Close
One second...

WIP: Hunting Babyface

Hey guys. Below is my entry for the Monsters challenge thing, titled “Hunting Babyface”. Let me know what you think. Plus, be sure to show some love for my other submission here.

Watch this
mister.o

Fixed the colors a bit.

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

cool, I like it. Maybe the color of the foreground (cavemen and trees) should be the color of the tee? It would look good on a dark brown tee. And you could try adding some trees/bushes/grass tufts in the background to make it look like they are standing in a forest.

mister.o

@Mantichore: Thanks a lot for your reply man, I appreciate it. I tried brown like you said but the cavemen sort of merged with the dragon when I did that. I also did a pencil doodle of a forest around the drawing but it felt like it was quantifying/limiting the forest and detracting from its menace. What I did though was add some trees behind the dragon in order to create more depth and kept it all grey to keep the dragon the center of attention.

Mantichore

cool, really gives it more depth. I think you can even leave out the diagonal stripes on the trees and just go with a solid color (and like you already did, the further away the lighter). and maybe add some roots to the trees, now they look a bit like cardboard cutouts... Apart from that I think it looks ready to submit!

mister.o

damn Mantichore, I already submitted. You've got a point about the roots of the trees. I've been working on it for quite some time and thought "here goes nothing" and clicked "submit". Anyways man, thanks again for your wonderful feedback, and all the best to you because you deserve it.

Mantichore

haha no problem, you're welcome :)

No account?