Close
One second...

Recent GAP Prints?

Anyone know what's happening with the GAP & Threadless?

I've had about 6 designs selected to date for the GAP store with "MUSIC BARS" being printed in December (or so I've been told) I can't find any trace of recent winners being announced here on Threadless or nothing on the GAP website either - I was also told that the GAP usually send the winner a free sample shirt but I haven't seen anything - I can't even promote the design and help increase sales cas I don't have any links or reference to the design?

Anyone else get a recent payment from The GAP in December? Does Threadless still collaborate with the GAP or is that soooo last year? Any info would be great...

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
Andreas Mohacsy
Andreas Mohacsy profile pic Alumni

it's a one sided relationship, i give them a picture and they don't return my calls:(

emeryg
emeryg profile pic Alumni

Haha Andreas we've all been in that movie! Anyone else got the inside scoop or been printed but not seen anything?

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

I KNOW THE ANSWERS BUT I'M NOT ALLOWED TO SAY UNTIL THREADLESS ANNOUNCES IT OFFICIALLY.

sigh I want to explode so bad!

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
JordanLBender said:

I KNOW THE ANSWERS BUT I'M NOT ALLOWED TO SAY UNTIL THREADLESS ANNOUNCES IT OFFICIALLY.

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni
JordanLBender said:

Sounds not good!

Jordan_Bender

Not a bad thing really. :) the funny thing is the shirts are already being sold. Idk why threadless hasn't announced it yet.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

Probably just lost track of it with all the other 843427 challenges

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
JordanLBender said:

Not a bad thing really. :) the funny thing is the shirts are already being sold. Idk why threadless hasn't announced it yet.

where, i can't see anything new online. are they in store?

Jordan_Bender

Yup in certain stores I believe. Bought some on Monday.

Farnell
Farnell profile pic Alumni

I had one launch in december too, for men - it is called 'The Gin' and is available online, also got told that I have had another selected for women, but this hasn't come out yet. Assume they are doing another launch soon then.

When I had my seahorse shirt printed last year , I got sent about 10 shirts, but apparently they are not sending out shirts anymore to winners.

soloyo
JordanLBender said:

What? I went to Gap on Fryday to take pictures for the Spoiler blog and I saw none. I will check back again this coming Friday

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
JordanLBender said:

seeing they're out there in the public domain, would you be able to share with us which ones you saw in store?

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

I'm curious to see if mine was selected. I doubt it though.

Farnell

If you have one selected you will know about it.

micheleficeli

Has anyone been asked for patterns from Threadless+Gap recently? I was, but never received confirm from them using it, and the deadline on the contract for them to use it is passed. Are you in similar situations?

Farnell

if you get a shortlisted design selected for print you will be told

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Also you should get an email when the 180 days has passed

emeryg

Wow ok so this is happening I wasn't sure if it was just my design that slipped through the cracks as threadless also told me it was on sale in stores but I couldn't find any evidence of it! Also if your design has been selected and 180 day period has lapsed there's still a chance be it slim that ur design will be printed but best to drop Dan a line and ask for an update! I've had 4 emails to tell me that some of my original designs that were selected have since been dropped which is a bugger but @ least I now know and can get off my knees and stop praying!

Looking forward to an "official announcement" on this sometime soon & sorry Threadless if I spilt the beans but I guess if its in stores everyone already knows;)

micheleficeli

^Oh, i'll email Dan asap. Actually i sent an email to Rachel some time ago, but never got a reply. I'l try asking again. Thanks for the tips.

@Morkki: do you mean that you should get it if it's selected or if it's rejected?

emeryg

Ragnampiza - you'll be notified by email if its excepted but you'll have to request a notification if its rejected

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I had two designs shortlisted and 180 days later got an email that they weren't picked. I didn't request any notification about them either. Funny thing is, one of them was printed by Threadless anyway!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

so has anyone else seen these yet?

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Yeah, I also got an email saying I wasn't selected, when the 180 days passed. Fricking long time to wait :P

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

This bl

soloyo

I went to 2 stores on Friday and they didn't have any new shirts. I could try to stop by a Gap store this coming week and see if they are available by then.

soloyo

I went to 2 stores on Friday and they didn't have any new shirts. I could try to stop by a Gap store this coming week and see if they are available by then.

