Close
One second...

Final score of 3.47 on Pool Party = Community Collaboration 2013


The Pool Party design has now come to an end with the final score of 3.47!


It was a lot of fun to organize such a successful design. It couldn't have been done without all of the great people listed below!


Participants/Characters:


The participants listed below met the deadline and are credited with contributing to the design.


1.TheInfamousBaka/fishtail head 2.Theo86/squid on chair 3.mechanicalrobotpower/sea horse 4.nickv47/merman 5.Robo Rat/seahorse 6.pijaczaj/viking 7.Morkki/jellyfish 8.Musarter/jesus lizard + bizarro pirate 9.hilaryleung/pixel kid in floatie 10.campkatie/cannonball doing a cannonball 11.Goto75/bat kid 12.laurxy/killer whale 13.BlancaJP/octopus with floaties + props 14.P0ckets/narwhal bbqing shrimp 15.Pyroinsomniac/creature from the black lagoon 16.palitosci/mustache guy 17.Akaka/deep sea diver eating ice cream 18.lunchboxbrain/Perry 19.bortwein/scenery + props 20.Elma e Francis/pirate on chair 21.AlanBao/ninja 22.ahmad ifan rofiyandi/kid playing ukulele 23.David Rui/jaguar shark 24.halfgotten/squiddo 25.nyenyerejunior/bananas on the Hoff 26.digsy/shark with floaties 27.v.calahan/lantern fish with floatie 28.kmg334/penguin on ice 29.leliela/inverted mermaid on a floating pool chair 30.nikoby/sailor Willie 31.Mantichore/fish family 32.gaunty/upside down duck 33.SteveOramA/Jake


UPDATED 5/5/13

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
EZFL

im just suggesting themes that would be fun and have lots of flexibility:

POOL PARTY SUMMER CAMP

EZFL

summer camp was supposed to be on another line

SteveOramA
xiv said:

im just suggesting themes that would be fun and have lots of flexibility:

POOL PARTY
SUMMER CAMP

yes, exactly. and are you signing up?

TheInfamousBaka

There was a wrestling collab a while back, too.

We could do an underwater theme and make up sea creatures.

I'm in!

Theo86

I want to sign up for this. :-D

SteveOramA
TheInfamousBaka said:

There was a wrestling collab a while back, too.

We could do an underwater theme and make up sea creatures.

I'm in!

Oh yeah! I forgot. Could you post a link or a photo so I can add it above.

Underwater theme / sea creatures sounds cool too!

mechanicalrobotpower
1 design submitted - Score now!

I love the Summer camp idea, and the underwater creatures thing.

Another idea (though this is probably quite limiting) 80's Aspen ski resort

evyc

I want in on this :)

evyc

I like the underwater theme, but all of them sound fun!

pyr4lis

I'd like to sign up too

EZFL

yes, exactly. and are you signing up?

No. I'm not good at illustrating this type of stuff. Wanted to make some suggestions though.

nickv47

I'm in.

Robo Rat

Underwater Theme, count me in.

TheInfamousBaka said:

There was a wrestling collab a while back, too.

We could do an underwater theme and make up sea creatures.

I'm in!

ChrisDB

Meeeeeeeeeeee! I wanna get in on this por favor!

pijaczaj

Wish to join. And Underwater Sea Creatures has my vote.

Goldendust

I think underwater could be quite fun. I'm considering joining in :)

Morkki

Sure, I'll do it

kimkong1014
8 designs submitted - Score now!

I want to try, will be my first collab ever here. :-) count me in!

kimkong1014
8 designs submitted - Score now!

And Yes! Underwater creature for me too!

Musarter
1 design submitted - Score now!

The Wrestling one was so much fun. Count me in.

phowelldesign

I would love to take part!!!!

hilaryleung

Sign me up please!

hilaryleung

Theme Suggestions

Heroes and Villains Battling (50% of us draw heroes and 50% draw villains) Birds (a tree full of different birds)

TheInfamousBaka
hilaryleung said:

Theme Suggestions

Heroes and Villains Battling (50% of us draw heroes and 50% draw villains) Birds (a tree full of different birds)

Birds would be a lot of fun!

SteveOramA

Good morning everyone! It looks like we're leaning towards the underwater sea creatures theme as of right now. More suggestions are still encouraged.

The post has been updated with everything above this comment.

SteveOramA
TheInfamousBaka said:
hilaryleung said:

Theme Suggestions

Heroes and Villains Battling (50% of us draw heroes and 50% draw villains) Birds (a tree full of different birds)

Birds would be a lot of fun!

Birds would be fun but Teefury has already exhausted this idea with their bird collab shirts. We need something new and unique so keep the ideas coming!

Musarter
1 design submitted - Score now!

Idea: Space Battle We could draw aliens or people or small ships or robots or whatever. Could be black and white which is cool too.

Goto75

Community Collabs are great! Sign me up!

laurxy

I want to sign to sign up for this!

hotaruseaspell

I would love to be a part of this. Sign me up!

ISABOA

how about a community designed shirt that is all about shitty fonts, strokes and dropshadows?

you can call it "the comic impact of papyrus sans"

EZFL

Even though i'm not participating in drawing this stuff... I have more in-depth ideas for the pool party and camp theme. Maybe this will help people decide.

