Final score of 3.47 on Pool Party = Community Collaboration 2013

The Pool Party design has now come to an end with the final score of 3.47!

It was a lot of fun to organize such a successful design. It couldn't have been done without all of the great people listed below!

Participants/Characters:

The participants listed below met the deadline and are credited with contributing to the design.

1.TheInfamousBaka/fishtail head 2.Theo86/squid on chair 3.mechanicalrobotpower/sea horse 4.nickv47/merman 5.Robo Rat/seahorse 6.pijaczaj/viking 7.Morkki/jellyfish 8.Musarter/jesus lizard + bizarro pirate 9.hilaryleung/pixel kid in floatie 10.campkatie/cannonball doing a cannonball 11.Goto75/bat kid 12.laurxy/killer whale 13.BlancaJP/octopus with floaties + props 14.P0ckets/narwhal bbqing shrimp 15.Pyroinsomniac/creature from the black lagoon 16.palitosci/mustache guy 17.Akaka/deep sea diver eating ice cream 18.lunchboxbrain/Perry 19.bortwein/scenery + props 20.Elma e Francis/pirate on chair 21.AlanBao/ninja 22.ahmad ifan rofiyandi/kid playing ukulele 23.David Rui/jaguar shark 24.halfgotten/squiddo 25.nyenyerejunior/bananas on the Hoff 26.digsy/shark with floaties 27.v.calahan/lantern fish with floatie 28.kmg334/penguin on ice 29.leliela/inverted mermaid on a floating pool chair 30.nikoby/sailor Willie 31.Mantichore/fish family 32.gaunty/upside down duck 33.SteveOramA/Jake

UPDATED 5/5/13

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
Goldendust

Hey, I signed up for this! Guess I better make something...

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Done this, what ya think? Good enough? With or without outlining? I like it better without but not sure…

PyroInsomniac

Comments? Suggestions? Otherwise I'll email this soon!

PyroInsomniac

Thanks v.calahan. I'll do that. I like your better without the outline, though the outline does make it look a little crisper.

PyroInsomniac

*yours....damn I suck at typing.

v_calahan

Thx dude, yep, I also think it looks better without the lines, so I guess I'll go that way! :)

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

Yours looks great v.calahan, if some of us do our charcters with outlines and some don't won't the whole design be kinda off putting? Like we should all agree to do our characters with or without black outlines.

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni

Yeah, all designs/characters should definitely utilize the last color in the palette as the linework/outlines. I should be able to turn on/off the linework layer (if needed) so keep that in mind.

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

Steve, You know how in most Waldo scenes there are a few characters that look like they are dressed like Waldo but they are not him? Well, I want to make one of those but I would need your help to know how you plan to dress Jake. Colors/Pattern kind of idea.

Is that ok?

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
bortwein said:

Steve, You know how in most Waldo scenes there are a few characters that look like they are dressed like Waldo but they are not him? Well, I want to make one of those but I would need your help to know how you plan to dress Jake. Colors/Pattern kind of idea.

Is that ok?

I was considering this too. Thanks for asking.

SteveOramA
Musarter said:
bortwein said:

Is that ok?

I was considering this too. Thanks for asking.

This is for both of you: Yeah, I was thinking about doing this myself and/or enlisting the help of some of you guys soon. I've received two characters from people through email so far. I wanted to wait until I got some more before I started to work on the general layout of the design. Once that is going in somewhat of a direction I was going to fill in areas that needed random characters.

With that being said it would be great if you two (and anyone else that wanted to) would be willing to help out. I was thinking of sort of using the image of Jake that I mocked-up for the header at the top of this page as a basis for his character that will be on the shirt. I think using the blue (from the shirt color) and white stripes as seen above instead of the red and white from Waldo will make it a little different for the clothing/costume. If you both want to send an email to communitycollab2013@gmail.com I will reply back with what I have sketched out so far and then we can go from there. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

hotaruseaspell

For my design I was trying to come up with a few different ideas:

1. Two Saltwater fish looking disappointed at a sign that says Freshwater Pool (or the opposite way as well since it seems most people are doing saltwater creatures)

2. Two girls in bikini's looking completely out of place in the scene.

3. A whale doing a cannonball into the pool with a couple of panicked looking bystanders.

SteveOramA
v.calahan said:

Done this, what ya think? Good enough? With or without outlining? I like it better without but not sure…

Looks great! Send it in with outlines being the darkest color in the palette.

PyroInsomniac said:

Comments? Suggestions? Otherwise I'll email this soon!

Looks great as well! Send it in with outlines being the darkest color in the palette.

Theo86 said:

I sent in my character, let me know if you got it and looks ok.

Checking the email now and will reply to you through there.

hotaruseaspell said:
  1. Two Saltwater fish looking disappointed at a sign that says Freshwater Pool (or the opposite way as well since it seems most people are doing saltwater creatures)

This idea could be fun. The sign could read SALTWATER POOL and the two freshwater fish could be looking confused seeing how most pools are freshwater (with chlorine of course).

Goto75
Goto75 profile pic Alumni

Just made this guy - ready to jump in water:

Let me know if he is ok and I will send him in.

Musarter
nikoby said:

Sad I missed the sign up for this one...

You could be an alternate, which means your art would most certainly make an appearance.

v_calahan

Haha Goto! Love it! @Steve, ok, will mail it that way tonight. Cheers! Cnat' wait to see all the others! :)

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni
Musarter said:

You could be an alternate, which means your art would most certainly make an appearance.

That would be cool, SteveORama, can you set me as an alternate?

Thanks!

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni
palitosci said:

AMAZING

Goto75 said:

AWWWW YEAH.

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

just a thought: the halftones aren't needed because your little dude will be so tiny that they'll all just blend together. just a thought. might want to make him "to scale" and reapply your halftones, or just lose em.

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

Need help. When putting colors on each layer, may I know the order of each color? Is it light 1st then dark. Thanks.

Goldendust

Okay, I'm gonna have to skip out on this one :( I'm going to be out of the country and away from my computer the week this is due. Sorry dudes!

SteveOramA
Goto75 said:

Yeah, no need for the half tones. Send it on in!

nikoby said:
Musarter said:

That would be cool, SteveORama, can you set me as an alternate?

Thanks!

Sure thing! You are now an alternate.

Robo Rat said:

Need help. When putting colors on each layer, may I know the order of each color? Is it light 1st then dark. Thanks.

Yes, you are correct, sir.

heykimby said:

Okay, I'm gonna have to skip out on this one :( I'm going to be out of the country and away from my computer the week this is due. Sorry dudes!

No problem. Sndrblzd, you have now jumped into her spot!

Musarter

Got a couple up:

Jesus Lizard

and Pool Pirate

Got your email late Steve. I guess we could always use more stripes to throw the eye off.

leliela

I made my inverted mermaid! What are your thoughts?

Yes? No? any changes?

SteveOramA

These are all great! Send them to the email address above so I can add them to the preview!

ChrisDB

messin with some ideas, maybe later today I'll finalise my character.

Great work btw everyone!

leliela

And I just sent mine too!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
No account?