Close
One second...

old skool thradlass

does anyone remember the shitstorm around a dinosaur wearing a monocle sub a few years back? good times.

Watch this
taz-pie

cos today i saw this:

and remembered!

taz-pie

talking about fun things on the interwebs, i came acoss THIS again, from a few years ago. i laughed all over again:

Morkki
1 design submitted - Score now!

So what was the dinosaur drama?

You must pass on the legends of Ye Olde Threadless!

taz-pie

the fucking FUCKING search function is not working fuckit. i cant find it :(

taz-pie

oh thanks be to google

bear in mind, this shitstorm of a vagillion comments caused a huuuuuge scene and a major flamewar. it was hilarious.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Nope, you're OLD. Go back to the nursing home, GRANNY.

YOLO.

taz-pie

ehh shaddup and get off mah lawn

Morkki

WOW. I don't even... What? Wow. I need to read the whole thing. Was everyone on the Internet 12 years old back then?

TheInfamousBaka

Wow. That was before I became a regular on Threadless and I'm sad I missed it.

EZFL

most of the flamewars of thradlass past were hilarious.

taz-pie

Good times, hey Eric? Hahaha

d3d

I always went into those blogs all furious and ready for battle, but half the time you see it's already well under way and I'd instantly switch to rooting for the underdog. Poor misguided bastards. Although in the case of that particular blog the victim deserved it, trying to pervert our sacred system with his "friends". What a prick.

taz-pie

i no rite?

Morkki

People used to have a lot of opinions back then. And what the hell was that obsession with off-center placements? That's almost never cool.

ChrisDB

Craziest drama I think I was around and actually saw was when I think it was Emmy won Best tee of the year or something with this That was a shitstorm!

taz-pie

yessss!!! so much DRAMA :)

ChrisDB

I think I definitely understood what it was about. But it just degenerated man. It was sad to see so much hate from a place I came to know as being a really helpful community.

[+duracell-]

Well yeah cause she cheated the system. And threadless applauded it. It's basically a slap in the face to everyone else.. what do you expect?

taz-pie

anyone remember geewally? and the shitstorm? and the hectic tubgirl spamming?

ChrisDB

I hear ya duracell! Damn that was a shitload of cash too. Biggest prize ever at the time I think.

Walk us through memory lane taz! Post some links!

Musarter
[+duracell-] said:

Well yeah cause she cheated the system. And threadless applauded it. It's basically a slap in the face to everyone else.. what do you expect?

That storm was still going when I first started regularly using Threadless. It turned me off for awhile with the cheating and the hate. Back then it seemed like the blogs were bumped every second and it was hard to keep track of everything. Now a days things tend to be a bit slow.

taz-pie

the problem is that there was a Great Bogapocalypse in about 2005/6 that erased all the old blogs. it was really sad. all that old gold is now gone FOREVER :(

EZFL

This guy started a lot of drama and kept feeding the idiots that would bite.

EZFL
taz-pie said:

the problem is that there was a Great Bogapocalypse in about 2005/6 that erased all the old blogs. it was really sad. all that old gold is now gone FOREVER :(

Tonteau

My fave wind up merchant was Fretsel and the Fretsel "lovely ladies" design challenge.

"I accept the Fretsel challenge!"

taz-pie

do any of you old farts remember that one guy who posted pics of some glitzy mall and then complained that there were "maids" wrecking his photo? that really poncy guy?

taz-pie

and then i think someone went into his flickr and found pics of his penis?

(or maybe i dreamt that bit)

littlem

i remember everything. i'm an elephant.

taz-pie

omg his name was hosttime i think?

radiomode
taz-pie said:

Oh wow this write-up is awful

[+duracell-]

lol @ montro calling me a troll

good times

radiomode

I was talking to this one girl over supper. She told me a story when she was interviewing for store attendant at Montblanc store in Singapore and how snobbish the people there. They even asked her whether her parents have enough money to afford their "luxurious" items.

taz-pie

I miss trolololing :( people these days are just not as interesting.

WanderingBert

Bananaphone anyone? Always good for a controversy, but I liked that guy.

d3d

i still chat to him pretty much daily. first time i spoke to him we had a huge fight but neither of us remembers what it was about.

Sam.mk1

lol ! made me laugh :P !! :)

taz-pie

heyyy now heeyyyy! sigh. good times, good times.

SJ27

I think Geewally made a fake account called something like Lacy Tshirt and she'd flirt with him about his underwear. I can't believe a real girl would do that so probably a big fake.

Anyway her avatar was this giant rubber duck. That rubber duck is actually an art installation that travels the world in order to remind us that the ocean is one big interconnected bathtub and we're all sitting here in our own filth.

But it came into Sydney this Summer and reminded me of those old times.

Then I think it went to Hong Kong or something and deflated.

nostalgia

SJ27

Oh remember when we could use ironic hashtags without turning things bold for no reason? Good times.

Goldendust
d3d said:

i still chat to him pretty much daily. first time i spoke to him we had a huge fight but neither of us remembers what it was about.

The thought of two threadfriends chatting on a regular basis warms my heart.

No account?