Close
One second...

Threadstaff !!!! Comments are disappearing from the voting pages

I noticed this morning that comments are dissapearing from the comment pages.

First I noticed a bunch of comments taken off form the voting page of my collab with Palitosci and then just to make sure I checked some of the designs I voted and commented for last night.
It looks like all designs have only a few comments on them, most of the comments seem to have gone away!!!!

see the first comment, It has been cut away.

Watch this
mip1980

Oh wow, I thought people were not commenting on my work cos they thought it was shit......oh wait :-(

Good call though, I guess its a coding bug in the site

Mantichore

that would explain a lot... I got only one comment on one of my designs, it would be cool if it was due to a bug :p

craquehaus

Nestor - looks like they just didn't load all the way. That first comment is buried about 15 down and your description isn't at the top in that screenshot

Also in your screenshot - does that design have 3500 likes?

craquehaus

...and why do you use AOL mail? :)

soloyo-collabs
craquehaus said:

hehehehehe I have too many contact to change my account now. Either way one day AOL will be cool again. I figured that I am ahead of the curve on that.

voodazz

Aha! So a coding bug and not my sheer lack of talent is the reason for my lack of comments!

Sigh.... aw who am I kidding... lol

unicorndinosaurs
craquehaus said:

literal LOL

unicorndinosaurs

only 8 more days 'til the first group of winners!

Dan Yingling

My guess is that it's an issue with Internet explorer. Everything looks ok in Safari and Chrome.

ps. i just accidentally posted this as a comment on your submission...need more coffee...

Mantichore

so that means my design is crap after all?

Dan Yingling

Your design is awesome.

soloyo-collabs
Dan Yingling said:

My guess is that it's an issue with Internet explorer. Everything looks ok in Safari and Chrome.

ps. i just accidentally posted this as a comment on your submission...need more coffee...

Damn Internet Explorer, I am using the computer at work and I can only go on line using IE . I can't work under this conditions.

Mantichore
Dan Yingling said:

Your design is awesome.

you are awesome But seriously, maybe it's just getting completely lost in the huge pool of submissions. There were like 100+ new sock designs this morning...

voodazz
Mantichore said:
Dan Yingling said:

Your design is awesome.

you are awesome But seriously, maybe it's just getting completely lost in the huge pool of submissions. There were like 100+ new sock designs this morning...

That's a very good point. I have seen a lot of great designs get a surprisingly low number of votes and comments which is a shame.

Poeha

It's also not counting. If you click on my name you'll see that all my subs have 0 comments. In fact they do have comments.

dhendy
dhendy profile pic Staff
Poeha said:

It's also not counting. If you click on my name you'll see that all my subs have 0 comments. In fact they do have comments.

Looking into this now, thanks for the heads up!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff
1 design submitted - Score now!
craquehaus said:

soloyo-collabs
jeffreyg said:
craquehaus said:

5 years from now everyone will be back on AOL, Myspace and platform shoes, mark my words, I have seen the future and it's just like the past

Dan Yingling

I loved Myspace. Still the best one.

craquehaus

...and probably in ten years I'll have craquehaus098324@compuserve.com

nickv47

scoring is working great on netscape when i searched for it in altavista.

soloyo-collabs
craquehaus said:

...and probably in ten years I'll have craquehaus098324@compuserve.com

What you mean probably???

omnibob8

I'm using firefox and I'm having the same issues. One comment showing on my sub, but it says I have no comments on my profile. It also says the last comment I left was from two years ago... :(

Oh, and that I have 3.5 million likes on facebook. :P

soloyo-collabs
omnibob8 said:

I'm using firefox and I'm having the same issues. One comment showing on my sub, but it says I have no comments on my profile. It also says the last comment I left was from two years ago... :(

Oh, and that I have 3.5 million likes on facebook. :P

That facebook friends figure might be accurate

No account?