Close
One second...

Halp! Feedback on design?

I've been working and staring at this for far too long. I feel like it's good, but not... ya know, fantastic. Any ideas on how to take the next step up? Sharpen the lines a bit? more detail/shading? Roughen the design on the shirt? I'm at a plateau here, and I'm wondering if this is how far this design will go.

Watch this
dBranes

jillaffe,

I like it! A few suggestions: Use black borders for the letters to make them stand out. Make the letters a bit smaller (or keep the big for full effect.) For inspirations go googling (google.com) or binging (bing.com) for images of "comic book letters". Lastly play with your design! It'll always lead you down interesting new avenues.

Good Luck.

--db

jillaffe

Thanks for the help! I like the idea of coming full circle with comic book lettering; makes my design seem to have more of a point. I'll try some new things and see what happens.

Adilanam

can't see the image

kaitlin.n.larson

I think it's a great idea and design! The only thing that bothers me is Mister Fantastic's neck. It looks a little bizarre. Maybe if you swapped Fantastic and the Human Torch's placement. Then you might be able to show a little more of his neck from the side or something.

jillaffe

Bizarre? haha yeah, drawing this dude has been a pain in the butt. Do you mean I should redraw him, or simply switch the two's places?

moran barkai

i think it's great - it will look better on a dark shirt. doesn't have to be black, but something that will make the text more "readable", something with contrast. and maybe the text could be a bit smaller. good luck!

moran barkai

and after reading the other comments - i have to say that i like the type you used. very classic and the images makes it comics-enough without using a "comics type face". but - if you still choose to do so - NOT (EVER NEVER) with COMICS SANS font! NEVER. :)

kaitlin.n.larson

I think redrawing him would be best. Maybe showing his neck stretched out from a different angle or something.

No account?
Join Us