These types of collabs always seem to much like a free-for-all. Very little restriction and not much organization. If there was more organization from the start, I think the final piece would be much stronger and may have a better chance of being picked up for print. I always invision these things being illustrated like those awesome where's waldo books.

POOL PARTY Center piece would be a huge public pool (obviously) with diving board, stairs in the shallow end and a side ladder in the deep end. Numbers on the side tile (marking water depth).

Some possible things people could sign up to draw (How far they take the picked person/event is up to them): 1. Lifeguard sitting in their fancy chair way above ground height. 2. Little kids playing in the water 3. super-serious swimmer (that guy with the swim cap and goggles) 4. A couple bro's grilling up some food, maybe even a keg stand 5. hot chicks sitting on lounge chairs 6. sleazy/creepy pool maintenance guy 7. 2 kids chasing each other with squirt guns 8. kid with shark fin attached to head 9. fat guy on diving board or jumping into pool (EPIC CANNON BALL) 10. senior citizens (speedo, glasses, saggy chest, hair in curlers, super tan, etc.) 11. bottle-blond sitting in floating pool chair 12. and so on...

_ _

CAMP Center piece would be a lodge and/or dorm up against a lake's/river's edge

Possible events -

  1. people in canoes
  2. archery
  3. fat kid jumping onto THE BLOB
  4. lounging in sun
  5. building sand castle
  6. fishing
  7. water balloon fight
  8. go cart
  9. chicken fight (i think thats what its called… one person sits on the other's shoulders when 1. in the water)
  10. cooking food on the grill
  11. kids eating at picnic table
  12. and so on...
EZFL

^well that didnt post right.

P0ckets

I'm in! Up for underwater or space - I like the idea of keeping a fairly limited colour palette if possible.

SteveOramA
ISABOA said:

how about a community designed shirt that is all about shitty fonts, strokes and dropshadows?

you can call it "the comic impact of papyrus sans"

Ha! I'm glad you noticed. It's supposed to be a joke. The header is a placeholder and I'll be creating a real one once the theme is decided. There will also be an icon for people to place on their profile page to link to the submitted design.

Also, I just sent you an email, Joe.

ISABOA

sign me up

PyroInsomniac

space battle sounds fun, I wanna sign up!

SteveOramA
xiv said:

Even though i'm not participating in drawing this stuff... I have more in-depth ideas for the pool party and camp theme. Maybe this will help people decide.

These types of collabs always seem to much like a free-for-all. Very little restriction and not much organization. If there was more organization from the start, I think the final piece would be much stronger and may have a better chance of being picked up for print. I always invision these things being illustrated like those awesome where's waldo books.

POOL PARTY Center piece would be a huge public pool (obviously) with diving board, stairs in the shallow end and a side ladder in the deep end. Numbers on the side tile (marking water depth).

Some possible things people could sign up to draw (How far they take the picked person/event is up to them): 1. Lifeguard sitting in their fancy chair way above ground height. 2. Little kids playing in the water 3. super-serious swimmer (that guy with the swim cap and goggles) 4. A couple bro's grilling up some food, maybe even a keg stand 5. hot chicks sitting on lounge chairs 6. sleazy/creepy pool maintenance guy 7. 2 kids chasing each other with squirt guns 8. kid with shark fin attached to head 9. fat guy on diving board or jumping into pool (EPIC CANNON BALL) 10. senior citizens (speedo, glasses, saggy chest, hair in curlers, super tan, etc.) 11. bottle-blond sitting in floating pool chair 12. and so on...

_ _

CAMP Center piece would be a lodge and/or dorm up against a lake's/river's edge

Possible events -

  1. people in canoes
  2. archery
  3. fat kid jumping onto THE BLOB
  4. lounging in sun
  5. building sand castle
  6. fishing
  7. water balloon fight
  8. go cart
  9. chicken fight (i think thats what its called… one person sits on the other's shoulders when 1. in the water)
  10. cooking food on the grill
  11. kids eating at picnic table
  12. and so on...

Awesome concept developments, Eric! I get where you're coming from with your initial thoughts. I feel the same way in some regards. I'm sure it's tough to get everyone on the same page in terms of characterizations and interactions between them. We can make it work if we present it correctly. I would like to develop a stronger overall layout that includes a background and more of a concept. This is the direction it should take to be visually appealing and have a chance.

You have expressed great ideas and I feel like we could develop the pool party concept first (complete with creatures in the pool so we incorporate that idea as well). The summer camp scene is definitely another idea to look at after the first one is completed (if people are up for it).

Comments or suggestions from others on this?

PyroInsomniac

For the summer camp theme I envision something like Moonrise Kingdom where all the innocent camp activities are actually borderline paramilitary.

I don't have a clear image of how exactly this could be done, but if we could get crazy paramilitary training and happy campy kids into some coherent design I think it would be kinda cool.

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
1 design submitted - Score now!

sounds awesome! count me in

artbytara

I want in! Sign me up!

SteveOramA

We are now half way through the 50 signups!

Promote this thread on your social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, blog, etc.) to get your friends and fellow designers involved.

Morkki

I think Sea Creatures is the best so far

SteveOramA
Morkki said:

I think Sea Creatures is the best so far

How about sea creatures with an underwater scene complete with sand bottom, reef, algae/seaweed, shells, sunken treasure/ship, bubbles, etc.???

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
No account?