Close
One second...

What are you reading right now?

In celebration of my excessive book based submissions, lets have a conversation about what youre reading at the mo, as opposed to jyst making a dull promo blog.

I'm currently readin East of Eden for the 2nd time - I'm slightly obsessed with John Steinbeck and this is my favourite of his. It also has happy connotations - it was the first book I finished (of about 100) when we were travelling for 18 months plus we actually went to salinas in California where he's from and had a great experience at the museum and in his old house - some lovely volunteer snuck us in past the restaurant and gave us a quick private tour and history which was fascinating. We rewarded him by buying a first edition Of Mice and Men for about what it cost to feed us for a week!

I'm also very old school in that these days I get my books from the library - except in special circumstances, I don't see why I should pay £8 for a book I'm going to read in 3 days, put on a shelf and then never look at again until I put it in a box to go to charity!

Anyway, that's my dull book story, give me yours and if you so desire, hit up my select subs while you're hear please!

A change in topic for this blog - firstly, thanks for all your help with the book pattern. The result is that I have 6 subs now scoring in the select challenge - your votes and comments much appreciated!
Click each image to score pretty please.

Watch this
NeverBirdDesigns

I really like the designs, it's very hard to choose! Hmm. I like the light blue for the boys, red for the girls and also the multi coloured design. I know it doesn't narrow it down too much hehe.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I like the last one with the little books, the orange one and the cardigan patch. The big multicolor pattern feels a little too busy for me.

theidol

I agree with the last comment! I think a grayscale will fit better! Congrats!

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

Also a monotone version of the last one would be classy

I agree

HopeWish

The multi-colored one, the peach-colored one, and grayscale one.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Thanks for all the opinions so far! Of the three single colour ones (grey, green, blue) which do you guys think is the nicest?

KSAYER
digsy said:

Thanks for all the opinions so far! Of the three single colour ones (grey, green, blue) which do you guys think is the nicest?

I my opinion the nicest is blue, looks really great! Also i love grey, but not green.

unicorndinosaurs
unicorndinosaurs profile pic Alumni

Love the orange on the dress. Not really a fan of it on the men's dress shirt

Josje Godschalk

The multi-coloured one and the red one are great! When you put a dark colour next to a white, the pattern looks too noizy.

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni

i like the color on the dress the best however i wouldnt buy it because im a boy and i dont wear dresses :)

briannalamar

the red for the dress and grey or green for the man's shirt:)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

thanks for all the awesome feedback - i'm going to have to go through the comments with a counter thought to figure it all out!

in the meantime, those of you who said you thought the last one (small separated books) would look good in monochrome - is either of these what you meant and if so, which, if not, what did you mean then!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

thanks guys

i think i might just sub this two or three times - definitely the little separate book pattern both in colour and mono, and then separately i'll sub the block pattern in colour and then, either in the same sub or in a new one, i'll add the single colour version of it too.

or is that ridiculous?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I think it's a good idea to spread out the different versions over a few subs. They are variations of a theme but still different designs.

By the way, have you tried the original multicolor pattern on a necktie?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i have yeah, but it was a terrible mock up - really didn't do it justice. i might give it another go though, thanks

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

ok, so i'm going to sub at least 2 versions of this.

this is the first one as it seems the most popular, just don't know which order to have the slides in as I'm conscious people don't always see a second slide, let alone a third these days so I want to make sure it's as strong as possible.

Erinmk

I really enjoy the multicolor on the entire dress!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

A change in topic for this blog - firstly, thanks for all your help with the book pattern. The result is that I have 6 subs now scoring in the select challenge - your votes and comments much appreciated! Click each image to score pretty please.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

In celebration of my excessive book based submissions, lets have a conversation about what youre reading at the mo, as opposed to jyst making a dull promo blog.

I'm currently readin East of Eden for the 2nd time - I'm slightly obsessed with John Steinbeck and this is my favourite of his. It also has happy connotations - it was the first book I finished (of about 100) when we were travelling for 18 months plus we actually went to salinas in California where he's from and had a great experience at the museum and in his old house - some lovely volunteer snuck us in past the restaurant and gave us a quick private tour and history which was fascinating. We rewarded him by buying a first edition Of Mice and Men for about what it cost to feed us for a week!

I'm also very old school in that these days I get my books from the library - except in special circumstances, I don't see why I should pay £8 for a book I'm going to read in 3 days, put on a shelf and then never look at again until I put it in a box to go to charity!

Anyway, that's my dull book story, give me yours and if you so desire, hit up my select subs while you're hear please!

Alexinho

Really cool I like the paper planes, think it would look cool on a button shirt for guys as well!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Thanks alexinho - if you look at the subs it is actually offered as a men's shirt already - I just didn't want to put all 18 or so pictures from the subs up here!

skever

I also really like Steinbeck! :) I loved Travels with Charlie, it just made me want to go, leave everything behind and hit the road! At the moment I'm reading Keith Richards autobiography. Pretty wild. Brilliant work on all those patterns!! I especially like the paper planes :)

unicorndinosaurs
unicorndinosaurs profile pic Alumni

Just finished Invisible Monsters. Love me some Palahniuk.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I need to look that up - not heard of it. I'm almost done with East of Eden - I've got The Satanic Versus lined up but I think I might want something lighter first, maybe a Pratchet or a Jasper Fforde

Adilanam

Wonderful designs!

No account?
Join Us