Close
One second...

I'm a Mac now

I got a macbook recently! Apple's not completely new to me, I use macs at school. But I'm still getting a hang of it. a lot of things are so convenient but a lot of things are foreign to me. like just putting my laptop to sleep? that's cool.

does anyone have any cool tips and tricks? what apps should I get? how do I keep it safe? can my macbook make paninis?

let's mac talk.

Watch this
littlem

big mac

Chipmnk

Your Mac is your wife.

ImAGoldenGod

I would have some cool tips and tricks if I still had mine. Here's one tip...don't let ANYONE touch it. My husband left mine on the roof of our car. It got run over by a semi =/

I'm still bitter

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I can't really think of any tips, I've been using macs all the time I've used computers.

This is quite cool, it lets you configure gestures and stuff on your trackpad. http://www.boastr.de

It, also called better touch tool, and it's worth a mention for that alone.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Being a Windows user, I would just hit the shortcut for Exposé all day. I used a Mac at my old job and that was my favorite thing.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

here's a tip: make an apple ID, and gift any music, apps, tv shows and movies to stacyeyles@gmail .corn

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

does that say corn

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

.com is out, it's all about .corn now

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

.corn is all the rage now.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I prefer to use .maize instead.

fightstacy
1 design submitted -

you don't have a .corn? i'm so 2008, you're so 200Late.

6of15

Learn keyboard shortcuts:

?+tab = cycle through open programs (similar to ctrl+tab) option+e,u,i = ´,¨,ˆ (which allows you to add an accent mark over a letter, like é. option+(letter/punctuation/number) or option+shift+(letter/punctuation/number) = similar things you could type via Windows for with alt codes

Design Apps: Color Oracle = allows you to temporarily view things to simulate color deficiencies LittleIpsum = neat quickbar app for Lorem Ipsum text

6of15

(cmd)+tab for the first thing.

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

Yes, you can make paninis with your macbook. It's a well kept secret that macbooks are actually George Foremans. Just put some bread on the keyboard, close the laptop, and PRESTO! Now you enjoy delicious panini.

fightstacy
1 design submitted -
valorandvellum said:

Yes, you can make paninis with your macbook. It's a well kept secret that macbooks are actually George Foremans. Just put some bread on the keyboard, close the laptop, and PRESTO! Now you enjoy delicious panini.

Lies!!

You place bread on the keyboard, followed by toppings (prefereably .corn), then another hunk of bread.. then close it up, ...then put the entire assembly into a panini press.

No account?