Close
One second...

Declined Mickey Mouse sub. Rules have changed.

So, this was declined. Because apparently Walt Disney is a "character" that isn't allowed. Which they've now since added to the rules. But i'm a bit pissed, because this took a freakin long time and was really pleased with how it came out.

I wish we were allowed to push the creative boundaries more with these sponsored (Disney owned) contests, especially one that's offering such big prize money.

Anyway. Observe it here, because there's nothing else I can do with it. Actually, maybe i'll just make Walt Disney in to a different character or an old version of Mickey mouse. Weaker concept, but whatever.

Watch this
digsy

Old version of mickey drawing new or vice versa would actually be quite nice. This is a good piece of work, I feel your frustration :-(

evyc

Maybe you could turn Walt into more of a mysterious silhouette of an artist drawing mickey.

evyc

Darken the face or something?

carlyberry

ahhh this ones really great :(

johnnysPeter
1 design submitted - Score now!

Really great design and idea!! That is such a bummer that they set those rules like that because it takes wonderful designs like this one and renders it useless in its current form. This is a winner my friend, do what you have to do to change it up but what a great design im gunna hate to see it get changed, but i think u will still come up with a really solid design. Cheers my friend!

skever

Yeah, you definitely should do something for this to get accepted, because it's a great piece :)

WanderingBert

Thanks for the thoughts guys - putting Walt in shadow could be a good way of doing it.

Twiggyhall

Bummer :( This really is lovely

WanderingBert

I worked and reworked Walt's face so many times to get it right, it's a pity i'll have to get rid of it. But good practice for something i'm not that great at.

I'll figure out a way to get it working. At least there's still plenty of time left on the competition.

Dan Yingling

It hurt to not be able to accept this.

kimkong1014
8 designs submitted - Score now!

What? Try to resub again man! Maybe just a mistake? This is absolutely amazing! I can see what hard work you put into this.

WanderingBert

It's ok Dan. I know you guys have to fit around what Disney wants as well. I guess I interpreted the "no other characters" part at the time to mean no other Disney cartoon characters.

Could you tell me if it would be ok if I made him as shadows, instead of a recognisable person?

Sarcasticatbest

It's super awesome, it has to be tweaked and subbed.

voodazz
evyc said:

Maybe you could turn Walt into more of a mysterious silhouette of an artist drawing mickey.

That's actually a really good idea. YOINK! :)

voodazz
digsy said:

Old version of mickey drawing new or vice versa would actually be quite nice. This is a good piece of work, I feel your frustration :-(

That's a good idea, too! YOINK again!

biotwist

all these Disney sponsored contests suck... soon we will get a shitty starwars contest

OwlsOnTheBrain

I agree, this is rad. I love how Mickey looks more real than drawn-Walt. :)

craquehaus

This is phenomenal - but I don't see the fair use in making this a commercial product.

Aji ontowiryo

actually i had the same idea, now i'm feeling lucky i didn't execute it :P

Dan Yingling
WanderingBert said:

It's ok Dan. I know you guys have to fit around what Disney wants as well. I guess I interpreted the "no other characters" part at the time to mean no other Disney cartoon characters.

Could you tell me if it would be ok if I made him as shadows, instead of a recognisable person?

Yes. That will be ok.

No account?