sub a dub dub - now up for voting

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Oh man, I loved that one! It's perfect for it.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I think this is adorable and definitely up Wittlebee's alley. Maybe ditch the shadows and have one giving the other a flower or squirting water at each other or something? Just something to fill in that bit of empty space I think would help. :-)

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

This is super cute and perfect for the challenge even if it does defy physics.

mister.o

I think it's adorable and you should definitely resub. Maybe make it a tad more colorful?

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

Definitely re-sub! Wicked cute!!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Thanks guys, ill def resub I think, just need to decide what changes to make. Might start with colours

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

It's definitely a design for kids. Re-sub! You could do a few different colorways to give people choices and increase the score.

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

resub! that's perfect

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i've finally come back to this!

So i recently had a resub declined for this reason:

Your design was declined because it is a copy of a design that you previously submitted. If you want to submit a design more than once, you are required to make significant, noticeable changes. We do not accept the same design more than once. If you want to submit a design on more than one product template, please show them all within the 3 slides of one submission!

fair enough, i knew that was an old rule but I thought I had seen a lot of identical resubs for new challenges and gave it a go myself.

With that in mind, would this little spray of water and new templates be enough to get me into the wittlebee comp for this?

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

Hmm that is a tough one, I would like to think they would accept it but you never know, I think it is such a great design so it would be a shame not to submit it really :-)

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

maybe add some texture so it's even more different from your original sub? Anyway, re-subbing this is a great idea, seems perfect for kids!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

there are actually some textures in there, just hard to see so small and i don't really want to push it much further. i'll have a thought about some other changes....

BeanePod

Awwww, that sucks! Seems like I've seen tons of resubs for challenges with no changes whatsoever.

The water's a great addition too. Could you make it into a swing set somehow? Like, really, really subtle I mean.

I dunno, love the purple version though.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

wittlebee doen'st have an immediate deadline so i'm going to sub this as is and if they reject it, i have loads of tie to reconsider and resub it. thanks for the help!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

are the colours ok or should i try something more subtle?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

gentler example:

BeanePod

that one's cute too....the darker green is a little harder to see (on the shirt) but still looks good. i think you should just go for it and see what happens.

any of my kids would wear it :)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

yeah, the green is a little dark - i might rework it and replace the pink with it

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

right back to this with a lighter green.

can i get some colour thoughts as to which 3 i should sub? mint (original), blue, green, purple and pink

pick 3, any 3!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

so now i'm just mucking about with colours - here's EIGHT to choose from!!! mint, light green, light blue, blue, light pink, bright pink, lilac or purple?

jamesnotjim

I dont know why but I like the blue its probably cause im male :) get it re subbed already haha!

hellofromthemoon
hellofromthemoon profile pic Alumni

I like the first or fourth colors :) Also I loved TheInfamousBaka's suggestion that the darker colored elephant be holding a flower (that the lighter colored elephant is watering).

Queeg500

I remember scoring this a 5 fist time round. Really love it! Looks great in pretty much every one of those colours too! My favourites are the blue and light green.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I forgot about the flower! Thanks for colours so far - blue has all three votes so far so that's a definite, now just need another 2

evyc

SO CUTE

Wolfgang8885

Maybe make them sitting on a rock instead of hovering. They said to change it so, maybe that will help? The general design of the elephants wont be affected. Awesome design though and perfect for wittles

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i think adding a rock would totally effect the whole concept - they're holding each other up, otherwise they're just two elephants sitting on a rock. thanks though.

jamesnotjim

Go with the flower and water squirt to add to the cuteness if that's even a word haha!

BeanePod

I'm a big fan of the bolder richer versions, prob since everything nothing my kids ever choose to wear has softer/muted colors. I really love this idea and I hope they allow it in. Good luck:)

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

adorable! in every color :)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

thanks guys, adding a flower now and then i'll put them up again.

i thinking a combo of bright and softer colours, so maybe blue babygrow, soft baby tee and then something else for toddler tee???

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

flower added. I'm a little concerned it makes it very girly while i wa kinda hoping for something gender neutral... or was it girly to begin with?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

bump

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

in other thoughts - is it too late considering the next cut-off for picks is the 25 April.

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni

white/semi white color designs are suitable for every base colors, but I prefer on purple!

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

I LOVE the addition of the flower! So cute. I like the blue toned ones best

Queeg500

Flower looks great, though I understand your concern about it not being so gender neutral anymore. As for the cut-off, from what I understood, your sub remains up for scoring for as long as the challenge lasts, despite it having various selection dates. "Get your design in early to be considered for each round." - If you subbed it now, it'd be considered for selection in April and in May, if I'm correct.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

thanks Queeg500.

so i want something bright, something pale and something gender neutral. so i was thinking bright blue, light green and purple or bright pink maybe?

NCowick

Super cute, and nice additions digsy. I think the turquoise is a kind of nice gender neutral color. I'm personally more fond of the light blue one as opposed to the light green. And I like the purple. Of course you will get an endless supply of varying opinions on this. I don't think there are any wrong choices here. Just choose your favorites.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

thanks NCowick

So I've just merged a lot of these and I'm def going for thse two as slide 2 and 3:

my last question is does slide 1 go with the 2nd colour as mint or light blue?

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Why can't the end of their trunks be forming something?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

hmm, i didn't think there was enough space, but i can give it another go

NCowick

Ok, now that you've merged I'm going to backtrack from light blue and recommend going with the second color in slide 1 being mint. I think those colors compliment each other nicely and make for a good first slide.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

ok, here's the heart version as per soloyo - don't worry about the colour, just getting the basis right

thoughts?

BeanePod

^ YES! Brilliant.

Queeg500

Yep! Works really well. Eliminates that worry of the water/flower not being gender neutral. Plus it's easier to make out whats going on from a distance. I like it!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

right, here's slides 1, 2 and 3. I think I've spent longer on this resub than I ever did on the original - are we good to go?

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

YEAH

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

It's in, lets see if they accept the changes

Queeg500

Go for it!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?