Close
One second...

What to add ?

I don't know what to add.

Watch this
nicemonster171

I do not know what to put or what to fix please leave nice comments.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i don't know whether you've massively down sized it but it's very pixelated. the shape is'nt very well done (those pixelated edges again) and the splats on the mane are unnatural and way too bright. Also, it's really lacking a concept - I don't really see the point of the paint splats? At the moment it looks a bit like to found a silhouette of a horse online, made it look like a unicorn and threw some brush splatters at it

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

that is a pretty awful design, that will defo get rejected. You need to work on your ideas a lot more

nicemonster171

what do i need to add to the design.

AlanBao
AlanBao profile pic Alumni

Gasoline. And then fire.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
AlanBao said:

Gasoline. And then fire.

And then urine

fightstacy
nicemonster171 said:

Six Lens flares, more silhouettes, something from GoMedia, Bling text, a moustache, clouds, glitter, a super detailed drawing of a random face, MORE PAINT SPLATTERS, paint drips, watercolor brushes... ..then it should be perfect!

fightstacy
nicemonster171 said:

Concept.

fightstacy
nicemonster171 said:

Originality.

fightstacy
nicemonster171 said:

Thought.

Killer Napkins

One thing that I noticed that you are doing, that is a big no-no... is re-using the same splat pattern repetitively, without any attempt to try in hiding that it is the same pattern... Especially noticeable in the Mickey Mouse design you have... Splatters are something that you want to have as random and natural as possible, so repeats just severely weaken a design.

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni
mechanicalrobotpower said:
AlanBao said:

Gasoline. And then fire.

And then urine

fightstacy

I whipped this up for three reasons.
1. It took almost no effort, ..it was farted together in two minutes.
2. The paint splatters I used were from the exact same set you used, ..which are free for PERSONAL USE
3. I thought it was funny.

nicemonster171

ok so what should i do should i make the splattered paint come out of his mouth or what.

fightstacy
nicemonster171 said:

ok so what should i do should i make the splattered paint come out of his mouth or what.

yes.

taz-pie

just go home and get into bed. maybe have a wank. forget this place ever existed as you drift into your 13yr old dreams.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

You need to put this one away and start again with something new - there is nothing anyone here can tell you to do to this design that is going to make it good. But before you start again I suggest taking a little time out and browsing the site, and more specifically the printed shirts. Look at what gets printed here and what scores well and try to understand why - it's normally either a great concept, great art or both. At the moment you have neither and there's no point in us telling you what to do when we have no real idea what your art skills are capable of. Look yourself, recognise your limitations and try find your own style that plays to your strengths AND suits the site and go from there.

ZlatkoKelemenic

Here are some tips that u can try:

1. Trace the design inside a vector program (Illustrator or CorelDraw) --- the lines will be more curved and defined, without the wrinkly parts (try doing it by hand and try to be as detailed as possible)

2. Make your own splash effects, draw them on the computer or do it on a paper with ink, scan it at least 300 dpi and vectorize :D...since these splashes that you used, have been used by almost every designer in their begining, you should do your own so that it's more individual and personalised.

3. You should watch out for existing ideas- there's a ton of unicorn based designs, and trying to come up with something original is extra hard, do a little research and try to find some simmillar designs so you can know which are already made.

4. Be creative- this is the hardest yet easiest part. Look into modern art or some refferences of it if you want to do something artistic and unconstrained. Try mixing traditional and digital and see if it works.

Hope that helps :)

nicemonster171

Is this better or should i add the rainbow mane.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

now he just looks like he's sneezing multi coloured snot. honestly, what is the point here that you're trying to get across? this overall isn't working and i don't think you're really listening to a lot of what people have told you in this blog. the lines are still bad, it still looks like a silhouette taken at low res off the internet, the splats are still generic and too bright, it has no artistic merit at and it still has no concept. seriously, i preferred the joke of a cow with rainbow splats coming out of his ass (and no, that is not a suggestion to try that!)

taz-pie

is this guy for real, or are we being trolled?

taz-pie

because seriously. there are people on this site who pour their heart and soul into their craft. they ask questions and push themselves. they are part of the community and are always striving for perfection in their art.

THEN you get this piece of shit. "what should i do." "i dunno what to add." "is this vomiting clipart any good." "i just want the money lol." bullshit. i find it offensive.

nicemonster171
nicemonster171 said:

I do not know what to put or what to fix please leave nice comments.

leave nice comments is the reason why i psted this comment.

fightstacy
nicemonster171 said:

I like the shade of blue you chose for your avatar.

AlanBao
AlanBao profile pic Alumni
nicemonster171 said:

You look nice today. Your hair smells like flowers. Your facial symmetry and proportional bodyshape makes you very conventionally attractive.

Abstract Matter

LOL

How old are you man? If you come in here insulting peoples' craft then they are going to get annoyed at you.

Just because you tell them to 'say nice things to you' doesn't make them obliged to do so. I can see why they're annoyed - you're asking for help on how to make a design better when you don't even care about the design yourself. I know you don't care because of how nonchalantly you just discarded your original idea and decided to 'make the splats come out of its mouth instead'

Where is the thought in that? Where's the art?

What's more annoying is that you think you can come in here, grab some picture from google images, pull down the brightness til' it looks like a silhouette and add some free paint splats that you aren't even allowed to use commercially. And you think that we will accept this and tell you how great you are, and it's insulting that you even think for one second that this is print material...

And the reason I ask how old you are is because I, myself, just turned 18. I'm just a kid to most of the people in here. And yet I put in the effort, both into my work and into my attitude.

What's your excuse?

FlyingMonkeyMan

Went to this tread, saw rainbow unicorn snot.

I'm out

thomas callahan

because REAL artists demand others to practically make their art for them!! Go art!!!!

johnnysPeter

i just farted and it stank.

fightstacy
johnnypeter3535 said:

i just farted and it stank.

Fair point

taz-pie

Johnnypeter at least you don't have rainbow snot coming out of your nose. You should be ok, mang!

unicorndinosaurs
unicorndinosaurs profile pic Alumni
Abstract Matter said:

Hahaha I love it here

Agreed

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

$5

mechanicalrobotpower said:

I whipped this up for three reasons.
1. It took almost no effort, ..it was farted together in two minutes.
2. The paint splatters I used were from the exact same set you used, ..which are free for PERSONAL USE
3. I thought it was funny.

Abstract Matter

Would actually wear Stacy's rainbow-shitting cow design.

5 dorrah

johnnysPeter

I Later learned that my previous fart was not a fart at all, but a multicolored rainbow shart. I done messed my pants.. but it is beautiful.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
nicemonster171 said:

this is my favorite question of all time

taz-pie

It is the lack of punctuation that gets me!

macdoodle
1 design submitted -

More! Moar! Mordor!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Maybe a rabbit with paint coming out of its ears? So many animals, so many orifices!

taz-pie

This still makes me laugh

macdoodle
1 design submitted -

I'm laughing so hard I gots rainbow milk squirting from me nostrils

macdoodle
1 design submitted -

*sp "nose holes"

macdoodle
1 design submitted -

*sp "bum"

taz-pie
Morkki said:

Maybe a rabbit with paint coming out of its ears? So many animals, so many orifices!

hershel

so happy I found this thread

:-)

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

and then they wonder why we don't offer help or just ignored their WIP blogs ...

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

No account?
Join Us