2013 Submission Thread *Impressionism sub LAST DAY. Oxymoron had the smallest voter turnout I've ever seen!

Doing a submission thread so I can see what I accomplish throughout the year :)

July 2013
07/12/13

Scoring ended 2.88
250 Voters
51 fives
51 ones

Submission Link here

Bigger Image View on Flickr

07/10/13

Loves Oxymoron's Challenge Sub - ended 2.78

Scoring ended 2.78
197 Voters
26 fives
34 ones

Clicky Link Here Light Heavyweight

Submitted this for the Loves Fraggles Competition back in May
Scoring ended 2.69
690 Voters
105 fives
199 ones

May 2013
for big flickr image click here

03/18/13
Ok so there's no more challenges I'm interested in... what should I design next?
What do YOU want to see me try to draw? (nothing vulgar please!) Does anyone even care? hahah
Something Type based? A new pattern? An attempt at a regular tee?

March 2013
Loves Bicycles - Love is a Bumpy Ride 2

Scoring ended 2.75
323 Voters
54 fives
67 ones

Remake of previous sub since I love the message and thought it was super appropriate for the comp.
Redid the bike as Tandem :)

Fall Select Challenge - Joueur de tennis
Scoring ended 2.65
239 Voters
29 fives
63 ones

February 2013
Loves Wittlebee Competition Hello Copter
Scoring ended 2.78
463 Voters
59 fives
93 ones

Siren's Call - from Threadwars Blog Competition
Scoring ended 2.82
308 Voters
34 fives
49 ones

January 2013:
Love is a Bumpy Ride - Original
Scoring ended 2.98
242 Voters
47 fives
42 ones

Watch this
pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Fall Select comp sub & Bicycle comp sub are both now live :D

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

nice work - i'm dragging my way through the select subs at the moment and already passed and scored yours - really like it!

saoirsesushi

some wonderful work. Keep it up!

pyr4lis

Thanks everyone :) I'm excited. I've got a few other ideas in the works but unfortunately due to a personal issue. (I had a good friend pass away in a horrible car accident) I missed some challenge deadlines that I had stuff for and just having been feeling wholly creative the last 2 weeks.

But I'm back on designing again .. or so I'm telling myself...and I'm scrapping pretty much all of my half finished work

pyr4lis

* Correction ..just having been feeling wholly NOT creative the last 2 weeks*...

stupid auto fix

mjas9

Nice work!! i scored it all! can you score mine?

pyr4lis

checked yours out :)

pyr4lis

Having to work in the office Saturday bump! Only a couple of days left on my Select & Bike challenge subs and they're falling off the first 2 pages. :(

pyr4lis

Bump... feeling kinda dry on ideas. I do have one project that I'm working on but it's not really tee shirt related and is pretty big (as in will take me a long time). But I've been doing lots of technical drawing at the office and I'm getting kind of burnt out. I need something "fun" do draw. :D

pyr4lis

Finally Updated lol

Twiggyhall

lots o' good stuff in here, Miss Lori :)

pyr4lis

hehe thanks Twiggy :) I'm trying to finish up my Remake Swapsies right now with Lidjia.. although I'm way past the deadline lol

Twiggyhall

oh man, I know....I need to finish mine, too...eeep! :)

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Going to work on any Select stuff since you seem to have luck in that area? :-)

pyr4lis

I tried but that Ethnic Pattern / Cross Cultural thing has me totally baffled.

I have one idea that might work but it's highly detailed (in my head right now) and trying to get that detail down on paper or in photoshop not going as easily as before.

pyr4lis

Impressionism Sub is up! :D

pyr4lis

Thanks! Last day for my Oxymoron Sub! Any help votes comments appreciated :) Anyways extra love for my Impressionism sub too is welcome! I'll check back and make sure I'll comment back for those with dubs themselves if I havn't already

pyr4lis

Holy hell!! Smallest voter turn out I've ever had! Only 197 total votes for m Oxymoron... sigh that sucks :( and I was so proud of that one too. I'd thought it was one of my best.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I think the problem was that so many of the oxymoron subs were so (oxy)moronic, people got sick of them and never got to the good ones. Le sigh. Your lightest heavyweight was really cool.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I think the impressionism challenge will have the lowest numbers of voters on anything I've subbed to date. Maybe people aren't that interested in the topic?

pyr4lis

Thank Lidjia.. Yeah lots of both of the challenges have a large portion of entries that don't follow the theme. But I can only do what I can to try to help my own designs get a little bit of attention lol.

Very true melmike .. I do think the impressionism challenge will also have a low number of votes. Again there seems to be plenty there too that don't follow the theme.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

honestly it's a really tough subject. I thought briefly about joining but then realised I'd have no idea where to start.

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

I remember ages ago, Threadless asked us if we could think of any challenges. I think I might have said Baseball tees and Impressionism. Really not sure about that, as might have just imagined that. Maybe they just thought of that idea themselves.

Not sure, either way I liked them all. I think Thor might be slightly more populist? popular, although it could go either ways as The Avengers was very popular, but that's a bit old now and it's more about the comic book characters.

I guess tee shirt designs should be popular, but then again it depends how much you want to appeal to the common denominator. I'm sure that the Toy Story and Mickey Mouse Loves were hugely popular, but then again....

pyr4lis

Oh totally. I'm with you Thomas! I love the more unusual challenges like the Selects and Impressionism. I wish I had had time to do something for the Absolut Bottle challenge but I was just too busy then. But I'd love to see more artsy stuff like Impressionism.

I personally get sick of the super main stream stuff like Toy Store or Sponge Bob. Seems so much like little kid stuff to me that I find it unappealing.

But I'm ok with with cool superheros like Ironman and Thor. Thor is the best! heheh but I like the movie more than the comics .. that guy is dreamy :P

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

Yeah, I would have liked to have done a sub for the Absolute one too. Yep. Toy Story and Sponge Bib are for kids really and not of any real interest to me. I quite like Adventure Time tho.

Done a Thor sub, not because he's dreamy though as I'm a man haha. Oh well, better stop agreeing with you as we are in different teams now :)

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Wow, not even 200 voters, that's crazy!

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

Yeah, the licensed character stuff wears on me, too. Not so much for subbing (I don't sub much anyway) but for voting. If I don't know anything/care about Regular Show or Spongebob or whatever then I don't want to soft through hundreds of subs about them.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

I know all it takes is clicking on the pages for the specific challenges, but sometimes that's JUST enough extra effort to turn folks away. Ha.

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

I think it's really criminal how a lot of your designs ended up scoring. They're so much better than the numbers indicate. And this is what I thought before we were platypodes.

pyr4lis

haha thanks all for the nice comments and other stuff ;) that's the way stuff goes though... I'll just keep trying I guess hehe. I would have loved to end a challenge on the first page on either of these.

but I've still got other stuff to work on so its good.

No account?
Join Us