Santo76
Santo76 profile pic Alumni

What do you think? Looks good?

Santo76

thanks Rico, any other opinion?

Santo76

My other option was to create a scene with it, where an operator would be surprised looking at the radar screen... but I´m not sure if it woud be better or too much...

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

I like how option A makes you do a double-take, but option B would probably do better because of the instant recognition factor. It's also more dramatic because it suggests an overwhelming, surprise invasion rather than just a few random aliens.

Santo76

Thanks Eric... I kinda have the exact same feeling... I like the more subtle version in matters of composition, but I guess the second is more effective.

Santo76

thanks! well... I think I´ll go with B

jamesnotjim

Maybe take a few invaders out of option b to make it more random and put in the spaceship that shoots them other than that I think this will really work as a tee!

Santo76

thanks for all your feedback! all your comments sound good and I'm applying them. I did this new version, wich I think is really improved, applying your comments. Made sure the faded line is ahead all of them, loosed some invaders to make it less crowded and made them look more like in an attack group. And also added the alternate characrer's positions to add variety.

what do you think... good to go?

jamesnotjim

Yeah I really like this!!

davidng5

This looks really good! I agree with your newest design layout vs option b. This way the pun is still displayed without being so obvious that it distracts from the actual scanning.

Looks great! Future 5 :D

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Great concept and execution. I'd consider adding scan lines or an interlaced effect to give it more of a retro technology feel.

mreisel
mreisel profile pic Alumni

I like the revised option B. Great work!

Santo76

it won´t happen... design was rejected because invaders copyright owners requested threadless not to publish any more designs using their characters :(

jamesnotjim

Ahh what that's a shame!

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

That sucks man!! They don't screw around with their space invaders. I had some space invader decals for sale once on my etsy site and got a rather threatening email saying to take them down.

No account?
Join Us