Jordan_Bender
soloyo said:

I know they're for sale in some stores cause I bought them the DAY they came out. Two of them are mine... :)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Yeah you've mentioned already, I was still hoping though that someone like yourself who has them in a store nearby could show the rest of us while we wait for an official announcement.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I remember getting an email or two about being a finalist or something along those lines for a Gap print... never heard anything after that.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I was also meant to say congrats on two picks - were they both kids?

emeryg

Well it seems Farnell, Killer Smile & Jordan have also been printed - but what's happening Threadless? I didn't get any email to hush-up or that there'd be a big announcement I just got the usual congrats and confirmation then a payment in December and then nothing. I had to ask Dan@threadless when they would be available at which point I was told they're were already instore - are we going to see these for sale online? Do we get credited with a Threadless print if the Gap prints it? Is there going to be an announcement sometime soon? would be great to know what's happening...

Farnell

yeah it is weird, one of mine is online but wasn't part of any big launch ( The Gin) but the other one hasn't come out yet online. Unsure if it is in stores yet. Don't think there will be any more big launches though , I think they will just go online as and when, as my recent one didn't even have a model wearing it, it was just pic of the t-shirt. Still really cool though, but less promotion going on now

emeryg

Cheers Farnell & congrats on both wins! Shame there's not more hype as it would help with sales. I wonder if the venture with Threadless & GAP hasn't come to an end & maybe it was just a 12mth contract or something? Also I see you haven't been credited with either win but I'm not sure if any of the GAP prints show up on the artist profile as a Threadless win?

Farnell

no,Threadless don't show your gap print on your stats - I think it is because they are only sold by Gap. Real shame though.

I had a nother print for gap last year ( enchantment under the sea) so had 3 wins - was loads of hype back then and got sent 10 shirts and loads of activity of facebook etc, even saw a girl on Vampire Diaries wearing it - couldn't believe my eyes.

But I think it is coming to an end as it is all very quiet both on Gap and Threadless.

soloyo

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Awesome! I see mine! I found it online already but as girls only, didn't know it was in store and for guys too. Then again I haven't heard officially that its out at all so maybe that's still coming?!

Thanks for the pics nestor

soloyo
digsy said:

Awesome! I see mine! I found it online already but as girls only, didn't know it was in store and for guys too. Then again I haven't heard officially that its out at all so maybe that's still coming?!

Thanks for the pics nestor

You welcome, there's more pictures on my flickr account. They told me that they will be displaying some girls shirts tomorrow but I won't stop by the Gap store until next week to make sure I didn't miss anything. Hope that's OK with everyone

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

NO!!! I want you there at 9am tomorrow to take a selection of personal snaps of my shirt, just for me! OK!!!!!

soloyo

LOL

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

That's crazy. I knew mine was coming because I asked back in jan just before the 180 day contract was up. Was told it would be out last month but that's the last I heard - so while I didn't know it was out already I'm not massively surprised. You must be very surprised though! Confirmation would be nice though!

emeryg

Nice one Nestor great to get an insite peek @ US GAP stores - its bit far for me to travel from Oz! Still can't see my design MUSIC BARS so don't know where thats ended up??? Dandingeroz thats the weirdest thing ever - did you send Threadless artwork & I'm guessing you haven't been paid either? Also congrats Digsy on your print, pretty cool collection yet again from Threadless + GAP + ALL OF US!

soloyo

I will stop by the Gap store on Friday just in case I miss anything.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

Nestor is so good :)

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

Oh no! Skunked again... Not my year with Threadless

Jordan_Bender

Here are the Gap Kids winners. Me and temyongsky. I took these pics the day they came out, I think Feb 15? I did a workshop in the Gap store about a week later to "celebrate it" I guess? It was the store's idea! LOL

This is my daughter. "When I Grow Up" is a toddler boy tee, "Elephant Love" is a girls tee. Unsure about temyongsky's.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

congrats Jordan, both on the design and that gorgeous little girl you've got there! I got my official confirmation email today - apparently my design will be in stores "this month" (yep, i know) and I shall be paid soon! yay!

Farnell

Two of my designs were selected one called 'the Gin' the other 'Rosewood', the Gin is online but Rosewood isn't yet. Don't suppose you could try and get photos of these please Nestor, if you are going to the store?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?