something is not quite right...

Whenever I see someone with more than 50 scored submissions, ..but their score average is an even number, ...I get suspicious, ..and I make shifty eyes.

Watch this
ChrisDB

also, is the number divisible by 5!?

littlem

maths is harrrrdddd

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

I've seen a lot of "WEIRDOHEAD aka William Eirdohead is a 47.22 year old boy? has been a part of the Threadless community for 3 months! weirdohead has scored 114 submissions, giving an average score of 2.00, helping 0 designs get printed."

Then my eyes get shifty!

Twiggyhall

" William Eirdohead" ftw

Martin Freeman as Watson also ftw

carlyberry

All the shifty eyes on this thread make me anxious o.O

craquehaus

It's amazing what you can make drewski do with a laser pointer...

-Cringe-

hey! i was wondering, what's stopping people from making multiple accounts and vote themselves 5 to death? How does threadless keep check of that?

For example for my first sub i will ask all my friends to vote for me, and even if they don't have an account, they will create one just to support me. Won't these new accounts created only to vote for me raise suspicion?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
Fruityfructis said:

hey! i was wondering, what's stopping people from making multiple accounts and vote themselves 5 to death? How does threadless keep check of that?

For example for my first sub i will ask all my friends to vote for me, and even if they don't have an account, they will create one just to support me. Won't these new accounts created only to vote for me raise suspicion?

Threadstaff does have tools for checking suspicious scores just like that. People do try it from time to time but they get caught. Don't worry! Also, I think everyone has at least a few friends and family members who only vote for their subs. It's okay, as long as they don't go out of their way to give everyone else a 1.

And about those suspicious average scores, I think the counter is just broken. At least for people who signed up after beta launched.

kenneth.bicocchi

i really hope there could be an IP security system or something like that. By the way i'm not a web developer to know this stuff deeply. If i was one, know i would be somewhere else trying to sell wordpress templates :D

kenneth.bicocchi

by the way i have an even number of scoring me too. but i don't know why because i really think to be very various and i always try to comment anything....

kevlar51

haha, I recently had an even score--when I saw it I went out of my way to quickly un-even it.

Steger
Steger profile pic Alumni
craquehaus said:

It's amazing what you can make drewski do with a laser pointer...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. best. ever. Thanks for the genuine laugh this morning craquehaus.

craquehaus

What can I say? I aim to please. :)

No account?
Join Us