Close
One second...

Final score of 3.47 on Pool Party = Community Collaboration 2013

The Pool Party design has now come to an end with the final score of 3.47!

It was a lot of fun to organize such a successful design. It couldn't have been done without all of the great people listed below!

Participants/Characters:

The participants listed below met the deadline and are credited with contributing to the design.

1.TheInfamousBaka/fishtail head 2.Theo86/squid on chair 3.mechanicalrobotpower/sea horse 4.nickv47/merman 5.Robo Rat/seahorse 6.pijaczaj/viking 7.Morkki/jellyfish 8.Musarter/jesus lizard + bizarro pirate 9.hilaryleung/pixel kid in floatie 10.campkatie/cannonball doing a cannonball 11.Goto75/bat kid 12.laurxy/killer whale 13.BlancaJP/octopus with floaties + props 14.P0ckets/narwhal bbqing shrimp 15.Pyroinsomniac/creature from the black lagoon 16.palitosci/mustache guy 17.Akaka/deep sea diver eating ice cream 18.lunchboxbrain/Perry 19.bortwein/scenery + props 20.Elma e Francis/pirate on chair 21.AlanBao/ninja 22.ahmad ifan rofiyandi/kid playing ukulele 23.David Rui/jaguar shark 24.halfgotten/squiddo 25.nyenyerejunior/bananas on the Hoff 26.digsy/shark with floaties 27.v.calahan/lantern fish with floatie 28.kmg334/penguin on ice 29.leliela/inverted mermaid on a floating pool chair 30.nikoby/sailor Willie 31.Mantichore/fish family 32.gaunty/upside down duck 33.SteveOramA/Jake

UPDATED 5/5/13

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
BlancaJP
1 design submitted - Score now!

(ROFL) and I'll have the kuler theme up later today for any one interested

hilaryleung
BlancaJP said:

hilaryleung - cute, but I feel like the pixel art thing wouldn't work with this collab work.

I don't mind changing this, but why wouldn't pixel art fit into this design? There will be 50 unique styles included. Sorry, I'm just trying to understand :)

BlancaJP
hilaryleung said:
BlancaJP said:

hilaryleung - cute, but I feel like the pixel art thing wouldn't work with this collab work.

I don't mind changing this, but why wouldn't pixel art fit into this design? There will be 50 unique styles included. Sorry, I'm just trying to understand :)

I was just thinking that it would look more cohesive with everyone doing about the same level of detail like the one that got printed http://www.threadless.com/product/1577/Monster_Mash_Collaboration_of_HORROR

DavidZole

The life aquatic's Jaguar shark is mine

BlancaJP

dang it the darkest color is missing - it's hex 192b2f

PyroInsomniac
BlancaJP said:

dang it the darkest color is missing - it's hex 192b2f

haha... thanks Blanca!

PyroInsomniac

actually, did you replace the original white with a light pastel blue?

BlancaJP

when I first made the color it was a very light blue and with colors up as they are now it reads some where in between for me. I usually keep my lightest color just a little off from pure white to make it more pleasing to the eye. Do you think it should be pure white ?

laurxy

there should be also a darker blue. maybe something like 005da0 ?

Theo86

let me know if I am doing this totally wrong, but here is a sketch of what I have so far.

A squid on a pool chair. Maybe with an umbrella and enjoying a drink.

Goto75

Not sure what to draw... Is this a creature only pool party or can it be some human guests?

SteveOramA
2 designs submitted - Score now!
pyr4lis said:

Hi all - Just a heads up I'm going to be travelling in China for work till the 16th and I'm not sure exactly how much access I'll have to internet while I'm there. If you guys don't mind I'll have something when I get back stateside. :)

I was thinking of doing something playing on the various dog memes... you know like 'dog on a surfboard' / 'dog on a skateboard' sort of thing? Would that work? Or would it not be weird enough?

You being away from the internet is okay. The deadline is 2 weeks from the start date (which should be in a day or two) so you should meet it no problem. And yes, a dog on a object would work. It doesn't have to be weird.

BlancaJP said:

I get a lot of variation in picking the colors out, should they be precise ? I could go and make a kuler color theme for every one tho use - if that would be of use ?

The color palette is now updated with the hex codes underneath it. There shouldn't be any problems with variations now.

nyenyerejunior said:

hi! is it ok?

Ha! Yes, it is okay. You must like the Hoff?!?

SteveOramA
laurxy said:

there should be also a darker blue. maybe something like 005da0 ?

