Close
One second...

Opinions needed. ..or Opinions Reneeded.

So here's where it was at last time we were here.

It has since been submitted, and since been declined (for issues with the model photo in my presentation)

but I've decided to, instead of correcting the model photo issue, rework it more until it has its best fighting chance.

So if you have further suggestions, ..let's hear them!

Watch this
unicorndinosaurs

no hood. i think i know why you like it, because it does help the composition, maybe put somthin else there? I just don't think I would've known it was a hood. Love the skull helmet/head-dress!!!

TheInfamousBaka
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I'd say if you're going to keep it, make it a whole coat. I really do like the fluff on the inside and think it really helps with the composition.

nickv47

i'd lose it. maybe give some more waviness to the back of your characters neck like how you have it fading out at the bottom.

nickv47

it also looks like it's folding it's arms, and not wearing a fox coat draped around its neck.

mechanicalrobotpower
1 design submitted - Score now!

yeah, I am dropping the hood where it is at the moment, I may try redraw it under the fox, hopefully helping both problems.

parallelish

i like it but i feel like it should have some color, it blends into the bg too much

TheInfamousBaka
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Yes, better! More neck fluff would balance it a bit. :-)

GyleDesigns
parallelish said:

i like it but i feel like it should have some color, it blends into the bg too much

Yeah, I didn't even notice there was a hood until you pointed it out.

Color might help. Otherwise, I'm not sure it's working.

AlanBao

I like it without the hood (unless it's somehow integral to the concept). The black looks smoother without the extra lines and clutter.

mechanicalrobotpower

It's only a little integral to the concept, he's basically wearing all his kills, ..and his hood was made from leather and fleece from two more he's bested, ..but it may have to be ditched in order to help the design

AlanBao

Oh I see... Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed if you hadn't told me. To be honest, the other items he's wearing jump out as obvious trophies, but the fleece and hood just kinda fades into the background (even conceptually, since it's difficult to convey the 'wool' and 'leather' aspects graphically) as part of his clothing.

mechanicalrobotpower
AlanBao said:

Oh I see... Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed if you hadn't told me. To be honest, the other items he's wearing jump out as obvious trophies, but the fleece and hood just kinda fades into the background (even conceptually, since it's difficult to convey the 'wool' and 'leather' aspects graphically) as part of his clothing.

You're spot on I think, ..i'll ditch it entirely.

EZFL

the thing around it's neck... looks like a pretzel.

evyc

I'd save that cool looking hood idea for another design. Maybe a snow bunny in a jacket? Haha i dunno. But the hood looked cool, just didn't suit this particular design.

mechanicalrobotpower
xiv said:

the thing around it's neck... looks like a pretzel.

It's a pretzel'd up victim.

beardy tees

Maybe keep the hood but to make it stand out more make it little red ridding hoods coat(maybe with a few fresh teeth holes in it) would be a cool add to the kill count.

thomas callahan

I was totally confused about which end was which of the fox until you added the eye. I think they hood added some balance but it still looked a little awkward. I think he pretzel fox is messing up the hood, also.

mike bautista

I like this. looks like you got it all figured out already.

Poeha

These voodoopriests/cavemen/indians are often pictured wearing a skullhat and then they have fur coming out of the skull as a cape. I can't find a picture of it. I guess it kinda looks like having a bear/wolf-fur on your head with a bare skull. couldn't find a better picture; but maybe it will inspire you or something

For the rest; I really love this!

Wharton

Sorry I missed this one. It looks great, love the idea.

robman22

Hey Mechanical! love it, I noticed you just submitted already, so good luck!

L-M-N-O-P

I like it exactly as is now.

mechanicalrobotpower
L-M-N-O-P said:

I like it exactly as is now.

And I like you exactly as you are now

unicorndinosaurs

should the foxtail be laying down? i mean I enjoy it's current attitude, but isn't it dead?

No account?