One second...

Looking for pointers on my rejected submission.

I submitted this design for the Kid President challenge but received an e-mail saying; "We want every design submitted to Threadless to have the best possible chance at being chosen for print. Your submission was declined because we feel your idea could use a little more work to be up to the standard that will give it the best shot."

Here is my submitted art. This was my first submission to Threadless and I would love some feedback on ways that I could improve simply for future reference.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Watch this
BurritoGoblin profile pic Alumni

Did you choose the 8 because infinity? A couple of tips: -Lose the text. -Don't draw a heart made out of hearts.

BurritoGoblin profile pic Alumni

Like maybe try out an infinity symbol made of hearts, but do it good!

Elma e Francis

The 8 is for ReplicATE

That's great for me

Elma e Francis

maybe it's not so appropri8 for this challenge.

PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

What message are you trying to convey? I feel like the overall quality could be better and the concept itself is lacking. I'd take Mitch's advice and try something different, like the infinity symbol made of hearts or something else entirely.

do a unicorn pooping marshmallows.

do a robart looking at his heart

do a teddybear pulling his own head off

i like the 8. but i aslo like taz-pie's idea of a teddy bear pulling off his own head. and pooping marshmallows. lol

d3d profile pic Alumni

It looks cheap and halfassed. i know that last heart is meant to dot the i, but it just puts the whole word in an awkward position. Using the whole "ate" would at least balance it better. The black outline makes it look amateurish, so i'd get rid of that completely.

My 8 was to make it say replicate, the idea is to encourage more actions of love. If we pay if forward when something loving or kind is done to us we can create a movement of replicated love. That was basically my thought behind the art and why I have the little hearts growing into one large heart.

Looking back I feel like this was a big concept that I tried to convey in a rather abstract way. Thanks for all of the pointers and comments!

biotwist profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

why not just spell replicate?

No account?
Join Us