You can utilize the shirt color for a darker blue or make halftones with the darkest color.

Theo86 said:

let me know if I am doing this totally wrong, but here is a sketch of what I have so far.

A squid on a pool chair. Maybe with an umbrella and enjoying a drink.

You're doing it right. Looks good to me so far!

Goto75 said:

Not sure what to draw... Is this a creature only pool party or can it be some human guests?

Your character can be anything/anyone you want it to be as long as it doesn't conflict with copyright, trademark, or parody laws.

P0ckets

I might try and do a narwhal with some shrimp skewered on his horn, cooking them on a BBQ. Not sure BBQ itself will fit into my image though, I'll see how it looks

PyroInsomniac
PyroInsomniac said:

Rough sketch up.

Did I get the perspective alright or should I redo from a lower perspective?

P0ckets

Here's what I've got going... let me know what you think - I'm away all next week so trying to get it sorted ahead of time.

bortwein

Jake is going to be pretty easy to find if he is the only "human" on the design. BTW: Do we have a Jake illustration yet? (Not volunteering for it, just curious.)

bortwein

Well only human beside the Hoff.

SteveOramA
PyroInsomniac said:
PyroInsomniac said:

Rough sketch up.

Did I get the perspective alright or should I redo from a lower perspective?

You should be good to go with that. You could put him on top of a lifeguard chair tower if you wanted to as well. Nice work!

P0ckets said:

Here's what I've got going... let me know what you think - I'm away all next week so trying to get it sorted ahead of time.

Looks good to me. You can email your final design if you'd like.

bortwein said:

Jake is going to be pretty easy to find if he is the only "human" on the design. BTW: Do we have a Jake illustration yet? (Not volunteering for it, just curious.)

Finally! Someone noticed and you read my mind, bortwein. I plan on adding him in last so that element of surprise and attempts to find him happen. It could turn into a mini-contest of who ever finds Jake first gets ___.

freshvirus

I would love to join please....how do i sign up?

Ilya Yavnoshan

I think I like the idea of doing a sea serpent with floaties/ tubes throughout the length of its body, if no one else went for a serpent already.

digsy

Is there still space? I really really want to play too!!!

campkatie

can I do a cannonball doing a cannonball?

v.calahan

I'd love in if there is a spot left!

BodaciousGirl

This is really cool but I have no idea how to sign up. (long week...)

campkatie

and someone needs to do JeffreyG as the Coppertone girl (ahem Alex)

DavidBS

Count me in! #51 please (alternates).

pijaczaj

I am thinking about drawing a Viking, maybe with a small toy around him that represents Vikings boat.

v.calahan

Dunno if there is a spot, yet did a fast sketch with a lantern fish and a buoy and a fishing float… :)

SteveOramA
freshvirus said:

I would love to join please....how do i sign up?

Your comment has just signed you up.

Cameron McMaster said:

awesome! how do I sign up?

digsy said:

Is there still space? I really really want to play too!!!

Yes, you can play!!!

campkatie said:

can I do a cannonball doing a cannonball?

Sure thing!

v.calahan said:

I'd love in if there is a spot left!

There is a spot for you and you're in!

BodaciousGirl said:

This is really cool but I have no idea how to sign up. (long week...)

DavidBS said:

Count me in! #51 please (alternates).

No need for alternates yet. You're have a regular spot right now.

SteveOramA

ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT FOR SIGNING UP!!! HURRY!!!

v.calahan

Yay! Great, thx Steve! I'll get to work! :)

DavidBS

Regular spots are so mainstream. Well, #46 is ok. Thank you!

SteveOramA

You're welcome, guys. No problem. Now get to work slackers!

kmg334

I am so in! This is an awesome idea.

leliela

Sign me up! Not too late right?

And I'm thinking of an inverted mermaid on a floating pool chair...

BrianPerezer

How the heck do I get in on this? I'd love to draw a character!

SteveOramA

everyone above this comment is in!

Signups are now closed!

Design your characters & send emails!

SteveOramA

The deadline is Friday, April 19th

Robo Rat

Mine is a seahorse and or a shrimp. Super stoked!

PyroInsomniac

Jake should be in a giant fish costume to make him blend in more.

laurxy

what do you guys think?

sndrblzd

OMG! I'm so late for signing up. :(((((

BrianPerezer

Hey Steve, Count me in. I'd love to put together a character. If you need an email go to my account.

P0ckets

Laurxy - love it! Great expression on the whale.

Steve - file sent to the collab email account.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
No account?