Close
One second...

Looking for Feedback on Mickey Mousetache

I'd love some feedback on my design for the Mickey Mouse contest if anyone would like to give it. I've entered these contests before and this is the first time I've been declined, so it kind of threw me for a loop. It certainly wasn't a ground breaking idea, but I thought it was fun.

By the way, I had submitted this before any of the other Mickey Mousetache designs were posted - such as this one: http://www.threadless.com/mickey/mickey-mousetache/. Still, might that have influenced the decision here?

Thank you in advance.

Watch this
m_baboon
m_baboon profile pic Alumni

Added image

NeverBirdDesigns

I think there are a few reasons why the image was declined. Firstly, I think it lacks originality, as you have admitted yourself. I think the silhouette of all the mickey's combined doesn't resemble a moustache very much, either. But it's the brown colour choice that lets the piece down the most. It makes the moustaches... not look like moustaches, if you know what I mean. Especially if they were viewed from a distance.

Anyway, I would suggest rethinking their placement, the colour choices, and cut out a few of the mickeys as there are too many imo. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad idea or concept, I just think it could've been executed a bit better :)

tatyana.skripnikova

Sorry but this is crap. Design should be pleasure to look at. And moustache-themed designs have to look fancy!

m_baboon
m_baboon profile pic Alumni

Thank you NeverBirdDesigns for the constructive criticism.

No account?
Join Us