Close
One second...

Cheeky Society 6 question?

Hey guys, obviously a lot of us are on S6 and so i wanted to see if i could get an answer to a question that has been bugging me for ages. Lately I have been getting a lot of emails from them saying that various pieces of my work are being added to their shop but what does this actually mean for the artist?

Also, what is the difference between a piece being added to their shop and your other pieces that you have set prices for and put up for sale?

How do they decide when a piece should be added to the shop?

I have a lot of pieces in the shop and yet i have had no sales, I have tried googling some answers about the benefits of being in the shop but so far i have found nothing.

I know that is more than one question but hey, that place is mystery to me and any advice would be greatly appreciated

Watch this
PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I think when you post your stuff, it's immediately available to your particular shop but won't show if someone is just browsing the Society6 site. My guess is that someone is doing quality control and if it's deemed worthy it's added to the Society6 site.

I haven't made any sales at all, but I know that there are some that make a good bit of money. I think the more you put yourself out there, the more promotes you'll get, which perhaps increases your chances of being featured.

Just some personal speculations, I'm not on there too terribly much.

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni

Yes, TheInfamousBaka is correct. When you get the email stating that Society6 has added a design to "the shop" it is searchable/findable/viewable on the main part of the site. You can see that your particular design is there by looking through the very last couple of pages of the main shop. I'm pretty sure the designs are displayed in the shop by popularity and/or sales. If your design is relatively new that is why it would be at the end of the pages.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Cheers for the replies guys, that clears up a whole lot of things :-)

No account?
Join Us