Close
One second...

I haven't been around here much lately. Here's what I've been working on.

Hi, friends.

This is a little scary, since I know the community here can change so quickly, and it's been quite a while since I've been active here—but this is still "art home" for me, and I want to share this.

I have panic disorder. It's scary. I draw about it. This is my story.

There's more. These images are all from last fall, but I've been drawing ever since then. I've recently started scanning and posting the early pages—there's quite a backlog.

I guess—it's a little silly, and a little "HEY PAY ATTENTION TO ME I WANT ATTENTION"-Y, but... I want to share. And this is a community where (despite my extended absence) I feel safe sharing.

So, hi. How's it all doing, anyway?

(Oh gosh please be nice.)

Watch this
fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

It's going ok, these are wonderful.

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

I've been following this so hard on tumblr!

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
5eth said:

I've been following this so hard on tumblr!

I am now!

mismonaut
mismonaut profile pic Alumni

<3

endoxo

cool, tumblr links?

NomadSlim
NomadSlim profile pic Alumni

Those are really great, and not silly at all. Don't listen to anyone who says they are, including yourself :) There's a lot of people out there who can relate to one degree or another.

mismonaut

Tumblr!

P.S. NomadSlim do more existential socks please.

endoxo

Ok, i cant open the tumblr blog again. that's the weirdest thing in the morning

HopeWish

Awesome!-Not that your panic attacks, but your illustrations are great. :) I can relate.

NomadSlim
NomadSlim profile pic Alumni
mismonaut said:

P.S. NomadSlim do more existential socks please.

Oh, well thanks :) I am glad to know someone was reading them. I think the sock is retired, but the sentiment is still in me so I might find a new way to express it.

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I like your nose (the cartoon rendition). I'm being cheeky, but thanks for sharing something so personal. I really like art with this kind of honest and vulnerability, like the graphic novel "Blankets."

Twiggyhall

Hi there & welcome back :)

This is awesome! Panic attacks are major assholes. I luckily don't get them very often, but when they do hit, it's a scary feeling. Do not like.

mismonaut
kuro_te said:

I like your nose (the cartoon rendition). I'm being cheeky, but thanks for sharing something so personal. I really like art with this kind of honest and vulnerability, like the graphic novel "Blankets."

It is a pretty great nose. My real one is okay, too.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Followed you on tumblr! This is really great and very insightful. It's hard to put yourself it other peoples' shoes sometimes and to comprehend what they are dealing with.

mismonaut

Tiffany, I didn't realise who you were, but I am already in love with your tumblr. (I also go by foundbysara, if you are confused about where that creepy-friendly ask just came from.)

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
mismonaut said:

Tiffany, I didn't realise who you were, but I am already in love with your tumblr. (I also go by foundbysara, if you are confused about where that creepy-friendly ask just came from.)

:-D I saw the avatar and knew it was you! Creepin' reciprocated!

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
7 designs submitted - Score now!

Wow, that takes a lot of strength to put yourself so honestly out there like that...thanks.

Hi, I'm Perry btw, we don't know each other but I just wanted to say how awesome this is. Thanks for sharing :)

nintechno
nintechno profile pic Alumni

This is really awesome...very inspiring!

littlem

hey! these are great and also a wonderful way of expressing yourself. it's awesome for me to get a little perception on knowing how you're feeling when you're going through an episode. because someone like me would want to be a helpful, caring person, too. and even if i can't really help you physically, it's good to know that you would appreciate my attempts. :P

wearecareful
wearecareful profile pic Staff

This is great! I suffer from a panic disorder as well but have managed over time to find ways to deal with it. It's rad to see you doing so in such a constructive way.

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

HELLO MISMONAUT! I remember you. Thank you for sharing these because they are beautiful and lovely.

taz-pie

you rock

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Heyyyy!

I have been reading these at your Tumblr actually. They really are great! Super kudos to you for not only dealing with the stuff you're going through in such way but also for having the courage to show such personal stuff to the world. It's eye-opening.

mismonaut

Man. Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

No account?
Join Us