Close
One second...

Poopfactory - Critique needed - WITTLEBEE

As child I had this crazy fetish where I would draw a factory for everything. Rats, pinguins, baby's.. It's strange I haven't become a factoryworker.
I used one of them for the wittlebee collection. The poopfactory. Since baby's are poopfactories.

The wittlebee challenge description suggests my design should be cute. I'm not good at cute.
I tried the following, but it didn't work out as I hoped.

I was hoping some people here could give me tips to make it more likeable.Cuter. So the idea itself will become cuter and less lame. Thanks

Watch this
Forest Butane

Ha, I guess if you're works naturally 'cute' then you shouldn't bother with briefs that require it. I love that illustration by the way! and would have loved it even more when I was 5 years old. Are you familiar with the artist Wim Delvoy? He actually made a working poo machine!! Check it out!

Poeha

Apparently I was familiair with Wim Delvoye. I've seen those pigs in an exhibition. Never remembered the name though. That poop factory :') I wonder if he managed to make it smell the same :')

Nah I know, I probably will not sub it. It's not that I can;t do cute, I'm just really appaled with cute things. kawaiiiiii ^-^. and such. If I make something cute I'm ashamed of it. Can't seem to get over it.

Poeha

Still want to try though.

Forest Butane

I know what you mean. I'm not a fan of the cute either. Yesterday I drew a bowl of tits.

Yes, apparently it did stink of poo.

Forest Butane

Maybe its just best to steer clear of poo when trying to design something cute. You can quote me on that.

Poeha

You have experience with that? Besides being an avid tit drawer you also have a thing for poo? :')

Forest Butane

I try and keep it to a minimum of 1 tit drawing a week (although some weeks I draw more) My therapist is pretty good.

Poeha

Geez that's harsh. A man should deffinately be able to draw 2 tits. Otherwise it's just wrong.

carlyberry

I love your poop factory design! And I know you said you're not good with cute (and I know it is a design about poop) but I find it really cute! It's not like you went in and added grotesque detail to each poo pile, although that would have been sweet hah. I also like the concept behind it that babies are poop machines xD good concept, design, execution and composition.

thefeeb

I think it's brilliant. It's as cute and adorable as I'd like to see.

Poeha

Well hmmmz. This is unexpected. Apparently I have no knowledge about cute. haha! Thanks for the comments. I am going to let them simmer.

Poeha

Well hmmmz. This is unexpected. Apparently I have no knowledge about cute. haha! Thanks for the comments. I am going to let them simmer.

craquehaus

I want to see more factories.

Poeha

oh wait... you guys ARE talking about the 1st design right? :P

Aji ontowiryo

i like the 2nd one, sparkling poops

Goldendust

Lol, this is probably the best poop design ever.

GoldenGod02

Yes you definitely achieved cuteness with your poop. The painting of the poop is my fave =)

carlyberry

I was talking about the first one :p

Poeha

hahaha good. Allthough I could understand if it was nummero 2, since it's fabolicous.

MooseFever

T-shirt technology has not advanced far enough for the second design to be printed. I am, however, working on a prototype, so you might want to try back in about 5 to 10 years. Although, I do think the first design is good as is. I don't know why it wasn't printed.

Poeha

I think one reason why it didn't get printed was that I din;t submit it.

I will get back at you when you're gilltzzefyer printing technique is ready.

christisocool

d'aww that's a really cute poopie machine! :3

ChrisDB

Holy shit! That's a pretty cool poop design!

Poeha

Blah. who cares. I subbed it. YOOLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!111!!. -_-

hershel
heykimby said:

Lol, this is probably the best poop design ever.

I second that...very nice factory

unicorndinosaurs

maybe you should submit the design as a kids! design instead of wittlebee. Wittlebee probably doesn't want to surprise unsuspecting customers with poo... but I'm sure threadless would love to print this! I think it's funny. Good work!

wendy.wahlberg

I really like it (without the cats)! Would be a really cool baby onesie or dog hoodie! I would buy the dog hoodie in a second :)

Poeha

maybe you should submit the design as a kids! design instead of wittlebee.

oh... uhm, I already did it as wittlebee. I couldn't find out how to submit it as a kids shirt?

carlyberry

totally agree with wendy.wahlberg! dog hoodie of this would be ammmaaazzinnnngg :D

Poeha

Do they have doggie hoodies here? 0_0

TheInfamousBaka

Sure do. :-) Here are the templates and you would just sub it as a regular Threadless sub.

Poeha

That's... just wrong. Animals shouldn't wear clothes. Unless it's my cat, he loves clothes, he allways tries to hug me with his nails out when I put them on, so cute! So you think it fits cats?

Poeha

Well. It's up an running as a wittlebee. Can threadless still decide to print something when it is submitted in a challenge, or do you have to re-enter it? =/

And I just thought.... dogs don't eat carrots and tomato's! The actual factory would be really boring since dogs eat shit. You'll see shit turning into shit.

No account?