Close
One second...

Not cool.

While Googling myself (don't judge), I found this site selling my "Talking Penguin" on apparel without authorization. They even helped themselves to the Threadless model photos.

I already let Threadstaff know, but you guys might want to check in case there are other Threadless designs there I didn't recognize... saw the the ninja cat, and I just noticed the clown puking a rainbow there too...

http://barmanshop.com.ua

Watch this
Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Ugh, these people.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

Grody.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Jeez people fucking suck. Even have your name up there to make it look legit. That sucks man.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

They sell some real classy stuff

Like this!

Oh haha. Wow.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

Yeah, it's great if you want a shirt with Robbie Williams on it and a Jagermeister watch from a single store.

Twiggyhall

douchebags :(

DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

haha, right - it's one thing to take $$ out of my pocket (or Threadless' pocket), but it's another thing to have me associated with designs you'd get at a Times Square souvenir shop...

unicorndinosaurs
unicorndinosaurs profile pic Alumni

ughhhh grossss. Friggin' thieves

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

This people make me sick. Wish I was some kind of hacker and knew how to infect their site with a grow conscience and some respect kind of virus

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

lame!

lalelushirts

using the threadless model photos is particularly rich. btw, where do i get those? do I have to be an alumni?

DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

where do you get the threadless model photos? they do a shoot for the tees that are printed, but they also have blank ones available for mocking up somewhere i think... not sure where anymore, but i bet someone else on the blogs will chime in and point you directly to it...

Mexiblunt

Oh well, look at the bright side, out of all the things they could steal they thought yours was worth the risk!

lalelushirts

yeah I mean those to mock up. In the template section when uploading there are only tee-templates, none with actual people..

Tanya Lea

is a ukraine site it appears, you might not get a response from them? pilfering is unfortunately common in some countries like that

DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

lalelushirts: not sure where they are myself, but for sure someone on the blogs has a link or something... hoping someone will chime in, or if you start a new thread about it someone will hook you up! anyone?

emeryg
emeryg profile pic Alumni

Bastards - they even credited you with the design like you've endorsed it!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Not cool

lalelushirts

oh thank you guys! will look into that flickr group for my next submissiona!

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

so not cool

Ian-S
Ian-S profile pic Alumni

If it's on the internet some people will think they can take it for free and get away with it. It'd be nice if we could round them all up, put them in a canon and fire them into space!

DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

thx for commiserating everyone! i can't believe lindsey lohan stole my design!

DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

update: just revisited the site that's been "borrowing" designs. i think they removed talking penguin, the ninja cat, and the clown puking a rainbow.

so maybe the threadless legal team went over there and threw some elbows?

but now the sneaky f-ers have whiskey tango foxtrot on their site: http://barmanshop.com.ua/product/futbolka-whiskey-tango-foxtrot/

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

The bastards. Curiously they went through the trouble of putting an outline on WTF. It's like they're almost trying to be legit!

hershel
soloyo said:

This people make me sick. Wish I was some kind of hacker and knew how to infect their site with a grow conscience and some respect kind of virus

:-)

another question, besides of that shameful go-and-fuck-someone-over mentality... Do their shirts and stuff not look awkwardly pixelated and so on because they do not have the original file?

hershel

^ does their stuff....look..." arrr..forgive ze crab for ze bad grammar, ze crab haz stopped to care abouta grammar

DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

herschel: you're prob right... i certainly didn't give them a file.

morkki: haha, right! that was their take-away from a company (apparently) catching them stealing designs... you still have the balls to steal from them again, but you make an insignificant change.

No account?
Join Us