Close
One second...

Game of Thrones - Season 3

Who's excited? Seriously looking forward to it.
I watched the first two season back to back at the start of this year.

I ended up getting impatient and went on to read all the books an finished A Dance with Dragons on Sunday. Can't wait to see what they do with the next book, and how far they go with the story. A Storm of Swords is a massive book.

Watch this
RicoMambo
RicoMambo profile pic Alumni

Just today start 1st season , again :-)

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

:) I love it mate. Sean Bean is my hero, I loved Sharpe as a kid.

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

I started reading the book last year and just couldn't get into it for some reason...then I ended up watching through both seasons last week and loved it. I might need to give the books another chance.

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

hodor

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Hope the little brat gets more whacking on season 3… ;)

quick-brown-fox

I found the books a bit of a struggle to begin with too. I found the fact that he flips between characters frustrating to begin with, and I also think that he's unnecessarily long winded in his writing style. That said, my desire to find out more about what happens to people helped me tolerate the shortcomings. I skimmed a lot of it too.

Chipmnk

From what I've heard of the series, I think I'm okay with just watching the series. Maybe at the end of it, like, twenty years from now, I'll read the books and see how the show diverged.

Maltzmania
Chipmnk said:

From what I've heard of the series, I think I'm okay with just watching the series. Maybe at the end of it, like, twenty years from now, I'll read the books and see how the show diverged.

i can't endorse reading the books enough...however, it is an investment of brainpower to remember characters, houses, lines of succession and who is fucking who

Maltzmania

But, don't take my word for it

Maltzmania

But, don't take my word for it

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I need to re-read the books. I read 1-3, then Feast For Crows came out, read that one, then waited five years and read A Dance With Dragons. People ask me about things that are happening and I have no clue. So many things to keep track of.

Really excited about a certain event at the end of Season 3.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Or was it six years? Damn that man takes forever to write books.

quick-brown-fox

I believe there are a few sample chapters knocking about, and he's read a few chapters at fan events and signings as such. I don't know why he doesn't just turn each book into a mini trilogy and have shorter gaps between books. He clearly knows where the story is going.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I have read the first three books and I agree, and have heard, that the third book is the best in the series. So the third season of the show should be super good.

quick-brown-fox

Whoop! I loved that. They seemed to fit quite a lot of the book in one episode.

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni
quick-brown-fox said:

Whoop! I loved that. They seemed to fit quite a lot of the book in one episode.

Hodor

No account?
Join Us