Close
One second...

Final score of 3.47 on Pool Party = Community Collaboration 2013

The Pool Party design has now come to an end with the final score of 3.47!

It was a lot of fun to organize such a successful design. It couldn't have been done without all of the great people listed below!

Participants/Characters:

The participants listed below met the deadline and are credited with contributing to the design.

1.TheInfamousBaka/fishtail head 2.Theo86/squid on chair 3.mechanicalrobotpower/sea horse 4.nickv47/merman 5.Robo Rat/seahorse 6.pijaczaj/viking 7.Morkki/jellyfish 8.Musarter/jesus lizard + bizarro pirate 9.hilaryleung/pixel kid in floatie 10.campkatie/cannonball doing a cannonball 11.Goto75/bat kid 12.laurxy/killer whale 13.BlancaJP/octopus with floaties + props 14.P0ckets/narwhal bbqing shrimp 15.Pyroinsomniac/creature from the black lagoon 16.palitosci/mustache guy 17.Akaka/deep sea diver eating ice cream 18.lunchboxbrain/Perry 19.bortwein/scenery + props 20.Elma e Francis/pirate on chair 21.AlanBao/ninja 22.ahmad ifan rofiyandi/kid playing ukulele 23.David Rui/jaguar shark 24.halfgotten/squiddo 25.nyenyerejunior/bananas on the Hoff 26.digsy/shark with floaties 27.v.calahan/lantern fish with floatie 28.kmg334/penguin on ice 29.leliela/inverted mermaid on a floating pool chair 30.nikoby/sailor Willie 31.Mantichore/fish family 32.gaunty/upside down duck 33.SteveOramA/Jake

UPDATED 5/5/13

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Alright guys!

It looks like it's narrowing down to Pool Party or Underwater Sea Creatures. What will it be?

Santo76
Santo76 profile pic Alumni

I'm in!

Goto75
Goto75 profile pic Alumni

My vote goes to Underwater Sea Creatures

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Of the two, Sea Creatures

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

Sea creatures at a pool party, duh!

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

of the two I say Sea Creatures as well.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

sea creatures at a pool party LOL - if it needs to one or the other I say sea creatures.

PyroInsomniac

I vote sea creatures at pool party. Or a sea creature themed pool party

ajtheworm

I'd be interested in joining in!! :D

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Sure, I'll do it!

SteveOramA
1 design submitted -

The people have spoken and the theme has been selected! You can start picking your character/creature and posting about it. The details have been updated so please read the original post for the thread.

Next up, color scheme! I'm thinking the shirt color will be light blue / sky blue to utilize the color of the sky and the highlights in the pool. Post your color palette suggestions in the comments or I'll have to pick one.

kooky love
kooky love profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Take me in this collab :)

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

color me interested.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Cool, pool party it is. In a Where's Waldo type of design having an established background will be helpful. Should we assume the design will have a high angled background like in the Where's Waldo books? If so we must all take that angle into consideration while drawing our characters.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Maybe start with something like this?

HopeWish

Question: Does your character have to be made using photoshop or illustrator?

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni
HopeWish said:

Question: Does your character have to be made using photoshop or illustrator?

yes. or the other. read the rules above.

nickv47

*one or the other (or both, so long as you have a layered file to hand over)

nickv47
TheInfamousBaka said:

Maybe start with something like this?

I like these. Can we use one of the aquas as the tee color and get another warm color?

PeculiarTiffany

A nice warm coral color might be nice. Very beachy too.

nickv47

yeah! some sort of orange/red would be great.

Elma e Francis

It sounds great! I need google to translate all, but I want be in, if I can :)

BlancaJP

how about something like this for colors

nickv47
BlancaJP said:

+1

PyroInsomniac
nickv47 said:
BlancaJP said:

+1

+2 (Can we add the coral tho?)

Also... dibs on creature from the black lagoon!

AlanBao
AlanBao profile pic Alumni

Hey, I'd be interested! Never done one of these before - how does it work? Do the artists individually create their characters, and then when it's done, they get assembled into a bigger canvas?

PeculiarTiffany
AlanBao said:

Hey, I'd be interested! Never done one of these before - how does it work? Do the artists individually create their characters, and then when it's done, they get assembled into a bigger canvas?

Yep!

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

I keep thinking things like Architeuthis / Kraken / Cthulhu ...but I wanna do something less tentacley.

nickv47

merman from he-man is mine.

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni

me in!

DavidZole

A sea creatures pool party? This is sick!

I'm definitely in!

SteveOramA
1 design submitted -
Musarter said:

Cool, pool party it is. In a Where's Waldo type of design having an established background will be helpful. Should we assume the design will have a high angled background like in the Where's Waldo books? If so we must all take that angle into consideration while drawing our characters.

Yes, this should be taken into consideration. It will be a little more zoomed in on the area than the Waldo ones. I'll post a sketch of a potential background and angle for reference. If anyone else would like to do so then post it in the comments.

The thread has been updated with new signups and the color palette. Get to designing and posting your character in the comments to lock it down.

David Rui and iSunMonkey: You have been added but get yourself an avatar for your profile!

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

a question ... the character has to be full body or can be with the water up to his waist?

SteveOramA
1 design submitted -

It's probably better to be a full character. Depending on the placement within the background it could be walking or in the water. We won't know which will happen until all characters are received.

nickv47
palitosci said:

a question ... the character has to be full body or can be with the water up to his waist?

this made me lol. awesome.

hilaryleung

Does this work for everyone?

BlancaJP

I'm thinking octopus with floaties

BlancaJP

hilaryleung - cute, but I feel like the pixel art thing wouldn't work with this collab work.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Hi all - Just a heads up I'm going to be travelling in China for work till the 16th and I'm not sure exactly how much access I'll have to internet while I'm there. If you guys don't mind I'll have something when I get back stateside. :)

I was thinking of doing something playing on the various dog memes... you know like 'dog on a surfboard' / 'dog on a skateboard' sort of thing? Would that work? Or would it not be weird enough?

halfgotten
halfgotten profile pic Alumni

ME IN! :)

evyc

I'm going to start sketching a sea monster wearing floaties on his arms.

BlancaJP

I get a lot of variation in picking the colors out, should they be precise ? I could go and make a kuler color theme for every one tho use - if that would be of use ?

PyroInsomniac
BlancaJP said:

I get a lot of variation in picking the colors out, should they be precise ? I could go and make a kuler color theme for every one tho use - if that would be of use ?

Yes please!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
No account?
Join Us