Close
One second...

Apologies to Mia Carr AKA miacarr

Sorry Mia,
You can find her subs here

...And a bunch of others.]

If anyone altered their votes based on what this blog used to be, I urge you to revisit and adjust your scoring.

The copyright line reads as "Copyright © by Luminarium Graphics. You may use this image for print and digital graphics, for personal or small scale commercial use only. However, digital or printed republication as a graphic resource is not permitted."

It turns out that she is Luminarium graphics, and she should be scored fairly.

Watch this
Poeha
Poeha profile pic Alumni

Well I guess the 2000 dollars make those persons feel good.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

does it? I'd feel guilt to my filthy filthy bones

Poeha
Poeha profile pic Alumni

I sometimes use royalty free images from over 100 years old, and you could say that's good because the art is re-used, but it never gives any satisfaction of accomplishment though. And I rather have that feeling of being capable of something then 2000 dollars.

Elma e Francis
Poeha said:

Well I guess the 2000 dollars make those persons feel good.

True. But rob a bank is much more honest (and profitable)

Elma e Francis

awesome illustrations, by the way...

fightstacy
Poeha said:

I sometimes use royalty free images from over 100 years old, and you could say that's good because the art is re-used, but it never gives any satisfaction of accomplishment though. And I rather have that feeling of being capable of something then 2000 dollars.

And I think that's fine, ..if it's part of your image, not the entirety, ..or if you alter it enough, ...but not when it's just slapped onto something else and then presented as your own.

fightstacy
Elma e Francis said:

awesome illustrations, by the way...

awesome when used appropriately

taz-pie

Pretty sure that chick gives zero fucks :(

fightstacy
taz-pie said:

Pretty sure that chick gives zero fucks :(

Yeah, absolutely, ..it's a huge pity that she can't use them here because of copyright.

and by 'huge pity' I mean 'it's not a pity, not even a little.'

Mexiblunt

Mechanical i wish i had this hawk-eye when it comes to stealing. you truly have a super power and if it wasn't for you i would've probs 4-5 this chick.

fightstacy
Mexiblunt said:

Mechanical i wish i had this hawk-eye when it comes to stealing. you truly have a super power and if it wasn't for you i would've probs 4-5 this chick.

I like to bring down evildoers. I sharpen my knives every night.

FlyingMonkeyMan

mechanical is always on top of these things. And I assume that there will always be people that do this and won't feel bad or anything. I just point it out to everyone else so they don't get fooled and move on.

unicorndinosaurs
unicorndinosaurs profile pic Alumni

Not Cool. Good call robotpower

FlyingMonkeyMan

mechanical is always on top of these things. And I assume that there will always be people that do this and won't feel bad or anything. I just point it out to everyone else so they don't get fooled and move on.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

It doesn't matter, i gave every single one of them a 1.......cos they are shit

pijaczaj

If I would rob a bank I would be so proud of me 8) (and now I have another never accomplished dream - thanks Elma e Francis 8( )

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
unicorndinosaurs said:

Not Cool. Good call robotpower

Damn , I gave some of those good scores

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

saw the title, had to post this: (i think CPJ was before your time here)

i'll now go back and read what this is all about

FiCan

It's interesting that she's also included the Luminarium Graphics logo as part of the design (inside of the shirt neck). Unless this is the original artist who is selling these designs on Etsy, this is very uncool. Nice pickup.

Curious if anyone would consider notifying the artist on Etsy, or let Threadless take care of it?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

In any case, it's weird.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

ahh cactus pirate

nostalgia

mia CARR????? the family would not approve mia

Adilanam
mechanicalrobotpower said:

does it? I'd feel guilt to my filthy filthy bones

Well that's you, and unfortunately not her. Threadless should just hire you to weed out submissions like this that shouldn't even be accepted. What bugs me the most about people that do this is that they have the audacity to call it ORIGINAL work.

fightstacy
Adilanam said:Threadless should just hire you to weed out submissions like this that shouldn't even be accepted.

That would be my dream job. Stabbin' at fools who decide to be foolish.

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Upsetting gave good scorr too boo

craquehaus
FiCan said:

It's interesting that she's also included the Luminarium Graphics logo as part of the design (inside of the shirt neck). Unless this is the original artist who is selling these designs on Etsy, this is very uncool. Nice pickup.

Curious if anyone would consider notifying the artist on Etsy, or let Threadless take care of it?

Looking at how they used the logo - I'm going to guess that this is just an exercise in trying to use Threadless to promote their brand. I don't think anything malicious is going on here. I think it's more likely Mia is Luminarium.

