Close
One second...

Personal Freedom and A Passion For The Future

note: this is not about quitting threadless, I dig it here

Have you ever joined something with amazing potential, only to see it wasted and fall apart- to become a perverse, or impotent version of its original or potential self?

Have you ever joined a group or a cause or some kind of organization, and even though the group became something you didn't care for, you stuck around hoping that eventually it would work itself out?

I did. And now, I quit! I will tell you something else, I feel wonderful about it. It may someday be something great, but you know what? So can so many other things, so many new things. So many things that didn't already let me down.

I realized recently, with a lot of luck and a little success, that I could finally move forward in life, assured that I was on the right path, ready to make some awesome (in my opinion) art, and to do so without the pretension of those that would for one reason or another, work against that.

So here's to all you aspiring artists, to all you professional illustrators, and to everyone in between and the few geniuses working outside the box. Good luck and don't ever let anyone tell you what you are or aren't, what you can or can't be.

Watch this
fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

These are great words. ..Words to live by.

fightstacy

...also, ..see you around sometime?

StevenLefcourt

Shapnks, glad you agree. How are you today?

StevenLefcourt
mechanicalrobotpower said:

...also, ..see you around sometime?

Hmmm?

fightstacy
StevenLefcourt said:

Shapnks, glad you agree. How are you today?

Quite bored actually, ..at work, rendering.

StevenLefcourt

What did you mean by see you around sometime? Forgive me

StevenLefcourt

Also, what are you rendering?

fightstacy
StevenLefcourt said:

What did you mean by see you around sometime? Forgive me

It sounded like you were quitting Threadless. ..I was just confirming.

fightstacy
StevenLefcourt said:

Also, what are you rendering?

SO MANY STUPID ICE CREAM TUBS.

StevenLefcourt

Oh, no I'm not quitting Threadless at all. It was another thing.

StevenLefcourt

What's that for if you don't mind me asking? I ruv ice cream.

fightstacy
StevenLefcourt said:

What's that for if you don't mind me asking? I ruv ice cream.

I'm currently doing a job for Wall's Ice Cream, ..it's a huuuge pain in the b. It's basically a bunch of fairytale characters sculpted out of candy and ice cream, ..and then videos on how to build them yourself.

It sounds fun, ..but the Agency we're going through is making it a nightmare, A NIGHTMARE!!

fightstacy

always.

StevenLefcourt

I always work directly with clients. I've never had an agent or worked through agencies, but there will always be a disconnect between how artists want to approach a project and how business persons will.

fightstacy

yeap, absolutely.. when I can, I'm breaking away from these agencies.

StevenLefcourt

now that I'm out in hollywood, I'm thinking of getting an agent, but im not sure I want the hassle and interference

hershel

nice read.

I think I love you now.

(that genderless, harmless kind of love...still nice, though)

StevenLefcourt

I prefer cash, but i'll take genderless love

squintygirl

Considering all the setbacks you've had in the past, particularly with your health, it's nice to see you moving on and being happier.

StevenLefcourt

thanks! Its surreal thinking back on the last couple years...that all that pain is in the past amazes me...almost like it didnt happen

No account?
Join Us