Time is Relative (Highest Score Yet) War Pigs (Finished too) and WIP Ideas

New Designs Submitted:
War Pigs

Time is Relative (Slow Rider)

Original Pencil Drawing

Are these ideas worth a damn:

Wolfgang (as a reference to the composer)

Sweet Ride (Small animals or bugs hang-gliding on a Sugar Glider)

Watch this
unicorndinosaurs
unicorndinosaurs profile pic Alumni

turtle skin lookin' sweet! I prefer "when i get there" to the other.

pijaczaj
pijaczaj profile pic Alumni

In my opinion: Wolfgang is pretty cool, but you will have to put text "Wolfgang" on it. Sweet animals - I don't get it. Through Superior Firepower - I don't know why it is cool to make peace sign with guns, maybe if those guns would be broken that would make sense to me. Your WIP is super cool, love how they just chill. Put some background 8)

Queeg500

Digging 'Sweet Ride' - cool idea! Your latest work looks excellent!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Thanks for ideas.

So far "When I get there" sounds good. Could also be "Late is Relative" or "Be there between 1 and 7 hours." Still noodling it.

On Wolfgang, if I have to spell it out it may not be a strong enough concept. I like the idea visually but the concept may not be there. On Sweet Ride, I wonder if enough people know what a Sugar Glider is. On Peace, the whole idea was to be ironic. Maybe this is a design that would work better at a place like Designbyhumans.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope to hear more.

Musarter

Thanks man. Maybe that will be my next WIP.

On another note, I am also considering doing a "War Pigs" design. Has a War Pigs design been subbed or printed before? Debating a straight up interpretation vs. a Angry Birds influenced design.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Easy Does, the turtle and the sloth

I have seen the peace sign made by weapong before, may times actually

Sweet ride, you will have to change the point of view(perspective) in order to be able to see the animals on top on the squirrel. Side view or seeing from a top.

I like wolfgang but I have two questions about it. Doesn't the one wolf smoking makes it seen like the notes are made of smoke? Shouldn't they be serenating the moon?

Musarter

Thanks Nestor. Yeah, I wasn't sure about the peace sign; it was one of those things were I couldn't remember if I had seen it before.

On "Sweet Ride" Why would I have to change the angle? My intention would be to make the smaller animals riding it like a hang-glider. I suppose it could look cool with the smaller animals on the back (although it may be harder to read the ride as being a Sugar Glider).

Now that you say it, the Wolfgang would make sense serenading the moon. Now I will have to think of way to make a street gang, in a city, with a moon. I may have to put this off until later.

Thanks again.

unicorndinosaurs

I like the animals where they are. no angle change. I don't think he noticed them down there.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

My fault, I though for some reason that the critters were supposed to go on top. Damn Disney subs got me thinking all disney like.

Joe Conde
Joe Conde profile pic Alumni

Awesome concepts bro can't wait to see the final! Sweet Ride's gonna be killer for sure! Wolfgang needs something to tie it up all together...hmmmm. On the top of my head, a Mozart-looking moon conducting the "Wolf-gang" perhaps? hahaha. Sloth and Tortoise is just sick bro! DAYUMMMN!

...and oh yeah and the peace sign is just not you ;-)

Musarter

I really appreciate all the ideas.

I think I will work on Sweet Ride and maybe a "War Pigs" design next. Anyone seen a "War Pigs" design on Threadless before?

Update: Color choices for "Sloth and Tortoise" design. Any thoughts?

Joe Conde
Joe Conde profile pic Alumni

Yessss, Sabbath!!! I haven't see a War Pigs in here yet. Sloth and Tortoise: bright on either silver or blue jean for me.

Musarter

Thanks guys, sounds like a tie on the colors.

Joe, I wasn't sure if a "War Pigs" design has been done here before. Thanks for the insight.

Musarter

So, um, my son likes the blue one and my wife likes the Green version. I am leaning towards the Green too now.

unicorndinosaurs

bright on silver and dull on olive. Olive the best!

Musarter

Thanks for the thoughts and assurance.

unicorndinosaurs said:

Wish I had your photoshop skills

Practice and time is all it takes. I guess you could say that about drawing or most acquired skills but it is gospel.

Musarter

Holy smokes, Time is Relative got a 3.79, my highest score ever. Thank you everyone.

Musarter

Oh, War Pigs just finished with 2.71. It was not loved with only 39 fives and 67 ones.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I could definitely see Time Is Relative printing! :-D

No account?
Join Us