Close
One second...

Giraffarine

Please Help!!! I'm looking for some input on this design. Specifically I need ideas on how to best
illustrate the water and how to create a better sense of unity within the design. Please let me know what you think of my overall concept and execution! Thanks bunches!

Watch this
Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Probably don't want to hear this but putting the design on a blue shirt and adding white highlights in the waves/splashes would be the best way to achieve a water affect. The yellow background could maybe work in a sunset scene but that would be more difficult.

PyroInsomniac

I like the concept. Currently it looks like its cutting through ice. I think if you make the submarine's wake more wavy/curved it will look more like water.

justBryant

Thanks so much for the input! The idea of a sunset hadn't crossed my mind so I think I'll try that. Might help with my unity problem. And I definitely agree with the comment about the ice. Expect an update soon.

HopeWish

I agree with the above comments, but I don't get the concept. I feel like the submarine part needs better detail because right not it looks too stiff. Try to add more detail to it; like nailed patches of metal.

justBryant

The general concept is that the giraffe is the periscope of the submarine. I agree with your comment about the detailing of the sub. I'll try adding some rivets or other parts to the metal. Thanks!

HopeWish

Oh, duh. I see that. No problem!

lifeform987
lifeform987 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I think the neck of the giraffe looks big than the top deck of the sub, you can add some white and light blue/blue colors on the water. Design looks clean, i really like how you draw the giraffe.

mr deps

i might be missing the point entirely but i think it'd look cooler (it's already pretty cool) if the sub & the giraffe were more mashed up, few more organic bits on the sub, more mech bits on the giraffe etc

No account?