Close
One second...

Treasure map to your heart

Thought of this in bed yesterday, thought I'd sketch it this morning and see what you guys think about it.
Idea should be clear, right?

I'm just missing one 'location' on the map. Was thinking about some monsters (those old treasure maps need some monsters right?), Beasts of emotion, something like that. But it doesn't quite fit.. It needs to be a logical process in the step of getting into someones heart.
You wash up on the shores of acquaintance (become friends), something happens, you go through thick and thin together, you enter their circle of trust and if you manage to avoid the abyss of just friends you will reach the place where you will find riches beyond your imagination.

So yeah, what could I use for the missing step?

Text n stuff is just temporary, this is just the sketchy sketchy phase.

Watch this
Demented
Demented profile pic Alumni

Oh and I forgot to mention, the heart is going to be a city, with thick walls surrounding it. Right now it's empty, but just imagine a city there.

evyc

I really like the idea

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

good idea, maybe add "the friendzone"?

Demented

Thank you! It's there, I just named it the abyss of just friends. :) Maybe I could place the abyss of just friends as the missing step, with a dodgy bridge across it. Sounds like it makes sense, right? If you manage to cross the abyss of just friends thus avoiding the friendzone, you can journey on.

Demented

Something like this:

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Brilliant idea! Could there be a rival too? Like a dark knight or something. Only really handsome.

-Wheeler-

This is a great idea! Looking forward to seeing your end result!

Poeha
Poeha profile pic Alumni

I love the idea! And the idea's given here are also awesome! I think the abyss of just friends should be as last though. Normally you do and share everyhting with a girl, and then, at the last moment, she says that you are her best friend and goes out with handsome McJerkface.

Really looking forward to where this is going! If it's not working here, you should definately try it on some greeting card challenge websites.

Demented

Yeah I was debating that with myself too. Where should the abyss be.. You raise a valid point. My thoughts were along the line of the fact that people decide real early on in getting to know someone whether or not they're relationship material. But you're right, the moment you hear this news is always right before you think you've reached your goal. So yeah it might make a bit more sense at the end of the route.

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

maybe several routes, and only one 'right' way?

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

How about a dragon = meeting the parents.

evyc

Hahaha. I've never understood why guys dread meeting the parents. I love meeting parents. They always love me.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

I love it, very poetical

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

This is looking very promising

Demented

Worked on it a bit more. Thinking I should make the locations a bit bigger so they are clearer.

Of course, text hasn't been added yet ('cept at the bottom to check how I'd do it), and I splashed some colors on there sloppily.

Demented

Yeah, bit more simple works better. I get too caught up in details sometimes.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

its looking ace so far, keep it up :-)

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

This is coming out great

Luke...
Luke... profile pic Alumni

looking good, super idea. i kinda like the more detailed version... perhaps a happy medium

Poeha
Poeha profile pic Alumni

I love the detail! I like it when you can stare at something for a really long time and still discover new things.

HopeWish

I like the way everything is arranged on the last blue line drawing. Awesome idea, and I like the new details, it's just the way the different locations are arranged on the map that throw me off.

Demented

Right now it looks like this:

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Looking Great

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Looking good.

HopeWish

Awesome! Much better. I'd totally go for that design. :D

-Wheeler-