Close
One second...

Bookworm - new high score :)

NEW HIGH SCORE for me ! 3.41

This is way cool - Thank you for everyone that voted and commented.
here is a look at the process if you wish. BLOG

Thank you everyone for the support, greatly appreciated. bookworm

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
PyroInsomniac

I like the concept! If you clean up the lines I think the penciled look could work pretty well. I like the mice, although the one on top has very tiny eyes compared to the other two. The bookworm looks cute as is, but it doesn't look very wormy.

Good luck!

Poeha

Yay!

BlancaJP
1 design submitted - Score now!

Thanks :) I'll work on the eyes a little. Yeah the "worm" is a little loose interpretation, I thought about it and came to think it needed hands for cuteness so it lost a little worminess, but I think I'll live with that.

BlancaJP

you got to me pyroinsomniac ;) I'll think the wormyness over a little more

Aria.N

Definitely a YAY!

gebe
2 designs submitted - Score now!

wow nice concept! I suggest to enlarge the letter-eaters detail, it needs more space in the composition :)

BlancaJP

thanks :) and thanks gebe, you might be right - I'll see if I can work that out.

gebe

anyway I like your manga style!

BlancaJP
gebe said:

:)

unicorndinosaurs

I love the way the type-writer looks. looks sweeeeeet.

BlancaJP

:) sweet - ok the yays have it and I started work on vectors, thought it would look cleaner then the pencil. Thank you for the input ! I'll post after I get something going that's forth looking at.

BlancaJP

I'm out to work, have good wee everyone

HopeWish

I like it much more now with the books stacked underneath! The only thing that bothers me is how the worm and the mice are a different style, and the mice all look pretty much the same with nothing different in their expressions. It's fine if you want them in a different style so they stand out, but that the mice are highly textured, while the worm's details are more subtle, makes it like three different styles in the design. I'd also consider at least giving each book a different, subtle color. I also like the black and blue colors for the tees. Great work!

BlancaJP
HopeWish said:

I like it much more now with the books stacked underneath! The only thing that bothers me is how the worm and the mice are a different style, and the mice all look pretty much the same with nothing different in their expressions. It's fine if you want them in a different style so they stand out, but that the mice are highly textured, while the worm's details are more subtle, makes it like three different styles in the design. I'd also consider at least giving each book a different, subtle color. I also like the black and blue colors for the tees. Great work!

Thank you for a great comment. The worm actually does have some of the same texture as the mice but it gets lost, it's the one part I painted over and over and over again, I couldn't find the just so of it. I will take it up again and see if I can work it some more. I appreciate you pointing to it, I'm a little bind to it from staring at it for so long. Good idea with the book colors :)

HopeWish

No problem! Can't wait to see what you do with it! =)

BeanePod

Really dig this, specially the top two. Nice work!

BlancaJP
BeanePod said:

Really dig this, specially the top two. Nice work!

:)

goliath72

Clean itmup a little I agree this is a cool

gebe said:

gebe

this is great! I love the two version on grey!

BlancaJP

thanks gebe :)

and I think I will go with the dark gray, even though I just looked and I have 10 out 17 subs on gray. Maybe I should start with the T color next time.

goliath72 I'm not sure what you have in mind with cleaning up ? the books need work yes, but they are not done yet. The back ground is to be the T color and the rest is my use of water color brushes and low saturated colors - I think ?

lifeform987

nice execution, love the way you positioned the books. Looks good on black tee. :)

BlancaJP
lifeform987 said:

nice execution, love the way you positioned the books. Looks good on black tee. :)

Musarter

First off, cool illustration. I like the gray shirt and the black shirt versions.

BlancaJP
Musarter said:

First off, cool illustration. I like the gray shirt and the black shirt versions.

:) thanks !

I'm starting to wonder how this looks on different monitors. Most of you are saying you like the black T, witch is cool :) but I have used the dark gray and heather gray templates. So if the dark gray looks black, I wonder how my desing looks hmm... well as long as it looks good :)

blackhand_

Light outlines for me, though it's a toss-up. Nice work on the illustration.

BlancaJP
kuro_te said:

Light outlines for me, though it's a toss-up. Nice work on the illustration.

Thanks :) yeah I'm having a hard time making up my mind on this one. Thanks for the input.

hershel

if it is not too much of back and forth in the process, another version without any bold outline could be neat....other than that: yay

BlancaJP
hershel said:

if it is not too much of back and forth in the process, another version without any bold outline could be neat....other than that: yay

Thanks :) even less of outline then the 3rd one I have up (the bottom one) ?

hershel

I can only tell you my point of view on this as far as it concerns the illustration, because, I have to be honest but I think you can guess it by yourself,too: I would probably not wear it. BUT this is a very good illustration and you did very well! For my personal taste, I think it could look more..."authentic"...if the outlines would neither be black or white, but would appear in a darker shade of that color from the 1st greenish book for the shadowed lines, and then a lighter shade of that color for the highlighted lines. I think it would possibly appeal more then, printed on fabrics....I have a 2 dimensional impression of your illustration because of the bold outlines, which are probably not really necessary.

hershel

but the 3rd version with the thin lines would already do it, I think

Goto75

I would say nr 3 - no outline.

Also: it looks great!

BlancaJP
hershel said:

but the 3rd version with the thin lines would already do it, I think

did I sound snippy ? I really did not mean to, I'm sorry.

I really do like to hear others opinions and how they see my work. I was only a little unsure witch outlines you were referring to.

The bottom one in my eyes has no bold outline just the regular drawing outlines (dark brown on the type writer / almost black on the books)

and the other two have a light bold (muddy yellow) and a dark bold (very dark green/blue) out line around the design.

My drawings are usually very low in contrast so I sometimes feel they need a little pick up with the bold outlines. For this one I was very unsure about it - so I asked :) also they are way big and the details never come across in the small picks :/ I have to work on making bolder designs that read better.

I ran in to colors looking way different to others before. I'm not sure if I have my monitors settings on a really contrast or something.

Very good advise and I do feel I might have done better with the books if I had used the same color as the book for the outline just darker, but I think changing now might be too much. I was in a hurry to get this done, and wasn't thinking about the outlines that much anymore. I made the books after I had finished the typewriter and mice.

will keep it in mind for the next one :) and thanks for the input for being truthful and strait, I hate yes men, art critique should be critical and point out good AND BAD points :) sometimes writing sucks, so not getting the tone I mean across.

BlancaJP
Goto75 said:

I would say nr 3 - no outline.

Also: it looks great!

hershel

hey ...noooo.......i was only trying to make like the first serious comment in 5 years.:-(

hershel

you didn´t sound snippy at all .-)

BlancaJP
hershel said:

hey ...noooo.......i was only trying to make like the first serious comment in 5 years.:-(

oh no I've put my foot in my mouth again !!!

BlancaJP
hershel said:

you didn´t sound snippy at all .-)

:) well all in all I'm clad you commented on mine :)

hershel

well.....than just let´s say I have made a few serious comments and you were a tiny bit snippy ..

good deal?

just kidding, don´t worry:-) good luck with it!

hershel

^when it´s up....now I sound snippy....

BlancaJP

Deal ! Hahaaa :D this could go on forever.

before more snippy comments fly about I think I'll go and do last little fixes and sub this design so it can meet it's final verdict.

BlancaJP

ok I've done what I can and it's bombs away, to the guillotine, farewell, waiting for the judgement day.

Thanks again to everyone for all the support and help.

last tweaks were to lose the bold outline and do a little quick fixing of the drawing outlines, contrast, sharpen the regular last minute little things.

goliath72

Love itheaded over to support

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?