give you one of my flapjacks if I could dude, but I can't so I will just have to eat them all myself :)

chilli bacon jam sounds good, is it very sweet?

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Wait, wait, wait, what the hell are flapjacks in the UK? Those look like...granola brownies or something.

In America, "flapjacks" are another word for pancakes.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

EAT 17 bacon sell it but when you go to purchase it online it takes you to Amazon.

Man it looks amazing, i MUST have some with a big fat juicy lamb burger!!!!

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

http://www.bacon-jam.co.uk It's not too sweet, only as sweet as bbq sauce. It's weird, but nice. It must have sage in it because it tastes a bit like stuffing.

mip1980

oh my god i am salivating right now!! I work in London, i must find this place

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

This is what it looks like.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

nutella cake

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

^ love. I made a nutella cheesecake one time.

250 grams digestive biscuits 75 grams soft unsalted butter 1 x 400 grams jar nutella (at room temperature) 100 grams chopped toasted hazelnuts 500 grams cream cheese (at room temperature) 60 grams icing sugar (sifted)

Method

Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the butter and a 15ml tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add 25g/3 tablespoons of the hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture. Tip into a 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill. Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined. Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.

Twiggyhall

I had a beer at the soccer match about 15 mins ago

I also have the same flapjack confusion as DeeAnn

Twiggyhall

Also, also Nutella is amazing

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
quick-brown-fox said:

^ love. I made a nutella cheesecake one time.

250 grams digestive biscuits 75 grams soft unsalted butter 1 x 400 grams jar nutella (at room temperature) 100 grams chopped toasted hazelnuts 500 grams cream cheese (at room temperature) 60 grams icing sugar (sifted)

Method

Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the butter and a 15ml tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add 25g/3 tablespoons of the hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture. Tip into a 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill. Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined. Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.

You are a chef dude :)

mip1980

A flap Jack here in Blighty is an oat,syrup and butter baked treat. for those that don't know mmmmmmmmmmmm flapjack

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I had a kebab the size of a baby

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -
  • Ingredients:

4 ½ oz/ 6 tbsp Golden Syrup or corn syrup 2 sticks/200g unsalted butter 12 oz/330g porridge oats Preparation:

• Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4
  • Butter a 9"x 13"/23cm x 33cm Swiss roll tin and line the base with baking parchment.
  • Place the syrup and butter into a large saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted into the syrup and stir well. Make sure you add all the golden syrup, sometimes it is hard to get it exact and more is always better than less if you want your flapjack gooey but not falling apart.
  • Put the oats into a roomy baking bowl, add a pinch of salt then pour over the butter and syrup mixture and stir to coat the oats.
  • Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly to fill the tin making sure the surface is even.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven while the flapjack is still slightly soft, they will harden once cool. Place the tin on a wire cooling rack and cut the flapjack into squares and leave in the tin until completely cold.

My faves are the ones that cook a bit too much near the edge!

mip1980

Quick Brown Fox aka Delia Smith should release a Threadless cookbook

I would buy it

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

:) just googlin'

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

But our American buddies are too nice not to have our flapjacks. One of life's best comfort foods.

Twiggyhall

Nom...I get a healthy-ish version of that at the juice bar by my work :)

mip1980

fo shizzle, especially golden syrup flapjacks :-)

No account?
Join Us