As the resident taking-black-and-white-photos-to-make-strange-collages-expert, I wouldn't worry either way. Threadless doesn't take to printing our kind.

fightstacy
craquehaus said:
FiCan said:

Looking at how they used the logo - I'm going to guess that this is just an exercise in trying to use Threadless to promote their brand. I don't think anything malicious is going on here. I think it's more likely Mia is Luminarium.

As the resident taking-black-and-white-photos-to-make-strange-collages-expert, I wouldn't worry either way. Threadless doesn't take to printing our kind.

Yeah, it could be she is Luminarium graphics, ..a very weird way to word things though, ..saying that's where she sourced them

miacarr

Mechanicalrobotpower, congrats on your spectacle of foolishness. Perhaps, it would have been more ethical if you had contacted the LuminariumGraphics etsy store owner (me) about this. Instead you decide to post a thread like this to get your own frustrations out. Shame on you.

miacarr
Mexiblunt said:

Sorry, robotpower isn't as powerful as he might look.

miacarr
craquehaus said:
FiCan said:

Thank you croquehaus and FiCan, for your words wisdom, maybe robotpower can learn a thing or two with it.

Morkki
miacarr said:

Mechanicalrobotpower, congrats on your spectacle of foolishness. Perhaps, it would have been more ethical if you had contacted the LuminariumGraphics etsy store owner (me) about this. Instead you decide to post a thread like this to get your own frustrations out. Shame on you.

To be fair, you could have stated that you were in fact LuminariumGraphics in the first place. Don't take it personally though! With thousands of designs rolling in there are plenty of genuine cheaters in the bunch too. So we tend to be a bit jumpy when something looks fishy.

Mexiblunt

alright miacarr don't rattle your pants, if anything he was trying to do a service to the community, this stuff happens all the time, maybe you should step down from your pedestal and try to see the good side of it. this is supposed to be nice and fair community... and he harmlessly thought he was doing good, don't go around calling people fools. Shame on you for your sarcastic bitter comments.

fightstacy
TheArtistDude said:

PLOT TWIST!

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

miacarr
Morkki said:
miacarr said:

To be fair, you could have stated that you were in fact LuminariumGraphics in the first place. Don't take it personally though! With thousands of designs rolling in there are plenty of genuine cheaters in the bunch too. So we tend to be a bit jumpy when something looks fishy.

I did, but too late...How would you react? I just wonder if mechanicalrobotpower can apologize publicly for this, like I have on my part. I honestly don't care about "cheaters", that is between thredless and them in their own conscious. I'd maybe understand if threadless payed people to rat them out, otherwise why should they care, really?

fightstacy

I'm sorry Mia, I didn't realise you were the same person, ..you worded your descriptions (which is what this is all based on) that you'd sourced them from somewhere else.

I have since gone back over all your designs and scored them as fairly as I possibly could.

And suggest others do also!

My scores didn't change at all.

Morkki
miacarr said:
Morkki said:
miacarr said:

I did, but too late...How would you react? I just wonder if mechanicalrobotpower can apologize publicly for this, like I have on my part. I honestly don't care about "cheaters", that is between thredless and them in their own conscious. I'd maybe understand if threadless payed people to rat them out, otherwise why should they care, really?

We care because on rare occasions a cheater gets a print. And that's always one less print for an honest artist.

fightstacy

Its also a huge debacle when it does happen, ..I am not going to stop Mia, not ever.

fightstacy
miacarr said:
Morkki said:
miacarr said:

Why care about cheaters? Because if that becomes a presence, this place will get icky.

miacarr

Thank you, mechanicalrobotpower! Apology accepted and appreciated. :)

fightstacy

Hey, no problem at all, ..i'm glad you found this.. I should really be more careful with my stabs.

And again, i'm very sorry.

miacarr said:

Thank you, mechanicalrobotpower! Apology accepted and appreciated. :)

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Now that I look at your subs more closely Mechanicalrobotpower, I think I've seen one or two of the some ace else, Mechanicalrobotcheater?

:)

fightstacy
Wharton said:

Now that I look at your subs more closely Mechanicalrobotpower, I think I've seen one or two of the some ace else, Mechanicalrobotcheater?

Don't make me make a thread about you.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
mechanicalrobotpower said:
Wharton said:

Don't make me make a thread about you.

The safest place for a witch to hide is amongst the witch hunters. BURN HIM!

Poeha
Poeha profile pic Alumni

No account?
Join Us