How did you hear about threadless in the first place?

I am curious on how you all stumbled upon threadless.com. From randomly searching google, heard from a friend? etc...

I heard of threadless randomly from a comment from being on http://voteforart.com/ when they said Quote: "Vote For Art is a poor mans threadless." That is how I stumbled upon here about two years ago and am glad I did.

Lets hear your stories... :)

Watch this
unicorndinosaurs
unicorndinosaurs profile pic Alumni

Almost 3 years ago, I think I was shopping for my boyfriend, trying to find him a sweet t-shirt or somthing and Threadless popped up in the search results. Click, found awesomeness

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

it magically appeared to me as a gloving sign, it floated in front of me beckoning me to join. I answered the call 1year 5moths ago. In other words saw a friends sub on FB and and a few stray words here and there.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

In 2006 (I think), I saw an ad for Threadless on deviantArt. Checked it out, fell in love with the art and the shirts. I looked forward to 10 am every Monday to see what got printed.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

some girl i slept with

littlem

some girl jeff and qbf slept with = my brother.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

A fellow Graphic Design friend told me I should submit designs on Threadless since liked illustration and worked for Screen-printers. I was inspired by the art and the clever design work on Threadless from the get go.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

I was talking with a guy named Glen one time at a bar, ..at this event. He turned me on to Threadless, ..turns out he was pretty popular around these parts at the time. ..Turns out it was Glennz.

Sarcasticatbest

5 years ago yesterday my friend said she'd found about the place and thought I'd like it. You guys are alright, I guess.

Poeha
Poeha profile pic Alumni

I honestly can't remember. It's years ago. Probably just found it searching for design challenges or something.

CSchaffer86

Obviously I haven't been here for years.. I would love to be able to say that! Found it about a week or so ago from an ad on Facebook. :)

bleachrocks

I actually found it through a site that suggested it as a way to pay for college. I done that, but I do love the t-shirts that get printed.

joelwalsham

I just came across it for the first time today (yay!) through Facebook. I saw an article about t-shirt designs posted by 99designs and at the bottom they had a link to Threadless. I thought the name sounded cool, so I clicked.

Now I'm a member. Look at that.

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

My (then) 14 year old brother was OBSESSED with zombies and I wanted to get him a zombie tshirt, so I looked online and bought him the Threadless tee with the zombie hands breaking through the boarded up windows. hooked ever since.

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

Great stories, ^Zombie t-shirts are awesome so I understand your brothers obsession. :)

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

I was searching for online art communities and discovered Threadless, even though i joined nearly two years ago, it took me until five months ago to submit my first piece - mainly because i completely forgot about it. Working as a freelancer for demanding clients was slowly making me a very angry man, so i quit and spend all my time doodling on Threadless now, no more clients = WIN!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

I hear about threadless back in 2005 a coworker was wearing a shirt and i liked it and he told me about threadless. Ever since then I have been a part of it. I deleted my original username thebabe_2 which at the time i liked, but felt it was little kiddish so i changed in and deleted that username now im the one and only goliath72~!

No account?
Join Us