Close
One second...

Bee Yourself - Kids Line print!

Watch this
TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I think it's adorable. Is it just a cute rainbow bee?

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

cute - yes, rainbow or pride ? if you want to make a statement it's not clear, but it's not mandatory to do so, so I don't care. Could be ready as is, I might have tried out if the blush marks would work as plain circles or 3 dots, they are the only gradients so they stick out, but not sure on that one.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Thanks! I didn't want to do a straight up political statement, I think that's up to the viewer but that was part of my original idea. Must be all the marriage equality talk floating around in Finland lately. I was going for something that could be worn like that or could be worn as just a cute image, kind of like that one Randyotter rainbow design...?

I was thinking of doing the blush as a halftone eventually but I'll have to see if that works out.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

Had to look up randyotter - that's awesome. I could see your bee as a really cute oncie as is. It's not all that much to the point as randyotter so if you feel like it the marriege rights thing could be brought out a little with the bee holding a ring or two bees facing each other or... :) tickles my fancy so I'm thinking it over, sorry. Go with this it's CUTE.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

I think its cute, whether it has a strong message or no.

There are two things that spring to mind when I look at this though:

The first is that the wings seem too complicated compared with the rest of the body, I would go for a some simple 'tear drop' shapes to represent the wings.

The second is that the space/ stars texture looks like its had the opacity turned down too low and it gets a little lost. I would take the texture you're using in photoshop, cut it into segment for each colour you're using and colour the texture as a duotone or a halftone. This would give the texture a stronger colour.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

I was wondering about the wings! And I think I'm gonna change the texture into something more "worn"/scratchy anyway. Still experimenting with that. Great advice.

ZlatkoKelemenic

Cute design, here are some suggestions: 1. If you're going with flat colors, I suggest you stick with it, try making the blushing effect with a flat color object rather than a gradient.

1. The wings should be going into the first direction( detailed version), where you should use thinner lines inside relative to the outline, you could also try making it rainbow colored as well :)

2. Don't take it the wrong way, but I don't like the base/skin color of the bee, you should go into more radical or just standard color( to enhance the contrast ). For example, try a pure black, or a pale light blue, see what happens :D

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I like the simple wings much better! And I really like the halftone cheeks. :-)

tides
tides profile pic Alumni

Bee Yourself?

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

That's kind of amazing, I just wrote down 'Bee yourself' like an hour ago and that's all I've come up with so far. :) Heh. Thanks!

tides
tides profile pic Alumni

:)

Manupix

So cute! Congrats =)

No account?
Join Us