Close
One second...

What do you think about my Fantastic Four design sketch?

I did a quick sketch of a composition that was in my head and then I finished off most of the ink stage. I'm still thinking about how to fill in the background, but my idea would be something related to space and stars. The working title of the art would be just "Fantastic!" I'd like to know what do you people think of my design for this contest at this stage.

Thank you for everyone's attention!

Watch this
nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

looks pretty dope. you coloring it in more?

theidol

Yeah! I forgot to mention that! I will still coloring this design! This is just the inks over the pencil sketch ;-)

Thanks for the support!

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

WOW

chasing_chimera

It's GREAT! Just, I feel, there could be a clearer distinction between mr. fantastic and the thing. But that'll probably come by itself after colouring?

theidol

Yeah, probably this distinction will be apparent after being colored!

Thanks for the support! :-D

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

looks great

theidol

Thanks!! :-)

Proteus111

VERY TITE!!! Nice work!!

dBranes

Cool design. F4's one of my favorites. Only suggestion I would make is to have the Thing more in his own space. He's a bit too close to Mister Fantastic. Are you going for B/W are are you going for full color?

Good Luck.

ogyu_808

Nice!!!

theidol

It will be fully colored! Thanks for the suggestion! :-)

iCeM@n

love it

theidol

Thanks everyone!! :-)

lifeform987
lifeform987 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

awesome! can't wait to see the colored version.

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

It looks great. What's with the light blue circle?

theidol

This circle is just a "circular composition"... It's for getting a background range or something like that. It's just a roughly black & white art at this point. I'll post my last modifications soon! Thanks everyone! :-)

jjaurili

Very detailed and impressive! Looking forward to seeing the final mods.

mechanicalrobotpower
mechanicalrobotpower profile pic Alumni

Lookin rad, ..I would suggest moving Mr. Fantastic to the left, and removing the overlap with The Thing, ..either that, or bringing The Human Torch and Sue in as well, ..there's a little disconnect with the four of them, ..it suggests an overall feel of three.

StevenLefcourt

its got a very J Scott Campbell Danger Girl vibe going on, I dig it.

Adilanam

It's fantastic! ;D The style is great. But ya, I guess The Thing and Mr. Fantastic are too close and feel seperate, and if you think about it they're the two characters that are bigger, unless you would include the flame of the Human Torch

Jules89

Great composition! Can't wait to see it in color.

For me, the perspective on the invisible woman looks a little odd I think is the legs position; they are in a regular angle but the rest of her body and face looks like from a high angle, if you were looking a regular eye-level view maybe she just needs a longer torso to look more proportional. I don't know maybe is just me.

theidol

Thanks for the advice! I will post an update for this design soon. You guys are helping me a lot! :-)

theidol

Hello, everyone!

This is the final product. I sent the template and am awaiting Threadless approval. Many thanks to everyone who helped me with advice and compliments. Big hug and thank you! :-)

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Wow, great looking design. If it is still possible (I am not sure how you created this) I might raise the thing up, so his fists are higher than Torch's, and push him towards the Torch a little. This would make the composition less square and break Thing apart from Mr Fantastic. It looks awesome no matter what you do, just offering an opinion.

unicorndinosaurs
unicorndinosaurs profile pic Alumni
Musarter said:

Wow, great looking design. If it is still possible (I am not sure how you created this) I might raise the thing up, so his fists are higher than Torch's, and push him towards the Torch a little. This would make the composition less square and break Thing apart from Mr Fantastic. It looks awesome no matter what you do, just offering an opinion.

Agreed! Nice work!

Free Imagination

This is amazing, tho I do agree with above, and maybe it is its just me but it looks like her left leg is positioned a little funny. Maybe to much inward. Other then that well done!

theidol

Thanks! :-)

tager01

Nice work!!!

DELEONFIRE

awesome man! This is comic cover quality. cool!

No account?